Deleted

question about guardian

Hey

I wanted to know if the guardian is just pure protection or if it is good to play damage with, because i think it looks nice but i don't want to play if it doesn't have a good damage

All professions can have some decent damage. It's all about how you trait yourself and your gear setup.

It's fun. Can be built as support or damage, but even if you build damage you're going to support a lot. Guardians also love burning and fire, and have lots of it. My favorite is to play greatsword/sword+focus in sPvP, while in PvE I go greatsword/scepter+focus. I have a lot of fun and do good damage. It's really fun to spin around and AoE, leap, self-combo with light/fire.

Guardian is one of the OP classes atm. It has amazing damage on top of really good survivability. And you can have both at the same time (unlike some of the other profs that have to choose one over the other). The guardian I'm leveling now is MUCH easier to play than the ele than I lvled to 80 all ready if that tells you anything. The guardian cannot only kill stuff quicker, he can take hits like a tank. Pretty strong IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Guardian is one of the OP classes atm. It has amazing damage on top of really good survivability. And you can have both at the same time (unlike some of the other profs that have to choose one over the other). The guardian I'm leveling now is MUCH easier to play than the ele than I lvled to 80 all ready if that tells you anything. The guardian cannot only kill stuff quicker, he can take hits like a tank. Pretty strong IMO.
    Heavy armor helps there, haha. Also...lots of Aegis/shielding abilities. I'd say elementalists dish out damage more consistently (speculation/from what I've seen, only played a little) and more broadly whereas a Guardian is more burst and targeted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I keep wanting to like Guardian but it keeps feeling pretty squishy compared to my warrior. Maybe I just have not figured out the right way to play it but I seem to die regularly as a Guardian.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Heavy armor helps there, haha. Also...lots of Aegis/shielding abilities. I'd say elementalists dish out damage more consistently (speculation/from what I've seen, only played a little) and more broadly whereas a Guardian is more burst and targeted.
    I play both ele and guardian, and let me tell you..the guardian can dish out just as much, if not more damage than my ele. And on top of that, he has WAY more survivability, even when specced more towards glass cannon. And even though someone has pointed out to me that heavy armor and light armor only have a difference of 9%, it sure as hell seems to be a big help if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And even though someone has pointed out to me that heavy armor and light armor only have a difference of 9%, it sure as hell seems to be a big help if you ask me.
    Maybe against regular mobs when out and about, but in dungeons? You don't notice the difference, you both get roflstomped easily.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't know, I keep wanting to like Guardian but it keeps feeling pretty squishy compared to my warrior. Maybe I just have not figured out the right way to play it but I seem to die regularly as a Guardian.
    Try learning to utilize your blinds/blocks. Makes a lot of difference.

To the OP: Guardians can deal TONS of damage, both AOE and single-target.