Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubyzub View Post
    I tried it on other PC with win 8 RP = The same result. And I do not think that would be a problem with CPU q3.cz/images/67gw2.jpg the game just sux so hard. There must be some kind of bug or extremne bad optimization. Nothing else.
    1) You posted a screenshot of a completely empty zone. CPU is used mostly when loading lots of assets, which generally happen when there are a lot of other players present. Thats like trying to prove that ice cream is unmeltable by taking it outside at -50 in the middle of alaskan winter.
    2) If other players with similar or inferior rigs are getting drastically better performance, then this means its a problem with the PC itself.

P.S. Windows 8 is the new Vista... its crap. If anything this might very well be your problem on its own.
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-09-03 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    1) You posted a screenshot of a completely empty zone. CPU is used mostly when loading lots of assets, which generally happen when there are a lot of other players present. Thats like trying to prove that ice cream is unmeltable by taking it outside at -50 in the middle of alaskan winter.
    2) If other players with similar or inferior rigs are getting drastically better performance, then this means its a problem with the PC itself.

P.S. Windows 8 is the new Vista... its crap. If anything this might very well be your problem on its own.
    Exactly and even this empy zone runs like crap. ~15fps. And again.. same on win7 with 2 different pc. This game is just a junk. I have to wait until they fix it.

Exactly and even this empy zone runs like crap. ~15fps. And again.. same on win7 with 2 different pc. This game is just a junk. I have to wait until they fix it.
    Again (for the last time): If you are running at 15 FPS in an empty zone with a computer that is technically better then other people running the same zone at 50 FPS when its full, its not the game, its your computer(s).

I dont understand how this can be hard to understand: if it was game-sided, everyone would be having performance issues. This is not the case. If my computer can run this at 50 FPS, and yours is better but only runs it at 15 FPS, then something is wrong with your computer, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    Again (for the last time): If you are running at 15 FPS in an empty zone with a computer that is technically better then other people running the same zone at 50 FPS when its full, its not the game, its your computer(s).

I dont understand how this can be hard to understand: if it was game-sided, everyone would be having performance issues. This is not the case. If my computer can run this at 50 FPS, and yours is better but only runs it at 15 FPS, then something is wrong with your computer, period.
    I have no problem with any other game on all of this computers at all. From minesweeper to crysis 2. Only with this one. On the other side whole internet is full of "GW2 performace issues" posts. So again.. there is no problem with my computer. This game is just terrible buggy, have some compatibility issues or just sux.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    Hi,

i've been trying many settings and stuff but i just seem to have overall low fps.

When theres events and stuff it can go under 10, but usually it's somewhere between 10 - 30.

WvW is pretty much unplayable.

My setup:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12278MB RAM
    Page File: 5794MB used, 18759MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
    Display Memory: 4048 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1488 MB
    Shared Memory: 2560 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Version: 306.02 ( just installed the lasted beta driver )

You should get an aftermarket cooler and OC your chip to 3.4 or 3.6 easily, I'm running my 920 D0 @ 4.0 with a 570 card and have been fine on my FPS on a 1440 res.

I think I used this guide to do mine.

http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/gu...-930-to-4-0ghz

Edit: Maybe do a fresh install of your video drivers.
    Last edited by Loyrl; 2012-09-03 at 07:40 PM.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Okay so I had posted earlier about it seems like the game has run like crap since earlier today. After making that post I checked out speedfan to check on things and my CPU came in at 97C with just the browser open. Needless to say I immediately shut it down, and have just installed an Antec 25 cooler. Now maxing at 45C so not bad optimization. Games running great again with the newest drivers and a gtx570.

I have no problem with any other game on all of this computers at all. From minesweeper to crysis 2. Only with this one. On the other side whole internet is full of "GW2 performace issues" posts. So again.. there is no problem with my computer. This game is just terrible buggy, have some compatibility issues or just sux.
    Indeed there is the possibility of a compatibility issue. But that has nothing with the game sucking, it has to do with (usually) drivers, and thats outside of Anet's control.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Buy a gts 460 :P
    52 fps
    /facepalm...yah...we'll get right on that...in the mean time lets talk about how to get the best out of what we have m'kay?

OT I had issues, my pc is older (asus p5e flashed to rampage, e8500 oc'd to 3.8 8g or 1033ddr2), my card is an old ati 5770, so I went about setting shit low...but then I got curious...and I set things much higher then I'd expect would run well...and I changed it over to supersampling...2 seconds of lag annnnnd...wow...it works, and it's pretty, and I get 40fps on a 3 screen eyefinity setup with my crap old card. Peachy
    I think it was at that moment I finally 'got' how an old game engine can make for shitty performance.
    Wow lags harder then this or BF3, so I guess that's sort of that explained to me.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Alright guys, you tell me what's going on with my FPS
    AMD FX6100 Six-Core Processor
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    8GB DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Patched to the recommended Beta Version)
    Game on Best Appearance: 17-19 FPS
    Game on Auto-Detect: 21-24
    Game on Best Performance: 24-28

I feel my PC is more than well equipped to handle this game on Best Appearance. I've compared my FPS with several of my friends who have lower tier hardware who are putting out 30-54FPS. Funny thing is, I have the same issue with SWTOR, low FPS compared to my friends. What the heck is going on? Lots of love for insight on how to fix this aggravating issue.

2500k OC'd to 4.4ghz, gigabyte gtx 670 windforce 1135mhz boost clock. I get as low as 30fps in the Black Citadel. FPS averages between 50-90 in most zones.
    602.02 drivers(nvidia takes forever to release drivers). The driver support is pretty horrible atm and the game still isn't as optimized as it should be.
    Even with all settings on low(the game looks like a PS1 game on low) I get little to none fps gain.

Just gonna have to wait......Can't really do anything else.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-09-04 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Glad i didn't pre-purchase, seems like a massive shitfest anyway...
    I have had 0 problems with the game. Game plays flawlessly. I have a 560 ti, win 7 64, and intel i7-930 @ 4.2g.

AMD HD7970 3gb
    i7-2600k @ 3.4ghz
    16gb ram
    Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Game is not smooth. Usually between 40-60 FPS which is good but it can start frameskipping. If I pump up ALL the settings to max (not only selecting "Best Appearance"), FPS drops even lower (20-30?)

I would expect more from my system.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-09-04 at 05:04 AM.

Deleted
    i5 2500k
    gtx 580
    8gb ram
    win7

Everything high, ultra when it's applicable. 1920 x 1080. 60fps, only drops in wvw to around 35-40 and in crowded towns.
    Last edited by mmoca65a8fe722; 2012-09-04 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know if this is a problem but my game feels like playing in sirup. The camera is not starting the millisecond i move my mouse and same thing when i stop moving. I know it was like this in GW1 but is there a way to fix it or is it designed that way?

Well i read this thread and i am wondering what kind of expectations people have from their computers ... realy now anything past 25 fps or so is just for e-pen.

I have a Pentium 4 3ghz, 4gb ram and a gf9600gt, nothing overclocked everything since 2008 or something, and with auto setings ( mostly everything on medium or off like aa and shadows) and 1600xsomething resolution i stay prety stable at about 15-30 fps when i m alone or with few players. Things do go bad when alot of players are around but i rarely go under 10 fps which is still playable.
    I know it s nothing to wonder about but the game runs well and looks good on a prety old and bad machine compared to what u people have, so maby instead of chasing those 300+ fps out of your beasts just relax and enjoy the game, your eye wont notice any difference anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post
    Well i read this thread and i am wondering what kind of expectations people have from their computers ... realy now anything past 25 fps or so is just for e-pen.
    A lot of people have written about the 24fps myth, but the by far best read I've found about it is over on Projector Central. I recommend you give it a read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    I don't know if this is a problem but my game feels like playing in sirup. The camera is not starting the millisecond i move my mouse and same thing when i stop moving. I know it was like this in GW1 but is there a way to fix it or is it designed that way?
    It was designed that way, it's called camera smoothing. It was aimed at achieving a more "realistic" feel (in a fucking fantasy MMO, go figure) but the only end result is the camera feeling like it's struggling to keep up with the mouse movements.

It takes a while to get used to, but it really isn't a deal-breaker for me anymore. I don't notice it as much as I used to when I started.

It would still be nice if they implemented a snappy/responsive camera like WoW (or better, just copy every feature of WoW's excellent camera).

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syro View Post

I have a Pentium 4 3ghz, 4gb ram and a gf9600gt, nothing overclocked everything since 2008 or something, and with auto setings ( mostly everything on medium or off like aa and shadows) and 1600xsomething resolution i stay prety stable at about 15-30 fps when i m alone or with few players. Things do go bad when alot of players are around but i rarely go under 10 fps which is still playable.
    I know it s nothing to wonder about but the game runs well and looks good on a prety old and bad machine compared to what u people have, so maby instead of chasing those 300+ fps out of your beasts just relax and enjoy the game, your eye wont notice any difference anyway.
    A lot of people have written about the 24fps myth, but the by far best read I've found about it is over on Projector Central. I recommend you give it a read.
    I think both of you missed the point by a mile. First there's that guy who said that 10 fps is still playable (LOL no) and then there's you pointing him to something that relates completely to movies, not interactive gaming, which FYI are two completely different things when it comes to comparing framerates.

With movies 24-30fps is enough because all motion is predictable, you control none of it, the eyes are excellent at filling in the gaps and making the motion seem smooth, and there's a whole heap of editing effects thrown in.
    However all that goes out the window with gaming where you have complete control on the camera and movement, no movie-style editing, just raw framerates - more importantly, your hands and eyes feel the input and have total control over it. If you had 24fps in a game, you would have something like ~41ms input lag from frame to frame which is HUGE, putting aside the extremely choppy/jerky experience.

@Syro in the PC gaming world 30fps is what is considered "just playable" and 60fps is the ideal benchmark for a smooth gaming experience. I notice quite a definite difference between 60fps and 120fps as well (120hz monitor wooo). That's the end of that
    The "human eyes can't see more than 24fps" myth was debunked decades ago and turned into a joke internet meme (that's how laughably wrong it is).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-04 at 11:53 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no problem with any other game. Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs, DiRT 3, Just Cause 2... everything beautifully smooth. Only this crap dont work. + What kind of MMO this is. It looks worst then 8 years old WOW and need top high end computer to run? EH?!
    You're just sounding like a spoilt brat now who can't play his special game.

I've never understood how people with good PCs have issues like this, I can't see it being the games fault, as I have no issues at all on my i7 and gtx570. No heating issues, graphics on high, 40+ FPS in crowded zones.

It could be your internet connection sucks, do you share it? Do you game while streaming a film? Or maybe you just don't know how to take care of your PC.

To say this games graphics is worse than WoW, just makes me think you are a troll flaming this game out of boredom.

I really wish I had access to your PC, so I could test a game like BF3 and then play GW2, to see what the difference is.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It was designed that way, it's called camera smoothing. It was aimed at achieving a more "realistic" feel (in a fucking fantasy MMO, go figure) but the only end result is the camera feeling like it's struggling to keep up with the mouse movements.

It takes a while to get used to, but it really isn't a deal-breaker for me anymore. I don't notice it as much as I used to when I started.

It would still be nice if they implemented a snappy/responsive camera like WoW (or better, just copy every feature of WoW's excellent camera).[COLOR="red"]
    Or you could just max out the camera speed in the options.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-09-04 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I think both of you missed the point by a mile. First there's that guy who said that 10 fps is still playable (LOL no) and then there's you pointing him to something that relates completely to movies, not interactive gaming, which FYI are two completely different things when it comes to comparing framerates.

With movies 24-30fps is enough because all motion is predictable, you control none of it, the eyes are excellent at filling in the gaps and making the motion seem smooth, and there's a whole heap of editing effects thrown in.
    However all that goes out the window with gaming where you have complete control on the camera and movement, no movie-style editing, just raw framerates. If you had 24fps in a game, you would have something like ~41ms input lag from frame to frame which is HUGE, putting aside the extremely choppy/jerky experience.

In the PC gaming world 30fps is what is considered "just playable" and 60fps is the ideal benchmark for a smooth gaming experience. I notice quite a definite difference between 60fps and 120fps as well (120hz monitor wooo). That's the end of that
    The "human eyes can't see more than 24fps" myth was debunked decades ago, anyone bringing it up in today's world needs to come out of their cave and realize we happen to have flying machines called aeroplanes, women can vote, and also we have a world-wide network of computers called the Internet.
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Moving media are really the same, whether it's on your TV, in the cinema, or on your computer monitor - whether it's a game or a movie doesn't matter. The same judder effect remains, which is why I recommended that he give that article a read; why I said that "anything past 25 fps or so is just for e-peen" is incorrect. Now I can't quite tell whether you're agreeing with that or disagreeing - your post seems split 50-50 between saying I'm wrong, and saying I'm right.

Deleted
    I've updated the drivers and profiles to the most recent, and I'm still only getting about 15fps (most settings on high).
    If I auto detect, it might jump to about 17fps, and reducing everything to low makes it hit a mighty 19fps (in Lion's Arch).

1920 resolution
    i5 750 (stock)
    HD5850
    8gb RAM
    Win7

Is it just the graphics card that's holding me back? The CPU never goes above 80%, so I can't see that being the glass ceiling (unless I'm misunderstanding).