Price increase on Orders armors

The price increase on the Vigil, OoW, and DP armors is just ridiculous. How do you change items that are 15-17s a piece to 1g20s-1g80s a piece. I knew I should have bought them a few days ago and just worn them at 80.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arklain View Post
    The price increase on the Vigil, OoW, and DP armors is just ridiculous. How do you change items that are 15-17s a piece to 1g20s-1g80s a piece. I knew I should have bought them a few days ago and just worn them at 80.
    ...because that's what bug fixing is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    ...because that's what bug fixing is?
    I doubt it was a bug. I can buy that a single karma item on a single karma merchant being mispriced was a bug. Having ALL of faction merchants mispriced? I don't think so. Most likely Anet just didn't foresee people using the gear in a way that they did (mystic forges, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I doubt it was a bug. I can buy that a single karma item on a single karma merchant being mispriced was a bug. Having ALL of faction merchants mispriced? I don't think so. Most likely Anet just didn't foresee people using the gear in a way that they did (mystic forges, etc).
    Bug: a generic term that describes a malfunction of undetermined origin in a computer or other electronic device.
    Malfunction: an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose.

The mispricing (as you yourself admitted was unintended) was a malfunction of undetermined origin. Hence, a bug.

Except it wasn't mispriced. The gear isn't even amazingly statted, it just looks good.

Deleted
    I can buy that a single karma item on a single karma merchant being mispriced was a bug.
    Right here you're saying it was mispriced. I was just explaining why something being mispriced qualifies as a bug.

Except it wasn't mispriced. The gear isn't even amazingly statted, it just looks good.
    and that is exactly what you pay for the stats are irrelevant because exotics are better but might not look good for you
    Bookah bow before your Asura Overlord!

Right here you're saying it was mispriced. I was just explaining why something being mispriced qualifies as a bug.
    1. That isn't me.
    2. He is talking about the karma merchant that was selling level 80 weapons for 21 karma instead of 21,000 like they were priced at every other vendor aside from that ONE vendor in ONE zone. The gear people got banned for buying because they bought hundreds of them and forged them in the mystic forge over and over. This is talking about order armors which were priced the same at every vendor then had the price raised for no reason.

Deleted
    Ah, pardon. I've gotten so used to identifying people by their avatars, I got you two mixed up. That you both have names starting with A didn't help, either. :P

Nonetheless, it was mispriced, otherwise they wouldn't revise the price, especially not that drastically.

They were very cheap to be honest, I don't think a price hike was unreasonable.

1-2g per piece isn't bad for level 80 cosmetic armor. I'm level 55 right now and making gold MUCH faster than earlier in the game. Just don't blow it all on waypoints and skill-resets and it's easymode.

GW2 isn't about stat grinding gear treadmill, most of your effort will be put toward getting better looking/unique gear.

When I saw that I reported it as an exploit and did not buy any. So...yeah. Easily seen as mispriced.

Nonetheless, it was mispriced, otherwise they wouldn't revise the price, especially not that drastically.
    That's faulty reasoning.

That's faulty reasoning.
    More retrospective than faulty.
    It's more like this (for me): If I saw a new car labeled for 2000 instead of 20000, I'd be suspicious and ask if that's right. It'd be awesome if it was 2000.

It was probably less substantial relative to the karma thing, but it was still easily exploitable if you had some money to spare or just wanted that stuff for looks for later (which I did, but refrained from buying it).

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    More retrospective than faulty.
    It's more like this (for me): If I saw a new car labeled for 2000 instead of 20000, I'd be suspicious and ask if that's right. It'd be awesome if it was 2000.

It was probably less substantial relative to the karma thing, but it was still easily exploitable if you had some money to spare or just wanted that stuff for looks for later (which I did, but refrained from buying it).
    He is saying that the gear is mispriced because Anet adjusted the price because the gear was mispriced.

Your analogy would be fitting for the karma weapon abuse bug (where only one weapon of all the cultural merchants was sold for a fraction of its price), but in relation to this its more like walking down the street and seeing 3 separate, unrelated dealerships selling multiple models of new cars for low prices. A lot less cause for suspicion. Not to mention that with the extensive beta that Anet had, you'd assume something like this wouldn't slip past them, unless it was actually intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Its safer to assume that most things, price and what not are going to be in a state of flux for a while. Prices for vendor items and the state of the economy will eb and change in order to balance the state of things on the live realms as more and more people reach the higher lvl content.

Deleted
    He is saying that the gear is mispriced because Anet adjusted the price because the gear was mispriced.
    Negatory.

I'm saying the gear was mispriced considering ANet adjusted the price. Not that it is currently mispriced because ANet adjusted the price.

Pretty sure that was obvious from what I wrote, but oh well.

If something seems like it's too good to be true, than it usually is. Proceed with caution...that's all I thought when I saw it, especially after the Karma incident. So instead of buying all I could, I reported the low cost and waited a few days to see if anything would happen. Low and behold the next day, they disabled them, then ramped up the price. If one person can see it this way, so can another. Depends on your perspective. But whatever. I wasted 50s on accident on that damn cow launching game, then tried to win it back and the damn thing malfunctioned and I lost another 50s....damn cows! (FYI: After an event where you defend a Charr-cow-launcher from Harpies, he decides to launch a bunch and you bet on 1 of 3 places it will land - you bet 50s each time and if you win you get 50s - I think there's 4 total bets, and it can malfunction making you lose money - I lost 50s unaware of what I pressed, than another 50 trying to win it back when it malfunctioned and he claimed no refunds...sigh!)