Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing Onyxia 10 - Impossible?

So... since back mid summer of last year I've been farming Onyxia 10man hoping to get the mount. I did every week it with my 2 chars, my Destro (had a Demo spec just to solo things) and my feral. Up until now, with the warlock was a bit hard to do, you had to time everything very well etc, while on the feral it was terribly easy but the flying phase took too long because you can only hit her with Swipe/Thrash...

well, since 5.0.4 I killed her as Destro in about 2 or 3 mins on first try, it was so increadibly fast... while on my feral/guardian I just can't reach phase 3. It's impossible for me. Probably it's because of the gear: full cataclysmic as I mainly PvP.. but still, something that was so easy last week can't be so hard with exact same gear... as feral I'm dead after 10 secs of combat as I'm squishier than ever, and as guardian I'm always rage starved and health drops really fast.

I use flask, food, etc...

Anyone has soloed her since patch and wants to share some tips?? It's getting really disappointing, I just lost the number of trys I've done by now.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 01:18 AM ----------

Next try after posting this and I get her -.-u, but still it's been really hard :S. Still no mount T_T

Does the mount drop on 10 now? I remember originally it was only 25.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    It's always been 10 and 25 as far as I'm aware.

Deleted
    its always had a chance to drop on 10 or 25.

it drops on both 10 and 25m. the problem for melee classes to solo this is, in air phase you can no longer melee him like you could in vanilla. I still manage it pretty easy on my dk, just dot and clear adds when they come etc.

i havent checked out druids after the patch, but should have moonfire etc right? :O

edit: seems im slow on answering, 2 post over me got the answer already haha
    Last edited by runkel; 2012-09-01 at 11:46 AM.

dunno about feral or guardian but i solo'd ony on both of my boomkins today, i could do it pre-patch but i have nearly bis gear and it was a huge pain, now it's basically a guaranteed 1 shot. i can just spam rejuv on myself or if i start to get worried ns healing touch myself, my ns healing touches have been critting me for 130k+ which helps a lot. i only had a little bit of a scare with the adds on my first run, saved celestial alignment for adds on my 2nd boomy and they all went down really fast.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 04:52 AM ----------

just look at wowhead, the drop is on the loot table for both difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh i couldn't kill her on my guardian druid since the patch, i just pulled out my DK and did it with him instead!
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Always been 10 and 25, seen it drop on 10man very early after it was obtainable. A mate got it in a 25man Pug.

I'm still farming it also, it's easy for me to solo it though as a Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    well, since 5.0.4 I killed her as Destro in about 2 or 3 mins on first try, it was so increadibly fast... while on my feral/guardian I just can't reach phase 3. It's impossible for me. Probably it's because of the gear: full cataclysmic as I mainly PvP.. but still, something that was so easy last week can't be so hard with exact same gear... as feral I'm dead after 10 secs of combat as I'm squishier than ever, and as guardian I'm always rage starved and health drops really fast.
    Going to address the bold part:
    You being rage starved is what leads to your health dropping fast. You're supposed to use rage for Savage Defense or Frenzied Regeneration.
    If you, like many druids, have a macro tying Maul into many of your attacks: remove that, and only use Maul when you have an abundance of rage or take little to no damage. If that is the case, you should see your rage being perfectly managable.

Deleted
    One shotted as guardian spec without much effort.. Sure P2 took longer because you cant maintain the same burst dmg, as prior to the patch where you could basically skip P2. But it is still just as easy, just takes longer.

huh... always thought it was 25m. Guess I should start soloing 10.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its always dropped in 10 and 25, Atlas loot doesnt show it for 10man for some reason.

Can confirm it drops in 10 as i lost the roll 2 weeks ago to my friend i 2man it with

Deleted
    Mind sharing how you solo her with your destro lock? I need a reason to level up my lock =p

Umm this is the druid thread but I use to solo ony 10 as a feral, bear onyxia and then cat bleeds as she goes to fly up
    However, with this patch, I can only guardian or feral so I thought to try out moonkin since they got some decent changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiHjd...ature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    would it be easy to solo this as a ret, since last patch? (with all the healing buffs)
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Tip: Thrash and Swipe can hit her while she's in the air.

Yup it does, hopefully when 90 hits, we can either use DoC or HotW and push phase 2 quicker.

I solo'd her some weeks ago. Had no real clue as it was just a quick attempt...23 mins later Thrash and swipe just dont go fast, but was abit clueless to. Should have dotted her more etc as she runs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    Going to address the bold part:
    You being rage starved is what leads to your health dropping fast. You're supposed to use rage for Savage Defense or Frenzied Regeneration.
    If you, like many druids, have a macro tying Maul into many of your attacks: remove that, and only use Maul when you have an abundance of rage or take little to no damage. If that is the case, you should see your rage being perfectly managable.
    No no, I only use rage for Savage Defense and Frenzied Regeneration mostly, I haven't use Maul any try any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I solo'd her some weeks ago. Had no real clue as it was just a quick attempt...23 mins later Thrash and swipe just dont go fast, but was abit clueless to. Should have dotted her more etc as she runs up.
    Ya losing them cat bleeds made the fight take a lot longer.