Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Can't log in and I'm not getting the email

So I'm waking up and decided to play some GW2 before work....

"You've enabled e-mail authentication for this account. Since you're logging in from a new IP address, you're required to authenticate using the e-mail that has been sent to you. Please click the link provided to authenticate this log-in."

I'm not getting any emails and this is the only computer I've ever logged into gw2 with. Whats going on...

Same here, logged off 20 minutes ago to fix something. Now I get this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Your ip address is assigned from you isp. This can change if they need to change it and you will receive no notice bc it really doesn't make a difference. Your email is either blocking it, or there is some other spam filter preventing you from getting it outside of your control. Check your spam n stuff.

Say here with fixed ip.

I have the same problem. I am 100% sure the emails are not in my spam/trash as I checked, and I also added their email to my list.
    Still not getting the emails.

I did get about 5 emails from them before, but since then I stopped recieving them.
    And my email account works for all other emails, so its not broken -_-
    Last edited by Mehcrim; 2012-09-01 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Your ip address is assigned from you isp. This can change if they need to change it and you will receive no notice bc it really doesn't make a difference. Your email is either blocking it, or there is some other spam filter preventing you from getting it outside of your control. Check your spam n stuff.
    Nah, I received the e-mail just fine an hour ago when I logged in. And seeing as I'm not alone, I find it a bit unlikely that both of our e-mail providers decided to go down at the same time.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-09-01 at 06:54 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    the login server seems to be down. i was in earlier but had to reboot my system, now i cant login nor am i getting the email to authorize my network.

Getting the same issue.

Can't log in to the GW2 website or the game.

yea, im getting the same thing, i did get the email but when i try it, it doesnt work. (also using hotmail)

definitly something wrong going on.

When there's something strange...

In the neighborhood...

And now the whole site is down... so yup, definitliy something going down.

EDIT

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2

We're aware of the issues with the email authentication system and are investigating. We'll update you as soon as we know more. Thanks ^SL
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-09-01 at 07:15 PM.

Well I just logged in just fine, I tried it after seeing this thread. Not one issue with it. Also I don't know if people realize or not but the validation email link is broken right now. After you log in, just hit play. Don't bother with the validation thing.

Edit: Looking around the Heart of the Mists... it does seem like there are less people on then normal though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-09-01 at 07:20 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Yeah, I'm having the same issue =(

All we can do is wait. T.T

Would be nice if they simply removed it and added the option of purchasing authenticators. Don't really want to have to go to my email every time i'm logging in...since they can't seem to tell my IP hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well I just logged in just fine, I tried it after seeing this thread. Not one issue with it. Also I don't know if people realize or not but the validation email link is broken right now. After you log in, just hit play. Don't bother with the validation thing.

Edit: Looking around the Heart of the Mists... it does seem like there are less people on then normal though.
    I know what you mean, however the link was actually working today (don't know if it still does). And when you click on it you will activate the e-mail auth. service.

Same here, massive failure on Arenanet's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I know what you mean, however the link was actually working today (don't know if it still does). And when you click on it you will activate the e-mail auth. service.
    Ahh i see. Well i logged out, sent an email and logged back in. Still haven't got the email though, definitely something up with the system.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-09-01 at 07:28 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Same here, massive failure on Arenanet's part.
    How many times have people said the same thing about Blizzard?

I really wish people would stop with the attitude of bitching at the company and going "MASSIVE FAIL!" for ALL online games. Unless you have experience in their field of work, and understand what code they're using, it's unlikely you have any idea about how this could happen or any idea of how you could possibly foresee such problems.

Shit happens. Deal with it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 07:33 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    How many times have people said the same thing about Blizzard?

I really wish people would stop with the attitude of bitching at the company and going "MASSIVE FAIL!" for ALL online games. Unless you have experience in their field of work, and understand what code they're using, it's unlikely you have any idea about how this could happen or any idea of how you could possibly foresee such problems.

Shit happens. Deal with it.
    How does blizzard messing up have ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't. He just wants GW2 to be "better" than Wow and have everyone mass mirgrate...not gonna happen.