Rogues still ridiculously overpowered in burst

65% Resil, full old 403 gear. On my Warrior in WSG.

Also lol at that poor editing xoxo

You srs?
    Last edited by Cysne; 2012-09-02 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    That burst can only happen inside Find Weakness though. When the rogue uses Shadow Dance (it has an animation now) is when you have to trinket the Kidney and CC/Disarm the rogue. You nullify SD and reduce the amount of damage happening during the FW window.

I'm also amazed that he crited with everything considering that rogues lost all crit modifiers and that most are sitting at 30%-35%.

also i doubt he is hitting u that hard outside reck/berserker buff/flag stack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    That burst can only happen inside Find Weakness though. When the rogue uses Shadow Dance (it has an animation now) is when you have to trinket the Kidney and CC/Disarm the rogue. You nullify SD and reduce the amount of damage happening during the FW window.

I'm also amazed that he crited with everything considering that rogues lost all crit modifiers and that most are sitting at 30%-35%.
    my rogue is full cata and sits around 40% crit, so i dunno what you're talking about. i could probably push it to around 45 if mastery wasnt so good right now.

they can hit you this hard for sure.

maybe try and avoid getting danced on..like we have to avoid your burst
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-09-02 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    my rogue is full cata and sits around 40% crit, so i dunno what you're talking about. i could probably push it to around 45 if mastery wasnt so good right now.

they can hit you this hard for sure.

maybe try and avoid getting danced on..like we have to avoid your burst
    Checked a few fully Cataclysm geared characters in armory (so it's unbuffed) and all of them are 30-35% as I said. I can't check my own since it hasn't logged on 5.0.4 yet so the values are incorrect (shows 41.42% for her, in the PTR it was lower).

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    also i doubt he is hitting u that hard outside reck/berserker buff/flag stack
    Sub is critting eviscerates at level 90 for 100k+ without any outside buffs. They're continually breaking sub spec down to the worst thing possible. Shed it of all uniqueness, of all utility and pump it up with tons of damage only to inevitably nerf it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

you'd get those numbers from mastery stacking, but with sub getting crit chance removed from ambush and backstab it's just extremely lucky if get that string of crits with a full mastery reforge.

A rogue guildy used to take me down to 40% in cheap-->kidney from 100%.

Now he brings me down to 85%.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    A rogue guildy used to take me down to 40% in cheap-->kidney from 100%.

Now he brings me down to 85%.
    ^This. Rogues seem to have been $hit on in this patch/expansion, IMO.

I will burn your soul.

Deleted
    Please keep in mind that the last patch is likely balanced around being level 90. So declaring class X over- or underpowered does not make much sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    Please keep in mind that the last patch is likely balanced around being level 90. So declaring class X over- or underpowered does not make much sense at all.
    this. No point of wasting effort on stuff its balanced for 90 not 85

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    ^This. Rogues seem to have been $hit on in this patch/expansion, IMO.
    Shall we all agree then that the OP is crap and crying and leave it at that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Its just the new patch that " messes " up alot : )

Its made for 90 pvp not 85 :>

Tbh, I think that the "it's balanced around level 90" argument is a cheap cop out answer. We aren't level 90, and level 90 content isn't available, so having to play an imbalanced unpolished pile of dog shit for the next month seems a bit silly.

I hate to jump on the "f u blizz u r lazy" wagon, but I feel that it isn't inaccurate here. An opt-in beta or test realm is one thing, but using live servers to test shit out feels a bit like paying them to be their guinea pigs.

15+ Year Old Account
    That rogue got lucky, and probably was very well geared. I'm running around in full cata (not the elite version, the standard stuff) and I would never see those kind of numbers on a geared warrior. Hell I have trouble getting through Second Wind for God's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue burst is still good, I've been playing on mine a bit but the sources of damage are different. It used to be all about spambush, now it seems to still be dance but more for the CP's you generate whilst using ambush because Evis hits damn hard. That's what I've found anyway. Seen a few 30ish k non crits and I've got 397 weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Checked a few fully Cataclysm geared characters in armory (so it's unbuffed) and all of them are 30-35% as I said. I can't check my own since it hasn't logged on 5.0.4 yet so the values are incorrect (shows 41.42% for her, in the PTR it was lower).
    no they arent.. decent gear and they're over 35% crit. most are close to 40 like i said. here's the first 3 i checked from our ladder.. maybe you're just in a bad battle group ^^: [actually 3/4, reckful is over 40% but hasnt spec'd since patch so no mastery reforge]

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Mga/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ius/rzn/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andez/advanced

anyways, point remains.. it's still possible to do some good damage with them, evis is hitting really nice and i'll take 37-40% crit on spambush any day.. feels great imo.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-09-03 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no they arent.. decent gear and they're over 35% crit. most are close to 40 like i said. here's the first 3 i checked from our ladder.. maybe you're just in a bad battle group ^^: [actually 3/4, reckful is over 40% but hasnt spec'd since patch so no mastery reforge]

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Mga/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ius/rzn/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andez/advanced

anyways, point remains.. it's still possible to do some good damage with them, evis is hitting really nice and i'll take 37-40% crit on spambush any day.. feels great imo.
    I see why the difference. Reforging and different gemming (PVP power in different slots instead of red gems).

Anyways, it came to my mind that the OP posted a screenshot of a rogue with berserker buff because there's no bleed to be seen and subtlety needs a bleed to be dealing the extra 20% damage.