10+ Year Old Account

Over a week and still can't decide... [Class]

I've been playing since the head-start weekend and participated in several of the Beta-Weekend Events. And here I am over a week after launch and I still have no idea what I want to play.

Thus far I have tried: Thief, Engineer, Mesmer, and Warrior. I've put the most time into the Mesmer. There are things I like about all of them, and things I do not. My goal is to play one class extensively, so I don't want to get to 75 and realize that I should have spent my time playing a Necromancer. So I'm slowly trying all the classes to see what might best fit.

Anyone else having trouble picking a class to play? Or was it love at first site with a particular class?

They're all amazing, it sucks!

Deleted
    Same as you, OP. I've tried them all apart from engineer and none of them have clicked with me yet. I'm beginning to wonder if the game just isn't for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I've been playing since the head-start weekend and participated in several of the Beta-Weekend Events. And here I am over a week after launch and I still have no idea what I want to play.

Thus far I have tried: Thief, Engineer, Mesmer, and Warrior. I've put the most time into the Mesmer. There are things I like about all of them, and things I do not. My goal is to play one class extensively, so I don't want to get to 75 and realize that I should have spent my time playing a Necromancer. So I'm slowly trying all the classes to see what might best fit.

Anyone else having trouble picking a class to play? Or was it love at first site with a particular class?
    I did have some trouble, Im currently focusing on a Necromancer, with staff and dagger/focus, and its so far the most fun I've had.

But as it stands, Im going for a guardian or warrior, necromancer, and then the last toss up is between thief and engineer, I spend alot of time in the pvp area trying out mechanics and builds before I start leveling anything now tho.

My love at first sight was the Mesmer but on bwe3 with the reset I decided to try something different and I fell in love with the warrior. Mostly because of the play style in pvp, I love leaping onto an enemy and locking them down. But I may just be really flexible but I've found as I play a class more I love it more so I think I'll end up loving every single one eventually.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I first rolled a warrior, then a necro, then a ranger... then a guardian... I think I'm going to go with guardian as my "main." I still have the necro, but also now a new warrior and a thief.

Damn you Anet for making every class so much fun!!!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

There isn't a right answer, it's all personal preference.

You could always mess around a little on each in sPvP so you can see what they're like at 80 with everything unlocked and decide from there.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I did have some trouble, Im currently focusing on a Necromancer, with staff and dagger/focus, and its so far the most fun I've had.

But as it stands, Im going for a guardian or warrior, necromancer, and then the last toss up is between thief and engineer, I spend alot of time in the pvp area trying out mechanics and builds before I start leveling anything now tho.
    I had a similiar experience.. necro just seemed the most fun to me for PvE, and is the class I've levelled the most so far (31), with guardian a distant second. I still can't decide for PvP, and simply need to spend more time in that department with all the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I think I am most tempted by 2 of the classes that did not interest me at all, the Necromancer and the Ranger.

Deleted
    GW2 classes have all their own type of gameplay. Personnally, I prefer the Thief, but i like to play Warrior too ^^. The better solution to make a choice is to try all .

Deleted
    I fell in love with elemental straight away and have barely touched anything else.... but I mean, does it really matter if you get to 80 and realise it's not the class you want to be your main? Levelling another class will be fun too so it's not like you've "wasted" time, as long as you had fun whilst doing it.

I started with a thief, switched to ranger and am enjoying it for the most part, but then I tried a guardian and I think I'm in love. I got my ranger up to level 39, but the guardian is so much fun to play even without any utility skills. So, do I scrap the ranger even with over 30 hours played or just keep pushing? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with at least 3 level 80s at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I fell in love with elemental straight away and have barely touched anything else.... but I mean, does it really matter if you get to 80 and realise it's not the class you want to be your main? Levelling another class will be fun too so it's not like you've "wasted" time, as long as you had fun whilst doing it.
    Well I wouldn't call it a waste, but if I enjoy playing X class over Y class and find that out late in the game then I am missing out on a fun factor of (X-Y) * Character Level. =)

I wish I had found a class that I truly love playing. In WoW it was the Warrior / DK, and in SWTOR it was the Shadow/Assassin. I'll probably give Ranger a try tonight, and maybe Guardian after that. I thought Mesmer would be the class I would love, but it only took me 15 levels to get annoyed with the Phantasm / Clone management.