Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    While I agree with a lot of what he says, negative and positive, I just can't get behind 'any' reviewer that gives a game a perfect score, especially if they admit flaws, but just as a general. I dislike scoring systems in general, but, no, there should never in any case be a perfect score for any game ever. There is always room for improvement. I get that he explained the 10/10 and what it means by his rating system, but I still can't agree with it.

I do love the game though, and agree with many of his points outside of the ridiculous score. I much prefer something like the MMO-grinder that just lists potential reasons why someone might/might not be interested and then leaves it up to you.
    I'm glad he's enjoying the game but I'm really not going to lie here, he is absolutely and viciously annoying to watch and listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm glad he's enjoying the game but I'm really not going to lie here, he is absolutely and viciously annoying to watch and listen to.
    I also agree with that, but then again most people compare my sense of humor to that of a rock, and I'm not a fan of skits in the middle of any review in general.

Deleted
    LOL!
    I`d completely forgotten about mob tagging until I watched this
    That pirate drinking thing. Didn`t enjoy that at all /yawn.
    I hope they do add more armour skins. Definitely want my GW1 Grenth outfit in GW2. Can only /drool over how good that may look

P.S. He needs to lay off of the Red Bull ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about the petty aspects of the review, and i personally ignore most reviews(they have their place but have never been a decision maker for me), but i loved the exuberance and the fact that he is genuinely having fun playing GW2, and frankly so is everyone I know. Sure there are growing pains but this is one fantastic game when it's all said and done and there is NO denying it is well worth the money you pay and slaughters the myth that subscriptions are a necessity to make a viable MMO.

Vid about a mesmer using the Focus weapon and the fun stuff about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hayna View Post
    Vid about a mesmer using the Focus weapon and the fun stuff about it
    Next time add subtitles to your video if you're posting it on English speaking forum, ok?
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

Deleted
    The MDRnation are opening up a new set of podcasts which comprises of interviewing roleplayers on the events, guilds, ideas, beliefs surrounding and involving roleplay.

Today we're talking to Joxx ( EU ) about his inn - This is our first ever interview so it'd mean a lot to us if you watched and gave us your honest criticism.

Deleted
    I'll just leave this here for the Engineer fans.

Deleted
    Epic battle between daisy the cow and a worm!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if already posted

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    While I agree with a lot of what he says, negative and positive, I just can't get behind 'any' reviewer that gives a game a perfect score, especially if they admit flaws, but just as a general. I dislike scoring systems in general, but, no, there should never in any case be a perfect score for any game ever. There is always room for improvement. I get that he explained the 10/10 and what it means by his rating system, but I still can't agree with it.

I do love the game though, and agree with many of his points outside of the ridiculous score. I much prefer something like the MMO-grinder that just lists potential reasons why someone might/might not be interested and then leaves it up to you.
    Are you sure you "get" why he gave it 10/10?
    Because for $60 nothing comes even close for the amount of entertainment and content the game provides.

And I mean nothing comes even within a thousand miles close.

I also feel the game doesn't 10/10 because a score like that means it is perfect in every way (which it's not), but I agree with him that whatever few flaws the game has can be comfortably thrown out the window because you're getting a full-blown MMORPG for $60 with no subscription bullshit.

I would've given the game's overall value a solid 10/10, preferably an 11/10, and my total score would've been around 9.5/10.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Probably everyone doesn't want to listen to my dumb voice, here's the map =P
    http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...e/c5b02583.jpg

If you do take the time to watch the video, I appreacite it, and am always looking for feedback.

If people like this one, I'll probably do one for Orr as well, though I favor this zone.

If you find a node spawn that I don't have, send me a message or leave a reply, and I'll update my map.
    Last edited by Tekniqe; 2012-09-10 at 01:10 AM.

The latest pvp video by Rob from TheWaudbys!

The Fluffy team charges boldly into the perils of Caudecus's Manor story mode!

Part 2:

Last edited by RumlyD; 2012-09-10 at 08:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Deleted

ArenaNet just uploaded this one on YouTube.

Do not know what to say. It started odd, but it was pretty unique made, in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

Do not know what to say. It started odd, but it was pretty unique made, in some way.
    I know what to say. BAD.

I love GW2 and i like the Launch Announce trailer, did not like this one at all. Even Zhaitan flying in at the end couldnt save it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    ArenaNet just uploaded this one on YouTube.

Can't even figure out what they're trying to show using real modern-day people turning into Guild Wars 2 players, are the events in GW2 supposed to be linked to something that is happening right now? What are the modern-day humans rising against?

Can't see any subliminal meanings or depth behind that advert, the link between modern people and GW2 scenes was nowhere to be seen. The whole advert I kept thinking "how is this related, how the hell is this related??" Just a girl rising out of the water and sprouting Norn tattoos (the fuck?).

I wouldn't want someone who isn't into gaming to watch that trailer, they'll think "sooo you guys think you'll turn into dragon slayers in real life or something?" Argh, so embarrasing.

edit: yeah the video comments reflect more or less the same thing. I hope they pull it from Youtube quickly and we can all pretend that trailer didn't happen, before it gets too many views.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-10 at 09:28 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Our thoughts regarding the new live action trailer.

Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Guild Wars 2 VIDEO OF THE MINUTE!!!

wanted to get my friend's attention..

so i made this clip to post on her facebook to tell her to get on and play

i can't stop laughing at his knees

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My daughter (she's 3), who has zero interest in videos games of any kind, loves this game:

If I have any other game on she's like 'whatever'...but as soon as I log into this one she asks to have her turn first and I get to play about 30-45 minutes later.