Thread: /deaths thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Interesting. How did you know I am a runner? Maybe I talked about that before.... though I don't recall. Slightly creepy.

In any case, I am definitely a runner. I will bail at first hint things are going south. Fast travel/logout/HOM stone the heck out of there.

Fair is fair though; since Caduceus Manor we haven't been able to enter any dungeons with 2 of our normal dungeon crew. Which is where most PVE deaths happen in my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting. How did you know I am a runner? Maybe I talked about that before.... though I don't recall. Slightly creepy.

In any case, I am definitely a runner. I will bail at first hint things are going south. Fast travel/logout/HOM stone the heck out of there.

Fair is fair though; since Caduceus Manor we haven't been able to enter any dungeons with 2 of our normal dungeon crew. Which is where most PVE deaths happen in my experience.
    You've mentioned it in another thread before, and for some reason I remember it. Can't remember which thread, though.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

0 so far. I'm good at running away. Level 33 and just now into the 15-25 zones.

Also I'm a Ranger and I have a brown bear and a polar bear that I swap out. Makes a huge difference. I'm sure once I start doing story mode dungeons I'll die more.

Get in trouble, abandon poor bear to his fate and run. Works every time.

Oh as a side point, I'd like to add, if I was playing in a group I wouldn't run away. There have been times though that I've ran out so I could go sneak back and rez players.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2012-09-01 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    103 @ 80 Warrior

Half that is probably from falling lol
    Last edited by mmocce0f65a8f9; 2012-09-01 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

not a coward

i actually solo'd a champion rock troll today o:
    :O That is awesome. Champion mobs hit so hard D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaariana View Post
    :O That is awesome. Champion mobs hit so hard D:
    That's why you don't let them hit you.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had died 4 times already at level 3 :-( Stupid NPC's running around aggroing everything! Arrgh!

Something that I enjoy in Tera, Raiderz and Guild Wars 2 is the possibility of fighting mobs much tougher/higher level than you as a player. Since most damage can be mitigated in the aforementioned games without the hard/artificial limiters of gear & stats.

Not that I do not enjoy spreadsheet based games. Though it is a nice change of pace to solo a huge boss in Raiderz and know that you did so through perception and skillful execution.

One of the cool things is how GW2 actually pays out higher rewards for doing so.

It's fun.

[My opinion of course]
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-01 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    47 deaths at level 54, and over 10 of those came in the AC run I had a minute ago :P

1 at level 5.

I jumped from the upper level in Divinity's Reach like a hero.

Deleted
    Can't resist that lavapool either...

<.<

Between leaping off mountains, and intentionally throwing myself into unmanageable situations just to see if I can pull through, I have an uncomfortably high death count.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Can't resist that lavapool either...

<.<
    I did that too. I just had to know how much it would hurt.
    Last edited by Gisei; 2012-09-01 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Something that I enjoy in Tera, Raiderz and Guild Wars 2 is the possibility of fighting mobs much tougher/higher level than you as a player. Since most damage can be mitigated in the aforementioned games without the hard/artificial limiters of gear & stats.

Not that I do not enjoy spreadsheet based games. Though it is a nice change of pace to solo a huge boss in Raiderz and know that you did so through perception and skillful execution.

One of the cool things is how GW2 actually pays out higher rewards for doing so.

It's fun.

[My opinion of course]
    Definitely one of the biggest draws for me. Couldn't take on tougher enemies in WoW, realistically, and win through sheer skill. I mean, what is there to be more skillful at, besides actually using my class mechanics, instead of just auto-attacking to victory? O_o

Deleted
    I don't know what it is but I will almost never run away from a fight, if I see someone downed or in trouble, I will pretty much always sacrifice myself to save them. I have no common sense when it comes to cutting and running. The amount of times I've helped up someone who was down for them to leg it to the hills leaving me surrounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I don't know what it is but I will almost never run away from a fight, if I see someone downed or in trouble, I will pretty much always sacrifice myself to save them. I have no common sense when it comes to cutting and running. The amount of times I've helped up someone who was down for them to leg it to the hills leaving me surrounded.
    You've got that protective heroic quality that most of modern society lacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I try to do the same thing, though my plan is to kill everything in the area around someone before reviving them.
    Most of the time they map to a waypoint before I get the chance to get them up though :\
    Usually I'll try to save other people in a huge group fight if it's going south though. Pull everything I can to me with my greatsword on Guardian, then switch to staff/hammer and make a line or ring to lock everything in.
    I'll check my deaths later when I'm actually ingame >.>

80 deaths at 70.

Of course, that's because I always like to lead with the magical super-funtime surprise attack known as Static Shot.

Remember kids, if you use Static Shot, the moa will get involved. So will the boar. And that bear way over there. And all the moa in the next zone over.

But really it's mostly because me and my leveling bud love to take on challenges that are way too much for us. At 70 we went in and fought a level 80 dragon boss. :P
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-01 at 05:46 PM.

Level 30 necro, 31 deaths. I blame zombies.

Level 20 Warrior, 9 deaths. Most of those involve falling. I haven't figured out how far I can go without being defeated just yet.

Level 35 Deaths 126

Don't you people do PvP or jumping puzzle?

22 at lvl 40