Thread: Mystic Coins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    The reality is that you just don't have the proper materials yet. If you look around the world, you'll find clues to proper recipes. Or you can just wait for someone to do all the work for you, and hope they put it up on the wiki.
    Or we can just leave completely snide and unhelpful posts scattered about forums with our weirdo jap-pron signature like we own the world. If you don't have anything relevant to add to the topic, you can refrain from posting from now on.

OT: Still haven't gotten high enough to use these yet, but I'm stacking them up in the bank for sure.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-03 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If you don't have anything relevant to add to the topic, you can refrain from posting from now on.
    I told him the most helpful thing in this thread. That there are clues to specific recipes, in the game. He just has to find them, or wait for someone else to find them and put them up on the wiki. It's simple and plain truth, and especially helpful if he's the exploring type and honestly just needed the hint that there are things to look out for in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    The tootip says "These coins are used to create high level weapons at the mystic forge" soooo perhaps they only work when making a rare or legendary? I have a few in the bank. High level weps was the give away for me, there not going to work at level 20 etc
    I tried to put level 80 rare weapons in and they don't light up the coins.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-09-03 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    They work with certain items to create a new item to then create Legendary weapons, or other kind of amazing stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why we have 2 threads on the same page, about mystic coins?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    The all powerful google has no consensus. I would say we still haven't figured it out yet. That's kind of exciting and a compliment to the game these days. Give us more mystery please.
    No, it gives frustration when a game is that unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    They work with certain items to create a new item to then create Legendary weapons, or other kind of amazing stuff.
    Right, and the question here is what are these "certain" items. I have tried crafting materials, all different kinds of weapons at all levels. I even tried all of the same weapons. I have even tried armors. The only thing that I have found that works with the coins are foods you can buy from vendors. I also tried putting 4 coins in.

Edit: So messing around with the items in my bank I found an item that actually works with the coins.

Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-09-03 at 05:45 PM.

I know they are for forging weapons at the mystic forge, I also do not know of anyone knowing any actual recipes. I do however know they are extremely limited which hint's to me they are very valuable, so when I saw them on the TP for 60 copper a piece, yeah, I got quite a few of them now, it's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No, it gives frustration when a game is that unclear.
    The game is very clear as to what they're used for, and Arena.net have been very clear that clues to recipes can be found in the world. It's not rocket science..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Edit: So messing around with the items in my bank I found an item that actually works with the coins.
    Who didn't see that coming? Heh.
    Last edited by Purple; 2012-09-04 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I only found them by doing the daily achievement. Do we have another way to find them?
    Monthly achievement gives you ~20 of the things, but apart from that I don't know of any other way to get them.

... at the cost of getting snide comments, I am going to post anyways.. I have also tried a wide variety of things including crafting yellow weapon materials etc... (and thank you for the inadvertent post on checking arena.net, where I didn't find anything, but went to the guildwars2 wiki link which shows some examples, but being so new, many of the stuff on here is incomplete. Not being a rocket scientist, I assumed that the coins were used for high level weapon crafting as indicated, but as the link shows only food items seem to have been found. It is a big world out there and any positive hints and shares would be helpful, its not for a lack of trying and if i do find something, i'll post it in a positive way to share. (I'm sure this is why forums were created)

Thanks all for the useful thread information and I have now seen Miyani on the pic posted earlier, thank you for that! She has the different recipes for 10 gold to craft some really nice stuff.. but.. out of my price range, along with different other stuff purchasable using skill points.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 01:43 PM ----------

An update on the forge. Just for information, I purchased a Bottle of Elonian Wine and 5 Crystals from Miyani and put them in the forge, what I was able to put in was the bottles, the crystals, the coins and my Strong Gladiator Chestplate. I didn't have enough coins to see what would happen as it wanted 26 coins, 12 shards and 3 bottles of wine. (the genie must really like his wine). Costly, but I'm curious enough to see what will happen. I can always craft another chest piece.
    Last edited by Skorned; 2012-09-04 at 06:36 PM.