Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Okay let's clear a few things up:

1 - Whether or whether not the OP is a troll, you do not ever call someone a troll, it's a direct violation of forums rules and we go harshly on it.

2 - I went through so many posts here and in between some nice conversation, people end up with spam/flaming posts. These got infracted, please don't disrupt a conversation with your useless posts. This goes on any forums.

3 - Lastly, this is a warning post, if there are further breaking of rules with spammy posts and flaming, I'll lock this thread or another mod. There can be a good debate going on through all the bad comments within, this is why I do not wish to lock this thread yet, even though it would save the mods sifting through the garbage.
    Is confused. You deliver a threat to the very existance of the thread, weigh in with an opinion and then loom over the thread with the hammer. . can we offer differing opinions in here? Different to yours? Just very odd and a little heavy handed.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-04 at 10:51 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course you may offer differing opinions, I probably should of responded seperately with my opinion so I'll do that in this post instead The warning is for the junk in many posts before this page, so new people can see it and don't resort to their actions. Keep the conversation going, just don't result to name calling, spam posts etc.

To the topic itself: WoW is an mmorpg, it evolves, people come and go. Guilds disband, but others take their place. The game can be as challenging as you want it. If you see something easy, and wish it's harder, make it harder for yourself. There is nothing wrong with a nerf to content that is very old, or previous content, developers do this all the time.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-04 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Why did all the best guilds state that Heroic Ragnaros was the most difficult fight to date, but there are always posts saying how easy WoW is now? Seems like a pretty massive conflict.
    Because when only 1 raid is released per year and it has only 1 hard boss, I don't think you can call the game difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuriel View Post
    Same. Also, my deathknight was part of the world first Cthun kill in classic.
    I remember it. It was pre-nerf, wasn't it? Ooh good times when DKs were DW tanking with crossbows...

Hardcore raiders are still there. When new content is out - those are the ones that clear it first, get mount achis first etc, etc, and have (up to) several months of 'fame' and 'glory' untill regular baddies catch up...
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2012-09-04 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Because they did 500 attempts on the fight inside of the first month of release...follow the 1 meteor strategy which was done within a month of the first kill and the fight is a joke.
    .... And? Please elaborate on how that in any way impacts my statement please. 500 attempts certainly seems to be in line with it being the hardest fight in the game along with all the best guilds you know... Saying it was the hardest fight in the game. In the future when you quote someone and attempt to counter their statement you should try to avoid random drivel which has nothing to do with the original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Because when only 1 raid is released per year and it has only 1 hard boss, I don't think you can call the game difficult.
    What is this based on? How many "hard" things does a game need before it is hard? How often does it need to be "hard"? This is like saying the Olympics aren't hard because the athlete only has to compete once ever four years, see how shockingly fucking stupid that sounds?
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2012-09-04 at 11:03 AM.

Hardcore died in BC.

/nextthread

Deleted
    Darkfall online, Everquest and super meatboy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    I realize with wow becoming so easy you can play it with your penis
    Stopped reading there. Show me your firelord prenerf title and I'll read the rest. /discuss.
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2012-09-04 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    What is this based on? How many "hard" things does a game need before it is hard? How often does it need to be "hard"? This is like saying the Olympics aren't hard because the athlete only has to compete once ever four years, see how shockingly fucking stupid that sounds?
    That would be saying: Getting world first is easy. But since WoW is a game and you can "complete" it and since top players (or players with all achievments) basically sit with the game completed instantly when they clear the newest raid as there is no other content. Olympics aren't hard either if you dont care about your placement.

Additionally WoW mechanics are very very easy and forgiving compared to almoust every other game.

^Tells enough when guilds are selling titles almoust instantly after first kill? So basically you could have pre-nerf Firelord achieved by playing only with penis
    Last edited by mmocc9d032cf13; 2012-09-04 at 11:10 AM.

Olympics aren't hard either if you dont care about your placement.
    Ahahhahah.. Hahahaha.. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Also I enjoy this because it adds a variable to your argument, WoW isn't hard if you don't try; what a stupid point.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2012-09-04 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    I think because Vanilla WoW was made for gamers, people who devote more time to video games then the rest and current WoW is made not only for gamers, but stay-at-home mums, kids and crowd who only played solitaire and moved to WoW.
    That's why we see less and less hardcore gamers then before. I really can't think a person is a gamer and satisfied with picking herbs, doing dailies and going to LFR.
    Last edited by mmoc9ff7ae5337; 2012-09-04 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Ahahhahah.. Hahahaha.. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Also I enjoy this because it adds a variable to your argument, WoW isn't hard if you don't try; what a stupid point.
    What? Raiding is not hard in any way. Getting world first is only hard because of the competition, not because the content is hard.
    Currently WoW raiding scene is like 100m sprint. Anyone can do it though only one can be Usain Bolt.
    Last edited by mmocc9d032cf13; 2012-09-04 at 11:23 AM.

Short answer: They grew up.

Deleted
    Why did all the best guilds state that Heroic Ragnaros was the most difficult fight to date, but there are always posts saying how easy WoW is now? Seems like a pretty massive conflict.
    There are 28 raid boss fights in Cataclysm. You can't judge the expansion's overall difficulty based on only one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    There are 28 raid boss fights in Cataclysm. You can't judge the expansion's overall difficulty based on only one of them.
    But you can comment on the state sayin WoW would be gettin easier if the yet hardest boss just came with the recent expansion.
    Yes, there are easier bosses. Does that make the whole game easier? Doubtly. More accessable to the casual? Yes. Easier for the hardcores? No. They still have to beat all of 'em, including the hardest fight to date.
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2012-09-04 at 11:25 AM.

What? Raiding is not hard in any way. Getting world first is only hard because of the competition, not because the content is hard.
    So instead of... Enforcing your point in any way, you are simply going to restate your same baseless statement? Wow, this is pretty hard! So the best guilds in the world agree that Ragnaros was one of the hardest bosses in the history of the game if not the hardest ever but that doesn't count because in your opinion the content is not hard. Got it, good point, you are a master of debate.

YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY JUDGE AN EXPANSIONS DIFFICULTY BASED ON THE HARDEST BOSS!! Wait, what? So this expansion contains the hardest boss, but is the easiest expansion? Bulletproof. Spine also took a massive amount of pulls, heroic Nef, heroic Sinestra, all labeled extremely challenging by the top guilds that downed them.

Can anyone here actually validate the statement that this expansion was easy with more than "Because I said so.", cause that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2012-09-04 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    In your opinion is 1 hard boss/year enough for saying "hard content"?

Deleted
    hahaha 6 year old achieve gladiator seems legit.

In your opinion is 1 hard boss/year enough for saying "hard content"?
    I never made the statement that there is only one hard boss a year, that was you. I would never be as ignorant as to make faceless claims about the experience an entire community has over the course of a year that contradicts the best players in the world.

"Yea, they did come up with one boss that was the hardest one in WoW history but it's to easy anyway"

Wait what?

Yes, they managed to make THE most difficult boss (that wasn't so random that it's actually impossible to beat and nerfed before anyone could kill it) and that should by any means mean that Firelands was the most difficult instance ever. Add to that the fight of Spine heroic pre nerfs and perhaps some beth'tilac and Nefarion Hc, sinestra on top of that and you have cataclysm. Never have it been so hard to clear content at it's current patch pre nerfs as it was now (C'tun impossible mode may you rest in peace).
    Last edited by eErike; 2012-09-04 at 11:37 AM.