Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also really want this working again, please can some wizard fix it.

I too desperately miss this addon and would love a fix for it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'd be willing to donate $$ to someone who is able to fix and update the lua's for MoP cooldowns

Quote Originally Posted by Remota View Post
    :x so you have to reload ui when in group and it'll start sending and receiving.. i still don't know why.. looks like hermes doesn't notice when i'm joining or leaving a group.. any suggestions? maybe one of you got this working ?
    I've taken a deeper look into the code. LibTalentQuery needs to be updated to fix that issue. That library has been abandoned for a while. Just replace the group functions and it should work. As for the MoP cds. SpellMonitorDefaults.lua Needs to be overhauled.

http://cl.ly/image/3r3a3d0o291q

This is what Blood Legion's Raid Cooldowns looks like by default.

If someone else is willing to put in the time with me, I wouldn't mind contributing some time into a fan update version.
    Last edited by Divineblitz; 2012-09-07 at 03:08 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for your replay! i already updated LibTalentQuery with the latest version last week.. and also replaced group functions.. as i mentioned, it works very well besides i have to reload ui or manually turning sending and receiving off and on again after joining a group to make it work.. i don't know where the mistake is.. i'd also try to help you as far as i'm able to ;D

can you upload that please?

Please upload somewhere, or pm me

function core:UpdateCommunicationsStatus() - Hermes.lua
    function core:UpdatePlayerGroupStatus() - Hermes.lua

Fixing those local functions should solve the initiating of the i/o comm.

if(GetNumGroupMembers() > 0 and IsInRaid()) then
    Player.raid = true
    else
    Player.raid = false
    end

if(GetNumGroupMembers() > 0 and not IsInRaid()) then
    Player.party = true
    else
    Player.party = false
    end
    Just what I've changed so far. I've been trying to slim down the addon by removing some of the bloat. IMO I don't believe battleground detection is necessary. A raid is a raid. What is the difference? I've also added made the required changes to support cross realm by utilizing LibGroupInSpecT.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/libgroupinspect/
    Threw out LibGroupQuery.
    Monk/New Cooldown support has been added. Removed the cd array in Hermes.lua and got rid of the spellmonititor.lua file. > Created a new global list for use. "Stolen" the list code from blraidcooldowns. (I was too darn lazy to rewrite the list!) [sorry vqmethyl,inkahootz!]

Nothing should be released, even unofficially until we get inthedrop's blessing to continue the addon.

Originally Posted by inthedrops
    Hermes has been very successful. It's essentially become the standard for managing raid cooldowns. However, life has come up and I must quit the game, which means I cannot support the addon anymore on an active basis (I won't have an active account).

I am seeking an author to take over Hermes support. I will provide as much support as needed from a consulting or "how does this work?" perspective, but no actual coding.

Please post here or send me a PM if you're serious about taking over Hermes. It's a considerably sized addon with many thousands of lines of code. However, it's pretty stable right now.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hermes/

I would think letting him know that a "fan update" in being released would be enough. It is obvious that he wanted the addon to live on so he has already given his blessing. It would be nice to get one person to be "in charge" of fan update and to send him a pm letting him know that. Not sure we could wait for him to respond since he hasn't logged on since: Last login Mar 01, 2012

Divinsdafsdafa
    Last edited by spoodz; 2013-08-26 at 12:38 AM. Reason: sdfsaf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineblitz View Post
    function core:UpdateCommunicationsStatus() - Hermes.lua
    function core:UpdatePlayerGroupStatus() - Hermes.lua

Fixing those local functions should solve the initiating of the i/o comm.

Just what I've changed so far. I've been trying to slim down the addon by removing some of the bloat. IMO I don't believe battleground detection is necessary. A raid is a raid. What is the difference? I've also added made the required changes to support cross realm by utilizing LibGroupInSpecT.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/libgroupinspect/
    Threw out LibGroupQuery.
    Monk/New Cooldown support has been added. Removed the cd array in Hermes.lua and got rid of the spellmonititor.lua file. > Created a new global list for use. "Stolen" the list code from blraidcooldowns. (I was too darn lazy to rewrite the list!) [sorry vqmethyl,inkahootz!]

Nothing should be released, even unofficially until we get inthedrop's blessing to continue the addon.
    I had rewritten it to include monk CD's which seemed to be functioning quite well but wasn't able to sort the communication properly, would you be able to PM me the .lua files, ill try get in contact with inthedrop to talk about continuing the addon

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:47 PM ----------

I don't think battleground detection should be needed and if its a premade group it should function from the raid group you are sitting in outside the battleground, enabling sharing on a trigger in a battleground probably would cause alot of lag and frankly be not terribly responsive due to throttling in something like AV

Deleted
    If you're okay using ElvUI this one works http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=73 (the MoP version does)

@lolalola Thats just Blood Legion Raid Cooldowns. The latest version is found here https://github.com/vqmethyl/BLRaidCooldowns and is standalone. Don't need elvui.

----

Thinking about the logic, battleground detection is needed. The reason why is scope. The inspect library cannot inspect at a certain distance and when people leave/join battlegrounds. The addon cannot detect those changes to roster and update. inthedrops probably figured that and built in a throttle somewhere. But I have not encountered that yet. (I think I just re-wrote what you just said there but I'm lacking sleep)

I'm still familiarizing myself with the code. I'll follow up with you tomorrow eddytheone over pm.

If you can take care of the rest of the cooldowns to be added like stormlash, healing tide, iron bark, void shift. Then we'll stick with the hermes code.
    Last edited by Divineblitz; 2012-09-07 at 07:16 PM.

Hi folks, the OP of this thread sent a PM to me over at Curseforge where Hermes lives. It's flattering every time I see discussion about Hermes. As far as I'm concerned, the community owns Hermes. So whoever wants to take lead of the project is more than welcome to. My offer of providing advice/info still stands. But keep in mind I haven't played the game or looked at the addon since the day I quit.

At it's core, Hermes really isn't that complicated. It's the UI stuff that's complex and hard to follow.

In regard to the Battleground comments; Hermes never worked in Battlegrounds. I found it exceedingly difficult to test cross server communications. As a result, I added code that disables communication and hides any UI element when you enter a BG. This is the only reason you see Battleground specific code.

Side note: this is the same reason Hermes never supported cross server 5 mans or raids. These features were somewhat new and I didn't update Hermes to support them before I quit.

I'll update my account settings here to receive email notifications and help out where I can.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Paperplate; 2012-09-07 at 07:46 PM.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Deleted
    Cheers mate, and yeah I think i saw the throttle in the spellmonitor.lua file
    Adding the cooldowns and adding new classes isn't too hard so yeah thats no problem

Thank you for the confirmation Paperplate/inthedrops. We'll do our best to update the addon. And yea. I am finding it difficult to follow the code haha.

Sending you a PM eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Divineblitz View Post
    Thinking about the logic, battleground detection is needed. The reason why is scope. The inspect library cannot inspect at a certain distance and when people leave/join battlegrounds. The addon cannot detect those changes to roster and update. inthedrops probably figured that and built in a throttle somewhere. But I have not encountered that yet. (I think I just re-wrote what you just said there but I'm lacking sleep)
    That's mostly spot on. A few details that may help.

Hermes actually builds up a queue of players it needs to inspect. This list is constantly being updated as needed. Hermes will not display data for players that it hasn't been able to inspect yet (due to range). As long as there are players in the inspect queue, Hermes will keep trying to inspect them.

In Talents.lua is the function QueueTalentQuery(unit) where we add players to the talent scanning queue. TalentQuery_Ready(e, name, realm, unit) is the event we receive when talents for a player in the queue are available. That same method parses all the talent data and updates Hermes if something is new or different.

TLDR; Range in Battlegrounds is no more an issue than range in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplate View Post
    TLDR; Range in Battlegrounds is no more an issue than range in raids.
    That basically has summed up what I've anticipated on. Forgetting about battlegrounds and treat raids as raids meanwhile adding cross-realm support. That should fix both issues.

Well can't help you with programming part but if you need updates to raid wide CD spellIDs I assembled a list that should have them all (and a few more besides):
    http://www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833...raid-buff-list

I don't quite remember how it works, but Hermes ships with a file called SpellMonitorDefaults.lua. Think of it as a database with all the default spell info. It has a schema and a revision. The intent was as a developer whenever a spell changes, you go into this file, make the change, increment the revision by one, and ship a new release. The only time schema is to change is when Blizz releases a new client or patch. In which case you'd also reset revision to 1.

The users at that point are supposed to be able to go into the UI of Hermes, see that there are some changes, review them, and apply them. That's the sole purpose of the above mentioned schema and revision.

You may see some code in functions in Hermes containing SMS in them. They're referring to SpellMonitorSchema, aka this file

I mention all of this because this is where spell additions, removals, and deletions are supposed to go and what the process is supposed to be for both developer and user.

Of course, I have no idea if Blizz did anything to prevent it from working the way I just described.