Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I think Elementalist is more of a headache class personally. I'm leaning towards Ranger/Thief (playing a Ranger atm) though are any of these ACTUALLY better than an Engineer?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean better? O_o

Frankly, Elementalist is the only profession I would consider "high APM" in the least. This game in general doesn't have a whole lot of APM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    In general. AoE, Single Target Damage. Mobility/Versatilty, Survivability. I guess all the classes are roughly the same. One thing I hate about Engineer is having to run into melee to deal our highest damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    Did I ever say I was getting crushed? Are you able to find a post from me even hiting at that?

If you want people to take your points seriously, you gotta be able to actually provide arguments to back them. Educate me? Please, you opened your trap without thinking it through and now you are just desperatly trying not to lose face too much by throwing generic bullshit around. The only reason why you cannot actually name those skills is because they don't exist, and you and I both know it.
    Chaos armor... Chaos storm... Blink... the block with sword offhand, block with scepter... Illusionary wave... etc...

yep stealth is the only way

Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    Chaos armor... Chaos storm... Blink... the block with sword offhand, block with scepter... Illusionary wave... etc...

yep stealth is the only way
    Except you missed the part where we were talking about UTILITY skills. You know, the skills that are not dependant on your equiped weapon? Also... how in the name of christ is Chaos Storm a defensive skill?

But one way or another, my point still stands. Ele has just as many weapon-based defensive skills, but their utility defensive skills are better then the Mesmer's. Dont get me wrong, Mesmer is much more survivable in PvP because people tend to target your clones and whatnot, but in PvE dungeons they are just as squishy as an ele, the clones not being a factor at all as they get 1shot by any AoE spell (which is why phantasms have a tendency to wait outside melee range between attacks, even the melee ones).

P.S. and no, no one is "getting crushed". Being squishy doesnt mean not being able to survive.
    Last edited by Nikijih; 2012-09-08 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    In general. AoE, Single Target Damage. Mobility/Versatilty, Survivability. I guess all the classes are roughly the same. One thing I hate about Engineer is having to run into melee to deal our highest damage.
    Engineer is definitely what I would call a "mid range" profession, I suppose. But I really don't think there's a way to just be "in general better" than any other profession.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Double pistol/Grenade kit engineer is probably the most active I've played, constantly switching using the 2-5s on both, literally every cooldown. I don't even switch as much on my elementalist as I did my engineer. You're not gong to find a class you have to be more active on using, especially if your engineer was using elixirs and not turrets. I've found Thief to be very low APM in PvE, because of the design of initiative you tend to use the same ability over and over until the situation demands something different, e.g my 61 sword/pistol Thief almost exclusively uses the 3 ability and then does exactly the same when switching to pistol/pistol, I can mix in some 2 shadowsteps to make it more interesting but it's not really needed, just a positive choice. I started using traps and tricks just so I had more stuff to press. Dagger/dagger was just 5>backstab>5>backstab, spam 4 on 2 targets, spam 3 on 3+. Whereas other classes tend to use their full 1-5 in almost every fight.

Deleted
    Ranger seems a lot of fun in SPvP but yeah, I'm not sure if a Ranger would be a better option than my Engineer was. Thief is too squishy for my liking.