Level Two Different Races Together?

How easy/hard is it to level two different races together? Specifically, I have a charr Engineer, and my wife has an asura Mesmer.

We are both level 3, but in different starting zones. As I understand it, we can theoretically meet up now by going through Lion's Gate teleporters, but will that screw up any class/race story lines? What about as we go through the various zones, are the class/race stories close enough to complete both, or will it be a pain?

Thanks for any insight...

Your class/racial stories are going to be a bit divergent I believe at least until you're done the first and possibly second arc so level 20ish. I've been doing them solo so I'm not sure if you can do the story quests with another person or not.

Deleted
    100% super easy.

Hit h, bottom tab "pvp", click "go to mists", run forward into the asura gate, you're in lion's arch. Run north over the bridge and you get all 5 city gates.

You need to have done the starting racial tutorial area, which if you're level 3 you will have done. Your personal storylines you can do together in a group as well, it's just you'll have to help her then she'll have to help you (or vice versa). Race storylines you'll be fine, you can always go back and complete the other starting areas later on anyway. Very few people I know stuck to the linear racial progression... people tend to jump around and do the areas they like the look of or feel like doing.

You'll have a ton more fun levelling together and that's the important part

Well there you have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Your class/racial stories are going to be a bit divergent I believe at least until you're done the first and possibly second arc so level 20ish. I've been doing them solo so I'm not sure if you can do the story quests with another person or not.

you can join the other persons story and help them, thouhg you still have to do your own of course.

But as for travel, when you spawn turn round after the short tutorial (if it takes 5mins you are going slow!) enter you city, port to lions arch, port to whatever race's city you want (they are free) and have fun.