Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh yeah, pay to win. Except that you don't win anything.
    Stop feeding the troll please.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    A full set of higher quality gear is pay to win. What GW2 has is not. If you think any cash shop that gives anything other than cosmetic items is Pay 2 Win, then a lot of things are Pay 2 Win. Hell, even by your logic, WoW is Pay 2 Win because you can buy TCG mounts on ebay and sell them in-game for fuckloads of gold, buy all the best BoE gear you can, pay people to run you through raids and get BoPs, then realise you've wasted your time and money.
    well, since you can craft oranges, which are in fact the "best" gear in the game ... i was wrong ... its not about the shiny things ... you can in fact craft the best gear available? thats nice! thats even more of an advantage! i like how u want to deny my points, but you fire in the same direction

as for your point of WoW ... well you can do it! i never said WoW is not pay2win! in fact even WoW is pay 2 win But i can guarantee you, u will never be able to craft or buy BiS Gear! EVER!

all you can craft or buy is normal gear ... even that is an advantage! but you can never buy the best in slot gear!

you wantet to shoot against WoW with that point? Well, you hit GW2 hard!

like i said before: there is nothing wrong with GW2 or pay2win at all!

pay2win is needed for ANet to finance the servers! i am totally okay with that!

but YOU are not okay with that! every point you make, shows everyone here, how much you hate pay2win!

and i repeat: GW2 is pay2win AND THERE IS NOTHING BAD ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

the sooner you accept that gamemodel, the more and longer you will love GW2 ...

all you do now is that blind fanboyism "No! its only slight advantages and slight advantages are no advantages! GW2 has no flaw at all! i will love that game till eternity! awww, i just wanna make sweet sweet love with ANet" that point will evaporate fast and if you havent learned to accept that game as what it is, you will start hating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Thing is there is bazillion different interpretations of "pay to win" and as we learned from this thread, different interpretations apply to different games based entirely on whether it's cool to hate that game. I agree with you, by the way, now could you please go to D3 forums (for example) and convince the haters that RMAH is not pay-2-win according to this definition?
    Well, I'm sorry, I usually accept other people's views, and this isn't aimed at you specifically, but:

If you get so worked up and upset about tiny boosts and advantages given by a cash shop then fuck off and play another game. Nobody else cares but you, so who actually gives a shit?

Sorry to be rude, but GW2's income relies on a cash shop selling convenience and cosmetic items. If any of these 'PAY TO WIN OMFG' ignoramuses have a better idea that isn't a monthly fee that's also realistic and doesn't involve people paying money for nothing, please do tell, because I'm dying to hear it.

Until then, be quiet.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    well, since you can craft oranges, which are in fact the "best" gear in the game ... i was wrong ... its not about the shiny things ... you can in fact craft the best gear available? thats nice! thats even more of an advantage! i like how u want to deny my points, but you fire in the same direction
    Anyone can do this.

Your argument is invalid.

Deleted
    Anyone can do this.

Your argument is invalid.
    so lets be clear: till today there is not a single pay2win game available!

Deleted
    oh god, the stupid has returned..

hide the asura.. they'll go mad if they see this

You do that , and then go into PvP or PvE dungeons and get you ass handed to you .

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Honestly OP, step back for a second and consider this. Anyone who feels compelled to cheat their way past content (gaining no advantage over anyone else in the process, btw) is just funding the next expac for the rest of us. Being lvl 80 doesn't change the game in any significant way for them, but they've essentially missed out on all the content on way, as others have stated. They'll get bored and burned out, make some silly qq thread on mmo-champ, then go play hello kitty or whatever it is they prefer while the rest of us continue on in merry ignorance of their existence.
    my example was hyperbole maybe as I don't expect someone to buy all these. Although there are things in game that money will make them easy without lose any content..in an earlier example I said how I had to go back in kessex hills at 50 because I needed to grind for materials for my Armorsmith -Weaponsmith. I went to a river and for 3 hours grinding some mobs there for Vial of Blood. I had already completed 100% of Kessex Hills but there was the best place to farm these. I lost my afternoon to do this..someone could buy them all these and continue play to zones he didn't played yet. There are lot of examples where people can replace mindless grind for real money. Magic find, tools that guarantee you take upgrades back, tools that guarantee you find rare materials, all these doesn't prevent you to enjoy your character or to enjoy content...they clearly give an advantage to others to save tons of time of mindless grind, in order to enjoy the game the way they like it..

The can go for swimming, they can go and do dynamic events wherever they want, they can play with friends in low zones without having to care for grinding...Now I understand that GW2 does not have subscription and I also understand that Anet need to make money some way. Someone must pay for the next expansion. I really understand this, but is better to tell me is the "necessary evil" for the game to continue and upgrade than to insult me(troll, go back to wow, e.t.c. - not you specifically) and tell me that there is no advantage at all...

Would people spend money if there wasn't an advantage?Would they spend money to skip something they already have fun with? I tell you, it was fun when I completed Kessex Hills and I loved every moment in this area, but it wasn't fun when I had to go back to 50 to grind all my afternoon to be able to continue my crafting profession..if I could buy those materials instead I wouldn't feel that I lost content...and this apply to every grind
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-09-09 at 03:48 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by totmachor View Post
    so lets be clear: till today there is not a single pay2win game available!
    Oh there are definitely pay to win games, tonnes of em, but GW2 is not one of them.

Oh there are definitely pay to win games, tonnes of em, but GW2 is not one of them.

*snip*
    Can you give an example please so that we can discuss how absolutely unlike GW2 it is?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Can you give an example please so that we can discuss how absolutely unlike GW2 it is?
    Gimme a moment to Google this. I've played them before, most of them are Asian.

Edit: Many of the Pay 2 Win games are free to play games that offer large advantages when paying money. Eudemons Online essentially sells levels, Runescape used to be a rather annoying example of P2W before they introduced the member item restriction on free servers, FlyFF and Rappelz had very large convenience boosts in their cash shops, as did Maplestory (Though this was mostly cosmetic).

GW2 is FAR less extreme (+50% exp from kills, which make up what? 15% of a level? 20% maybe?) whereas Eudemons was essentially buy gems, sell them to players for experience orbs, use experience orb to obtain a level. In GW2 you have to spend absolutely thousands and thousands of dollars to get the same effect you do from spending 10 dollars in the games I've mentioned.

Sure it's pay to win for a millionaire, but then again, everything is.
    Last edited by mmoc64a56cce3c; 2012-09-09 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    And what have you achieved? A level 80 character that you've never played. You don't know the nuances of the profession, you probably didn't have fun reaching level 80 and you're still not more powerful than anyone else, you just got there faster.
    I logged in just to quote this, as I believe it ended the thread with a single response. You haven't won anything but a lvl80 character. You're not better than anyone else because of how the game works. Congratulations.

Deleted
    i have seen tons of games, i thought are pay2win, but now i realise, all of them are not.

Like Archlord .... where you Can buy Strenght Buff or Damage Buff or Defence Buff or all together, to become a real warmachine, but what do you get in the game?

you didnt learn to play your charakter, so you have in fact lost and not won ... soo all these buffs wont make the game pay2win ... everytime, there can be another player who can be better .... be it through skills or through buying even more buffs.

HECK! Even when your the best player in the game and become the Archlord itself ... You havent won! tomorrow you have to defend your position and the day after tomorrow the same thing!

you can NEVER win an MMORP! so there cant be a pay2win game !

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're competing against...?
    Everyone can get to that point without spending a single penny and without giving a single fuck if you're that guy, sorry to say, it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlyrrh View Post
    I logged in just to quote this, as I believe it ended the thread with a single response. You haven't won anything but a lvl80 character. You're not better than anyone else because of how the game works. Congratulations.
    if it is so bad then why Anet sell it? Why someone buy this crap?Would I ever give money to someone to break my car for example? Anet sell gold to destroy the player experience of their game? It has been discussed a lot and lot and it seems that there can not be a pay to win game...and sorry but I don't have the attitude "I grind 2 days to gather materials to make this Armor and I am happy because I know I did it normally so I don't care if someone just bought that armor and of course I don't care if no one knows if I bought that armor with gold or if I did it myself...."

As I said, if this is the trade off to play the game for free while others "pay for me" then ok I can understand it. But to try to convince me that black is white and goats are flying then sorry, I cannot be convinced.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

And what have you achieved? you're still not more powerful than anyone else, you just got there faster.
    The only point that needs to be made here. Anything else is unnecessary.

The funny part is all the people here defending real money=in game advantages are the same ones that blast blizzard and cry that the store will be the downfall of wow every time a vanity pet is introduced.....Hypocrisy thy name is YOU.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Okay. You have a lvl80. You're now on par with other lvl80s with equivalent armor, which is achievable without buying gems. Which is not the definition of Pay to Win.

Deleted
    The OP sounds more like pay to lose

10+ Year Old Account
    And what have you achieved? A level 80 character that you've never played. You don't know the nuances of the profession, you probably didn't have fun reaching level 80 and you're still not more powerful than anyone else, you just got there faster.

^this right here

You haven't "won" anything.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    The OP sounds more like pay to lose
    /thread
    10 chars
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.