Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    uhh actually the 13 thing was like a law or something put on by the Time Lords. If I remember correctly there was an episode where the doctor said he had like thousands of regenerations....Or he could have been lying who knows with him /shrug.
    Rule number 1, The Doctor lies.

Also he is past 12 regens from the show alone? He regenerated as David Tennant and stayed as Tennant, so thats another regen there ignoring the regens where he turned into someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it would suck, I mean what is Doctor Who without the Doctor.... nothing.

but even if Matt Smith is the 12th Doc... there's still only one regeneraton left, after that they either put in some lame Retcon *oh yay my daughter gave me all her regens I have 12 more lives* or they let him die, at that point they can either end the show forever, which would suck, or carry on with someone else, which would be a BIT sucky, but not AS sucky as no more Dr Who
    He's the Eleventh Doctor. And the 12 regenerations limit is outdated canon. The latest canon is that he can regenerate 507 times.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

The master has regened I don't know how many times so this 13 regen thing is just a load of rubbish.

Hell is there a source where it says the doctors first form we see is his first "life".

I wish they would do some episodes on the time war. Hell the tardis could get pulled into it via some malfunction and we could see how it plays out. The doctor ended up in another dimension before so it wouldn't be impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Dr. Who, I love how he struggles with morality. A great example of this is The Waters of Mars. I normally do not watch tv, But Dr. Who is one of my exceptions. Good job Britains, you really did some good work on this series.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Apepi if you like Dr Who there's plenty of other british drama along the same lines thats just as good I would recommend Misfits or Being Human, but are EXCELLENT.

As for the regen thing being outdated... Excellent , good to know we have plenty of Dr Whoey goodness to come.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I love Dr. Who, I love how he struggles with morality. A great example of this is The Waters of Mars. I normally do not watch tv, But Dr. Who is one of my exceptions. Good job Britains, you really did some good work on this series.
    I love it when he just snaps and shows no mercy. The Family of Blood for example, just snapped and locked them all up for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I love it when he just snaps and shows no mercy. The Family of Blood for example, just snapped and locked them all up for eternity.
    Family of Blood was one of the best EPs to date

15+ Year Old Account
    Apepi if you like Dr Who there's plenty of other british drama along the same lines thats just as good I would recommend Misfits or Being Human, but are EXCELLENT.

As for the regen thing being outdated... Excellent , good to know we have plenty of Dr Whoey goodness to come.
    Thanks, ill take a look at them. I also have watched IT Crowd and that is very good( though it might just be because I fix computers...)
    Boom Town is also a good episode, does he give her to her people and kill her?Let her go?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Apepi you should check out torchwood, basically like Dr who, i originally didn't like Dr who, then found out about torchwood and loved it, then from that i watched dr who and loved that xD

Also i hope in this new season we see some old people, like Martha/Donna/Donnas grandad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Martha/Donna and her grandfather are gone.
    That's why they had the whole big bye to them in Tennant's finale.

I'm just going through from Doctor 8 - 11, and I'm at 'Victory to the Daleks' episode 3 of the 11th doctor.
    In Asylum of the Dalek's the Dalek's say they can't kill each other, but bam in Victory the three that recreated the Dalek's are shot by the others.

They need to stop making so many loopholes.
    It's like Moffat and the other writers don't watch each others episodes or read their scripts. They just do their own thing.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Apepi you should check out torchwood, basically like Dr who, i originally didn't like Dr who, then found out about torchwood and loved it, then from that i watched dr who and loved that xD

Also i hope in this new season we see some old people, like Martha/Donna/Donnas grandad.
    I watched some of torchwood, but idk. I did not enjoy it that much. Just certain aspects of it threw me off, like they used retcon pills to make people forget about them, it just seems like an easy way out.

Gallahadd , when you mention Being human, I guess you are talking about the uk version Us seems to have a version of their own.

Why does uk use series instead of season?It seems the old dr. who ones were called seasons?

And Kuth, in Asylum of the Dalek, the Daleks talk about how they think hate is beautiful. But they send the deviant(not the norm) Daleks that showed such hatred end up being pure enough. It depends on what you would think would be not the norm. I'm thinking maybe there hatred was to much? The dalaks have been known to enslave some life(till not needed) and maybe there insane ones tried to kill them even though the others wanted to use them?Maybe they where just destroying planets without using it's resources? Maybe mutations of the daleks?

As for Victory to the Daleks, the darelks were willing to die. they had to cheep changing their own dna(?) code so they could use the Progenitor. And even then, they had to get dr. who's recognition that they where daleks to get ti to work. So after they recreated better(non-dna changed) daleks the old ones thought less of themselves and accepted death. maybe they knew they would be sent to the asylum and thought death was better? So really i do not feel like it was a loophole.
    Last edited by apepi; 2012-09-08 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    Why does uk use series instead of season?It seems the old dr. who ones were called seasons?
    Series means the same its just British vs American terminology really. I've always referred to Dr Who as series and in fact most things are series in my mind. Nothing wrong with season either mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallahadd , when you mention Being human, I guess you are talking about the uk version Us seems to have a version of their own.

Yes sorry, as I posted I thought 'Urg, they have a US version of Being Human, I probably should specify UK' but then I got distracted by something shiny and forgot to edit, I've not seen the US version but I've heard alot of very bad things about it. 100% check out the UK version it's epic (even if the latest season is a bit... myeh)

As for Series Vs Season, I've got to be honest even as a brit I dont know.... It does confuse me when people use Series for Season, but maybe that's just me... It also REALLY annoys me when people correct me for saying 'Season' as it just makes more sense (to me at least) to have different words so you can differentiate between the series as a whole, and the individual sections, or seasons .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes sorry, as I posted I thought 'Urg, they have a US version of Being Human, I probably should specify UK' but then I got distracted by something shiny and forgot to edit, I've not seen the US version but I've heard alot of very bad things about it. 100% check out the UK version it's epic (even if the latest season is a bit... myeh)

As for Series Vs Season, I've got to be honest even as a brit I dont know.... It does confuse me when people use Series for Season, but maybe that's just me... It also REALLY annoys me when people correct me for saying 'Season' as it just makes more sense (to me at least) to have different words so you can differentiate between the series as a whole, and the individual sections, or seasons .
    I always thought series was used for more the just collective tv show(all the seasons together). But then I rwead about how many things were series instead of seasons and it got me confused.....

Deleted
    Why is episode 2 not available on iplayer? Didn't that show tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    It should be there. I watched it off iPlayer straight after it was on TV (missed the very start).

Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n_a_Spaceship/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    It should be there. I watched it off iPlayer straight after it was on TV (missed the very start).

Here's a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...n_a_Spaceship/

Hm, the link is taking me to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/

Prim using a mobile device, might that be why? Though I watched last weeks episode on here... If I search in NBC iplayer for it, it just returns last weeks episode

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    It should be on there already. I watched it late but I set it to record cos I was busy at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode was nothing special imo, i really don't like saying this about Doctor who but i actually got quite bored :/ Was pretty good having David Mitchell and Robert Webb in it though ;D