Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    How the fuck do you sell out of digital copy editions? Immediately changed my mind after I just went to go buy the game.

i think they stopped digital sales due to a higher number of players than they anticipated, servers are overloaded constantly at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    How the fuck do you sell out of digital copy editions? Immediately changed my mind after I just went to go buy the game.
    From their facebook page: "Ensuring the best possible play experience for our fans is our highest priority. We’ve said before that we would be willing to temporarily disable first-party digital sales if we felt our high player concurrency may compromise player experiences. We have now reached that point.

Effective immediately we have disabled sales via buy.guildwars2.com. To be clear, box and digital sales are still available via our retail partners. We are tracking our concurrency closely while expanding our infrastructure. We’ll re-enable first-party digital sales as soon as we feel that we can do so safely. ~RB2"

Deleted
    Extremely satisfied so far last night i did a whole chunk of the sylvari story and it made me laugh quite a lot.

Rescuee: Do you have a plan to get me out of here now that you have freed me?
    Me (drunk from drinking contest): 'Well, the idea starts with 'run away' and sort of goes downhill from there.'

Glad to say they really have a good sense of humour and a good sense of how to structure a good story.
    The kids playing destiny's edge at their first reunion is really great for giving you an idea of what happened to them before they split apart.

At risk of sounding like a puffed up fanball, I believe this is the game of the century!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just tried out Quickening Zephyr on my ranger, with a shortbow.

So many arrows. I think I just found my new favorite skill.

So I hit 80, cleared out to Citadel of Flame as well as finishing Frostgorge Sound, and then set my sights on Orr.

Plowed through Sparkfly Fen, and then hit Straights of Devastation... jesus, there's an entire other zone before even hitting zone. And Straights is just brutal. I feel abruptly liberated because the hearts have all vanished, replaced by literally twice as many events and a hundred more things to explore. The sheer scope of the place...

Sorry if I'm gushing, but when a single zone literally includes everything from massive, maze-like structures and sunken ships at the bottom of an ocean, to vast catacombs and assaults on huge cities, to airships blasting dragons in the sky, I'm a little awestruck. Also, Priest of Balthazar is kind of a bitch. Everything here is terrifically dangerous to explore alone, two people is only marginally safer. Large groups are almost a must to ensure safety unless you want to move very slowly and dodge the many, MANY powerful monsters littered all over the zones. Events are nearly impossible to solo. I love it. It's especially brutal now with how few people are in the upper zones, but I find myself hardly caring.

I'm really beginning to understand the true scope of GW2's PvE endgame. Those who say it isn't there... well, one could not be more wrong. Poor ANet was just never able to put it into proper words. I'll be working at this for years to come.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-04 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trading Post - So many dumb people putting items up for 1c over Vendor price........... They do realise that they are making a loss due to the Listing Fee and Tax. *facepalm*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    Trading Post - So many dumb people putting items up for 1c over Vendor price........... They do realise that they are making a loss due to the Listing Fee and Tax. *facepalm*
    Do not expect people to be smart :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Entirely incorrect.

After the new build a few days ago, I was one of the first to get online, and my server, Desolation, was listed as "low population". Normally it's full 95% of the time. Conclusion, unless they unbound the home world for just about everyone save me, population is based on current population, not potential population.
    If that's the case then that's changed since beta, I definitely remember them saying that the population displayed is tied to number of accounts. Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    If that's the case then that's changed since beta, I definitely remember them saying that the population displayed is tied to number of accounts. Ah well
    has never changed. Back in the beta, I logged in at multiple different times, and there were times of the day where EU was low, and US was high. But then at different times of the day it was opposite.

It works this way in other games, as well, it's based on current population.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post

yup, really annoying. was so happy to see if it finally working, only to find i would be making a loss if i actually listed anything on it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm really beginning to understand the true scope of GW2's PvE endgame. Those who say it isn't there... well, one could not be more wrong. Poor ANet was just never able to put it into proper words. I'll be working at this for years to come.
    But remember, it's not endgame if EVERYBODY can do it! /trollface

Most endgame raiders seem to live by the words of Attila the Hun: "It is not enough that I succeed, everyone else must fail."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

So I hit 80, cleared out to Citadel of Flame as well as finishing Frostgorge Sound, and then set my sights on Orr.

Plowed through Sparkfly Fen, and then hit Straights of Devastation... jesus, there's an entire other zone before even hitting zone. And Straights is just brutal. I feel abruptly liberated because the hearts have all vanished, replaced by literally twice as many events and a hundred more things to explore. The sheer scope of the place...

Sorry if I'm gushing, but when a single zone literally includes everything from massive, maze-like structures and sunken ships at the bottom of an ocean, to vast catacombs and assaults on huge cities, to airships blasting dragons in the sky, I'm a little awestruck. Also, Priest of Balthazar is kind of a bitch. Everything here is terrifically dangerous to explore alone, two people is only marginally safer. Large groups are almost a must to ensure safety unless you want to move very slowly and dodge the many, MANY powerful monsters littered all over the zones. Events are nearly impossible to solo. I love it. It's especially brutal now with how few people are in the upper zones, but I find myself hardly caring.

Wow, i knew what there was @ that zone, but you make it sound so awsome that i can hardly wait for 80 now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Do not expect people to be smart :P
    Words to live by

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Words to live by
    Everybody needs to be an asocial misanthrope like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Wow, i knew what there was @ that zone, but you make it sound so awsome that i can hardly wait for 80 now.
    The boggling part being that it's a 70-75 zone (though I'm 80, just been clearing zones very enthusiastically), and there's a 75-80 zone and a purely 80 zone to go, still.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boggling part being that it's a 70-75 zone (though I'm 80, just been clearing zones very enthusiastically), and there's a 75-80 zone and a purely 80 zone to go, still.
    I should make my girl pick up the pace.

So can anyone tell me how can I get this set > http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/gw002dm.jpg/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    So can anyone tell me how can I get this set > http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/gw002dm.jpg/
    My guess is that you must pvp a lot.

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 10:18 AM ----------

Honestly, I'm kind of pissed that they haven't freed up all the reserved names yet. I know for a fact that the name I want is not taken, but is still reserved, via a couple of small factoids I've found through testing.

Firstly: I can't add the name to my friends list.
    Secondly: Trying to create the name of one of my girlfriend's characters, who was also reserved by GW1, but has already been made into a character, causes me to get the prompt "That name is already in use" instead of "That name was reserved by a GW1 account"

Wait, so this awsome zone you were talking about was the 70-75 orr zone and you have yet to explore the 75-80 and the 80 orr zone?

Every time i go underwater to do any heart, i realize: "I FUCKIN HATE THIS"