Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

GW2 selling out everywhere, any help for friends who want it?

I have friends trying to buy it but it's sold out in Amazon and in all the shops he's been in, and it's sold out on download from AN.

Anyone know where to get a copy or when they'll send out more stock / re-open the downloading?

edit: for UK
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2012-09-04 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamestop? Wal-Mart? Target?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I've also tried to get a copy in the past few days, it's sold out everywhere I went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Gamestop? Wal-Mart? Target?
    Best Buy too probably.

If that doesn't work then just wait a week or so for them to reopen the digital option.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I used to go to game stores and walmart's in less affluent areas of the city to find stuff that was "in demand."

Poor people can't afford it.

How on earth are digital downloads sold out? What a joke.

I've gone to all those places and they have a ton of copies where I live. And I mean a ton. They must not stock very many where some of you live I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I used to go to game stores and walmart's in less affluent areas of the city to find stuff that was "in demand."

Poor people can't afford it.
    Here I find games at the Walmart in the more upscale area compared to the lower income area.

It seems every game goes OOS at release recently, had a hard time finding SWTOR and D3 at release too.

The don't have enough servers, so they are limiting digital downloads. I expect when they have added more servers they will re-enable digital sales.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    ANet disabled digital downloads to preserve server performance for existing players. Good or bad, your view may differ. I see it as a company making a decision to care for their current customers at their own expense...which is somewhat of a unique experience given the state of other developers and publishers lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't want GW2 that badly but a lot of my friends play it so I thought I'd give it a shot. This was 3 days ago. Digital copies have been cut, I have 4 major stores in my town that sell games (x2 EB Games, Best Buy, Future Shop), none of them have a copy, all sold out. I just straight up gave up, no GW2 for me, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Here I find games at the Walmart in the more upscale area compared to the lower income area.

It seems every game goes OOS at release recently, had a hard time finding SWTOR and D3 at release too.
    Also possible lol. They're too busy with their yacht clubs and wine mixers to play silly video games.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Digital downloads were working from GameStop just a couple of days ago, haven't checked today. It might be a good place to start. When I got my wife's copy, it was actually $5 off too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked bestbuy.com and bestbuy.ca plenty of copies available both online and in store.

Where are you located? Could have someone buy and mail it to you and have it within 2 days

Deleted
    I tried every resellers nearby, they are all out of stock and have no idea when they'll get new games.

10+ Year Old Account
    We bought the last copy at a walmart and a target this weekend, you may end up finding one on a direct2drive type of website.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    you can buy from cdkey sites, my friend bought one earlier today. don't want to link them because it might be against the rules. just use google though, and make sure you pay through paypal for 100% security.

edit: here's an official reseller I believe. only $10 more for digital at $69.99. not a bad price considering! http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Guild-Wars-2-Deluxe/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    they shut it down because they couldn't handle the server load.

Meanwhile, the Trading Post still fails to function. And some Diablo kid gets banned for making use of the only way to make decent money in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    they shut it down because they couldn't handle the server load.

Meanwhile, the Trading Post still fails to function. And some Diablo kid gets banned for making use of the only way to make decent money in the game.
    Meanwhile I've never had to face an "extended maintenance" or 4 hour queues just to login and play.

Which is worse?