Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Being pro-GW2 isnt being anti-WoW

I dont see WoW and GW2 as being mutually exclusive. I think it is possible to enjoy both games. MoP and GW2 are also very different games. GW2 PvE is very good and a lot of fun but it is obvious that everything in GW2 leads to PvP and WvWvW. Being pro-GW2 doesnt mean being anti-WoW or implying that I must ragequit WoW in order to be a true GW2 fan. Enjoy both games for what they are. IMHO MoP is a very good pve game with lots of great content to experience and explore. GW2 is also a great PvE game but the PvE is just a warmup for the real thing that is PvP and WvWvW.

Why cant GW2 and WoW fans just get along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people always tend to think that their own swamp is always warmest, and when someone says otherwise - the fun begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to bite the intent of this thread in the butt, but this thread really won't go anywhere enjoyable. :S

I feel the same as you, but alas, we cannot change the minds of the masses so easily.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not to bite the intent of this thread in the butt, but this thread really won't go anywhere enjoyable. :S

I feel the same as you, but alas, we cannot change the minds of the masses so easily.
    I lead a multi-game gulid. We try to find the best game for our guild. Fantasy MMO PvP, that would be GW2 at this time. We are in the process of forming a new wow guild for MoP as well. We have guilds in SWTOR, GW2 and soon WoW. We will also be forming a PlanetSide 2 outfit. We gave up on RIFT due to free, unilimited xfers. Your entire guild can literally xfer out from under you in a matter of minutes.

I dont see GW2 killing WoW but I think that GW2 is going to inflict some serious damage on SWTOR.
    Last edited by blackweb; 2012-09-05 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Blasphemy! Heresy! Witchcraft!
    We found a witch, may we burn her?

Because WoW fans are made of wood?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Blasphemy! Heresy! Witchcraft!
    We found a witch, may we burn her?

Because WoW fans are made of wood?
    Burn the undead. I would like to torch the undercity. Torching the undead in GW2 would mean setting the Sylvari and Charr ablaze. On another note, I have never understood the concept of fighting ghosts by physical means.

Because in any online argument, there can only be one of anything, and all other options are bad. What else would we do with our time if not for pointless bickering?

Also, my dad can .. like.. totally beat up your dad.

Deleted
    I dont see WoW and GW2 as being mutually exclusive. I think it is possible to enjoy both games. MoP and GW2 are also very different games. GW2 PvE is very good and a lot of fun but it is obvious that everything in GW2 leads to PvP and WvWvW. Being pro-GW2 doesnt mean being anti-WoW or implying that I must ragequit WoW in order to be a true GW2 fan. Enjoy both games for what they are. IMHO MoP is a very good pve game with lots of great content to experience and explore. GW2 is also a great PvE game but the PvE is just a warmup for the real thing that is PvP and WvWvW.

It bugs me. Any time I have something vaguely negative to say when playing GW2, people think I'm so WoW fanboy. I don't even mention WoW. It's a major pain in the old butt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burn the undead. I would like to torch the undercity. Torching the undead in GW2 would mean setting the Sylvari and Charr ablaze. On another note, I have never understood the concept of fighting ghosts by physical means.
    I'm still looking for the heart or potion that turns me into a newt.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Because in any online argument, there can only be one of anything, and all other options are bad. What else would we do with our time if not for pointless bickering?

Also, my dad can .. like.. totally beat up your dad.
    My pandaren dad can sit on your dad and my charr mom can rip your moms lungs out. Top that! :P

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'll echo Drake's sentiment. Thank-you for at least being able to see this point of view, but there are some people who just will not change. I could make a political joke in very poor taste right about now... but I think I'll refrain.

Slight OT though: I am currently playing: WoW, GW2, Diablo 3, Skyrim, and Chuzzle. Yes, I said it. I am playing CHUZZLE. I enjoy that game so much. So that's 5 games I'm playing. I guess you could say only 4 "count," but how I spend my free time is up to me. Can I be swayed to try another game? Oh yeah. Will I sacrifice a game I'm playing now? You bet. Will it hurt me to not play another game? No, because all's I have to do to play it is boot it up and start playing it again.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I'll echo Drake's sentiment. Thank-you for at least being able to see this point of view, but there are some people who just will not change. I could make a political joke in very poor taste right about now... but I think I'll refrain.

Slight OT though: I am currently playing: WoW, GW2, Diablo 3, Skyrim, and Chuzzle. Yes, I said it. I am playing CHUZZLE. I enjoy that game so much. So that's 5 games I'm playing. I guess you could say only 4 "count," but how I spend my free time is up to me. Can I be swayed to try another game? Oh yeah. Will I sacrifice a game I'm playing now? You bet. Will it hurt me to not play another game? No, because all's I have to do to play it is boot it up and start playing it again.
    My greatest dissapointment with wow was just before release when I read that WoW would have 2 playable factions rather than 3. I so wanted to play a scourge death knight in the service of the lich king. Basically I like 3 faction, persistent world pvp. Only 2 games offer that right now (sorry rifts bolt-on doesnt count), PlanetSide 2 which is still in closed beta and GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see GW2 killing WoW but I think that GW2 is going to inflict some serious damage on SWTOR.
    It's because of lines like this, actually, that different game fanatics can't get along.

I don't see GW2 killing WoW either, but the reason for that is that it was never the game's goal to do so.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It is easier for people to leave something, if they hate on it.

It happens in relationships, or if they get fired from a job. Trying to convince others to also hate on the game makes them feel more validated.

I met two GW fans the other and I'm a WoW-player

Luckily both of them thought "GW" was short for "GreatWeapon" so it ended well.... there was beer

See? We can get along

Sadly, a lot of gamers have a zero-sum mentality. It's all or nothing with their games of choice, there isn't such a thing as sharing or balance or different opinions : /

10+ Year Old Account
    My pandaren dad can sit on your dad and my charr mom can rip your moms lungs out. Top that! :P
    Well our Asurans will steal your soul!

Deleted
    I don't understand the fanboy attitude in some cases, why can't games exist together instead of a need to be in war with each others?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've heard a random sylvari citizen explaining to a newly-awakened sapling: diversity only makes us stronger. Imagine a forest with only one kind of animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine a forest with only one kind of animal.
    As long as its pig, a.k.a. bacon in waiting, I would be fine with that.