10+ Year Old Account
    Started yesterday played for a couple of hours, level 5 Asura Elementalist, i'm really onto the exploring stuff, like it very much so i'll go really slow with leveling.
    Some questions
    1) Are the aggressive mobs that will attack you if you get in their aggro zone recognized by color, for example gree/red?
    2) Some items i got are labeled as trophies, what are they?
    3) Any tips about professions? Should i bother from now or later?
    4) Do i have to save money for early stages or is it ok to buy every purple (or blue i'm colorblind) that heart vendors sell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Started yesterday played for a couple of hours, level 5 Asura Elementalist, i'm really onto the exploring stuff, like it very much so i'll go really slow with leveling.
    Some questions
    1) Are the aggressive mobs that will attack you if you get in their aggro zone recognized by color, for example gree/red?
    4) Do i have to save money for early stages or is it ok to buy every purple (or blue i'm colorblind) that heart vendors sell?
    1) colorblind too (hey bro), so i can't really say. If it attacks me, i fight back. Simple but effective.
    2) Corrected. What Jigain says next post. Plus they also can be salvageable items if they have the "salvage item" tag. Use a salvage kit on them to get raw materials for crafting.
    3) Pick two asap. Crafting gives you XP and some nice gear.
    4) I'm not sure if i'm doing right, but since i found plenty of dropped gear, i'm saving al my karma for later. But my highest char is just 20 (i'm rotating 5 toons), so someone else could give you better insights.

Also: Anet is implementing its forums day by day. Today i saw a Players Helping Players section.
    Nice.
    Last edited by mmoc6322d2f7bc; 2012-09-06 at 08:01 AM. Reason: grammar, my nemesis.

Deleted
    Some questions
    1) Red mobs are agressive, and will attack you if you get too close. Yellow mobs are neutral, and will attack you if you attack them. Green mobs are friendly, and you will be unable to attack them and vice versa.
    2) Trophies are items that are collected for heart quests and dynamic events - they're items that you're meant to hand in to advance your progress. If you finish a heart / DE without handing them in, they sadly remain in your inventory. Either hand them in even after completion, or destroy them.
    3) Take the time to try all professions, and all weapons for each profession. You never know which one you'll like most until you've tried all. Turned out I'm an engineer at heart, but I'm enjoying my warrior and necromancer equally much.
    4) I'd advice that you only buy blue (yes, they're blue) gear if it's SIGNIFICANTLY better than what you already have, or if you don't have anything in that slot yet (like accessories and rings). I typically only buy salvage kits (at sub-15 levels) and gathering tools with my karma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thank you both for the helpful answers.
    Jigain by professions i meant crafting ones, my tongue slipped because of WoW.

And some more if you don't mind
    1) Where i can buy gathering tools and salvage kits in Asura's starting zone?
    2) Why elementalists can't weapon swap? Or they can?
    3) Do you have any tips for early inventory management beside the deposit collectibles?
    I'm finding it frustratingly small and i have to destroy things after 2-3 DEs or Hearts.
    Is there a bag vendor or something?

10+ Year Old Account

3) Do you have any tips for early inventory management beside the deposit collectibles?
    I'm finding it frustratingly small and i have to destroy things after 2-3 DEs or Hearts.
    1)Nearly every vendor should have the 3 tools available, look for the "gold coins"-icon on the map.
    2)Instead of weapon swapping, elementalists have 4 attunements.
    3)A lot of vendors sell bags, armorsmiths can make them, not sure about other crafters. Also, buy a salvage kit and salvage as much as possible. It gives you crafting mats.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted

Ah, all right.

1) Most merchants around the entrance to your capital will sell you salvage kits and gathering tools for coin - in Metrica Province that'd be a peacekeeper near the first flight of stairs coming from the asura gate to Rata Sum. If you want to buy it for karma, Researcher Takka (Assist PR&T Esoterics With Ooze Research) sells Iron Harvesting Sickle (requires level 10) for 49 karma. Shoon (Help Shoon's Salvage Krewe Deal With Inquest) sells Iron Mining Pick (requires level 10) for 49 karma. Tarff's Assistant (Help the Lionguard Keep the Cuatl Hylek in Check) sells Iron Logging Axe. And, you guessed it, it requires level 10 and costs 49 karma. There doesn't seem to be a karma vendor in Metrica Province who sells Crude Salvage Kits, sadly.
    2) Elementalists can't weapon swap because of attunements (you should've unlocked one or two by now). Essentially they already have 20 skills per weapon combination, which is more than the standard profession's 10 including weapon swapping. Engineers have the same thing with weapon kits.
    3) Deposit Collectibles whenever your bag starts getting full, of course. Sell Junk is available at any vendor, including karma vendors for hearts you've filled. You can buy 4-slot bags at most starting merchants (coins), but it's far better to pick up Armorsmithing, Leatherworking or Tailoring with a character - all three of these can make 8-slot bags right from skill level 1. You can also purchase additional bag slots for gems if you'd like. *le edit* Also like jvbastel said, buy a salvage kit (I always run around with 2-3 in my bag just in case) and salvage any item you're not going to use, as well as gear you've just replaced. Then deposit those collectibles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thanks again both of you, thumbs up for the detailed answers Jigain.

Salvage kits has limited uses?

Deleted
    Great thanks again both of you, thumbs up for the detailed answers Jigain.

Salvage kits has limited uses?
    Yep. 15 uses for Crude Salvage Kits, 25 uses for Basic Salvage Kits and higher (needs confirmation).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yep. 15 uses for Crude Salvage Kits, 25 uses for Basic Salvage Kits and higher (needs confirmation).
    I also got a Black Lion Trading Company Salvage Kit in a Black Lion Chest that gives a bigger chance of finding rare raw materials. I still have to try it tbh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    I also got a Black Lion Trading Company Salvage Kit in a Black Lion Chest that gives a bigger chance of finding rare raw materials. I still have to try it tbh...
    Yeah, I got one as well - don't really want to use it until I get to the really good stuff at around 80. :P

Deleted
    Yeah, I got one as well - don't really want to use it until I get to the really good stuff at around 80. :P
    Yeah, the little ant in me says the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just woke up this morning, check my email.
    Arenanet (30) authorize login attempts, all from locations in China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    So, just woke up this morning, check my email.
    Arenanet (30) authorize login attempts, all from locations in China.
    Oh, that's just China saying good morning. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's just China saying good morning. :P
    They've all been in the past 40-20 minutes too, good morning to you too China!

Hey what's up guys, I finally found a copy of the game and I am now installing it. I didn't play in the beta and I'd like to know your opinion on which class I should start playing with?

Deleted
    Just try each one and see which you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a monkey as an avatar. I say Ranger.

But really, give us some ideas of what you play in other games, kinda hard to help suggest when we don't know what you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PiOchagnon View Post
    Hey what's up guys, I finally found a copy of the game and I am now installing it. I didn't play in the beta and I'd like to know your opinion on which class I should start playing with?
    Best advice is to try everything and see what you like most. I thought elementalist would suit me best, but turned out I'm enjoying warrior, engineer, and necromancer far more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Had this happen in so many dungeons. What seems to work though is wait for the dungeon to reset, send ONE party member in and wait for him/her to finish loading, then the rest of the group join through the popup you get when someone enters a dungeon.
    We had issues entering the dungeon yes, but this is a different issue, the last boss did not spawn.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Yeah, try out some of them and see what you like the most.
    For me is everything but the mesmer.
    Guardian is rather solid and a nice mix of pure melee and defensive tactics.
    Elementalist is a bit squishy until you learn the ropes.

And dodge. Always dodge away........