WTF is up with the prices on Trading Post?

People are selling everything like 1 copper above vendor price. How is anyone supposed to make gold when the best buyer is an NPC vendor. I actually lose money by porting to a Trading post to pickup stuff I have sold. Just better to sell everything to vendors that are at every quest hub. Please tell me at least level 80 crafted stuff and top end mats will sell for a lot?
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-09-04 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    People are selling everything like 1 copper above vendor price. How is anyone supposed to make gold when the best buyer is an NPC vendor. I actually lose money by porting to a Trading post to pickup stuff I have sold. Just better to sell everything to vendors that are at every quest hub. Please tell me at least level 80 crafted stuff and top end mats will sell for a lot?
    I just saw a pic of copper ore at 18c. That's a lot more than 1c above vendor. Meh... The market is going to be pretty crazy up and down until it settles. Try putting your money into gems.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Level 80 crafted greens that I've made are not really selling for much more than the mat cost right now (Tailoring/JC)... wait a few weeks for it to settle down, your items will still be there to sell and people won't be desperately trying to empty their banks. I don't know why people are selling at vendor cost, they were when the trading post was up a few times on previous days also, it's one of the first things I noticed, that people are losing money after the listing cost. It only takes one person to do it and then everyone else just clicks match same price. It remains a mystery to me... just don't sell your greens cheap, keep them until the cheap ones are gone (or if you really want, buy the other cheap ones and list both at a higher price, depending on how many are up).

Mats are selling super fast right now though but prices seem to be fluctuating a lot.

Deleted
    Sounds like a combination of 1) there isn't much gold in the economy right now (waypoints and repairs cost quite a lot) 2) people just throw gear on the AH that they would usually vendor because they can do it from anywhere in the world to empty their bagspace. It will take time for the economy to stabilise. But of course the pro traders have already worked out what stuff is going to get expensive and started stockpiling for making hundreds of gold a few months down the line.

Bread and butter crafted gear that thousands of people can make is unlikely to ever sell for much. Mats used in legendaries etc should sell well..
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2012-09-04 at 09:44 PM.

On the flip side, crafting is incredible easy now.

I just want it out of my bags so if I am a long way from a vendor I will pop it up. I am not going to penny pinch in a video game so I either have enough funds to play the game or I don't. I personally don't care about my in-game wealth so I make no steps toward saving money. I don't specifically want to ruin the game for others but teleporting is so expensive it is cheaper to field dump it to the TP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Trading post has been down for over a week. People have ofc stacked up on lots of items and mats during that period of time and now everyone (as well as yourself?) want to sell their stuff and get some cash. With market flooded with tons of same items the prices will be low. My suggestion is either go the opposite way, make use of it and buy stuff now to cheaply level professions or for reselling later or just settle with low prices from the rush or wait and sell later

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been buying cheap crafting mats and vendoring the blues and greens. Heart vendors are close, and you can sell to them.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I've been buying cheap crafting mats and vendoring the blues and greens. Heart vendors are close, and you can sell to them.
    This. There's always a heart vendor nearby, and all my crafting mats go straight into collectibles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Vendoring is a last resort for me. I try selling in map chat first. I've been able to sell some Level 30-50 greens for anywhere from 3-7s.

Deleted
    im not selling anything on it just yet, i looked up some mats and some green gear on my server, and it was all going for 1c above vendor price, so with the 3c listing fee, i would lose money...

With prices like this how am I supposed to make hundreds of thousands of gold like I did in WoW. Well maybe I dont need that much around 1000 gold and I would feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Level 80 crafted greens that I've made are not really selling for much more than the mat cost right now (Tailoring/JC)... wait a few weeks for it to settle down, your items will still be there to sell and people won't be desperately trying to empty their banks. I don't know why people are selling at vendor cost, they were when the trading post was up a few times on previous days also, it's one of the first things I noticed, that people are losing money after the listing cost. It only takes one person to do it and then everyone else just clicks match same price. It remains a mystery to me... just don't sell your greens cheap, keep them until the cheap ones are gone (or if you really want, buy the other cheap ones and list both at a higher price, depending on how many are up).

Mats are selling super fast right now though but prices seem to be fluctuating a lot.
    My (incredibly wild) guess - economy players are putting a stack on for cheap and watching people desperate to empty their banks blindly copy them; then buying all the goods to stock-pile and sell on at an obscene profit once the market has sorted itself out.

The OP could have easily been another post in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-make-gold-now

-- Fencers