Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I guess I don't really mind as much.
    I have used it a few times with friends, usually max out at about 7 people.

One thing about it; at least with us, it's still a lot of hassle.
    Plus, in BGs I've found you win some, you lose some.
    If I come up against this when playing solo, usually I don't notice unless they're ALL on the same team, and then I just think "meh. Could have lost anyway."

Just me though, I can see how it would annoy people.
    But it doesn't always work.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 06:13 AM ----------

Also, I should add we use it so we can play together.
    Not so we can farm people and lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    If you hate Cheese Sammiches, eat Cheese Sammiches to show how much you're against them!
    Sounds like all those protesters always yelling at people for eating meat, and then going to McDonalds for a burger.

OT: Doubt they'll do anything about it, its not trivializing the game, like AVR was. I miss AVR, such a crutch, but it was pretty useful for first time raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Again, I feel you ignore what I say. Cause I already stated, why many people don't wanna do RBG's. And I never mentioned anything about PvE rotations, when I talked about testing out your new spec. Cause we're not talking about PvE (another example of you twisting my words or ignoring what I said), we're talking PvP. People wanna see, how their class works in PvP.
    You also completely ignored the part about people being bored out of their minds atm. There's nothing left to do in-game until MoP, so it's rather natural that people go to BG's to have some fun.
    Farming people at the GY who have no chance to fight back= sending PvE rotations into them. People want to see how their class works in graveyard farming, not in pvp.

And generalizing all premade teams is just silly. You talk as if every single premade WSG team does nothing but turtle and GY farm, again ignoring what i previously said about grinding reputation for instance. I can't count the number of times my friends and I have gone into WSG with only 1 purpose - Winning and winning fast.
    Again, another shortcut to something that isn't supposed to be possible. You want WSG rep you queue as 5 people and do your best to win as fast as you can like that.

In any case, you're the one who has an issue with this add-on, not those who use it. So why should people who use AV Enabler go do Wargames or RBG, just because you don't like it?
    Because blizzard gave those people who want to make 10, 15, 40 man premades and option to play like that. People don't use it because there's a prospect of losing in a fair fight. They just want the easiest way out possible.

People who want to play in random battlegrounds shouldn't be subject to these premade groups hence why RBGs and wargames were created in the first place.

I'd suggest that you go do RBG's or Wargames, cause that way you ensure, that you won't be GY farmed or have to spend time with "spackos" w/e that means.
    Why should I cut myself off from a part of the game which I'm playing legitimately and why should those cheating the system be able to deprive me of that?

Overall AV Enabler seems to be a very small issue compared to many other things and in the end this is not the place to complain about something you want changed. Go to the official forums, cause on MMO, you'll only get a debate that in the end leads to nothing.
    It's a small issue, but these small issues add up and in the end is not healthy for the game. I only have access to EU forums, nobody with any power reads the EU forums because the EU team is basically a glorified customer service centre and server maintenance crew. Posting on mmo-c means people from all continents can see this and give their opinion and possibly US subscribers will relay this back to their official forums where it is more likely to be taken notice of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you don't like multi-boxers either.

I hate that addon. I hate BG farming. And I hate the people who say, "Well why don't you just get some friends and do it yourself?"
    Then I say: "No, I wont take part in that. Its hurting PvP" - Then I usually get: "Lol jk get friends. Forever alone"

Note: I just made that Meme. I was furious last night at people like explained above.

Deleted
    u mad? av using av preform

Everyone can use this addon. Everyone can make a raid and queue as 5, 10, 15, 40. One or another player using it is not privileged, because everyone can use it and it's free to download it.
    Man up, stop whining. I've played against premades myself and I'm still alive and sane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look at that. An add-on that built a community. Yes let's stop that kind of activity.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Oh look at that. An add-on that built a community. Yes let's stop that kind of activity.
    A community of a-holes?

just wanted to point out that no premade - that values their time - uses this addon. make 2 or more 5 men groups and queue at the same time (teamspeak helps). works everytime.
    however with avenabler you have to sync the invites of 5 and more people at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    lol if your so against it, why not form your own premade?? this addon was made purely for pvp guilds that wish to do apparently what your soo against.
    So the best way to counter a trick that exploits a flaw on the random BG queuing system which you don't agree with, is... to queue for RBGs with your pals or use the trick (addon) yourself.

I don't know why they (Blizzard) hasn't done anything about this. They clearly don't want people queuing together in such large groups as evidenced by how they have changed how you can queue over the years. But then again they've also said that the amount of honor you get should match the challenge level. Haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjom View Post
    u mad? av using av preform
    Everyone can use this addon. Everyone can make a raid and queue as 5, 10, 15, 40. One or another player using it is not privileged, because everyone can use it and it's free to download it.
    Man up, stop whining. I've played against premades myself and I'm still alive and sane.
    Do you really click your volcanic potion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    Note: I just made that Meme. I was furious last night at people like explained above.
    Ah, but the point is that you're picking a random BG, not random people.

It's the same thing that I say when people complain about LFD and how it supposedly ruined the community: You've signed up for the random picking of the dungeon. Whether you bring a full group with you or not is entirely irrelevant to the game.

So... logic says that "I expect to end up in a random BG when I'm selecting a random BG" would be the correct thing to state. But that's far less catchy... Hmm. I guess I can't always win.

Deleted
    Am just gonna lol at this. I've seen Illana post before, complaining about something and not even remotely listening to what others have to say. So I'll end my argumentation here and just remind you all, that crying about AV Enabler on MMO will get you no where.

I've been in contact with someone from OR, they're always up to date on Blizz's stance on anything that regards OR or can affect it. And so far there hasn't been any statement from Blizz about using this add-on is "exploiting".

So why don't you post on the official forums, since you clearly aren't interested in discussing (ignoring or twisting words).

In the mean while I'll go back to my premade BG's and have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    A community of a-holes?
    Actually the public vent group I roll with is amazingly civil and friendly. It has been one of the best community experiences I've had in this game actually.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-09-09 at 07:59 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

A community of a-holes?
    my main experiences with the premade community is the rath community hosted on the wow public vent.

they are some of the nicest, most respectful, most inclusive groups of people i've ever met in wow.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    my main experiences with the premade community is the rath community hosted on the wow public vent.

they are some of the nicest, most respectful, most inclusive groups of people i've ever met in wow.

I recently joined this very community as well and my experience so far as been EXCELLENT players and extremely friendly and polite.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Any news on blizzard taking any action against this addon?

Sick of this crap 8-10 man premades in 10v10 bgs. Don't even understand why people are doing it still, surely with account wide achievements you have 100k or 250k hks by now?
    I saw this in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    played rmp when rogues had unnerfed vial and mages had mastery trinkets.

sat on rating for 9 months

got hacked

lost rank 1

I don't see the problem here.
    One type of underhanded play is worthy of scorn but another is fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post

It's okay when you're the one doing it but when someone else does it well fuck their couch.
    The hammer comes down:

Am just gonna lol at this. I've seen Illana post before, complaining about something and not even remotely listening to what others have to say. So I'll end my argumentation here and just remind you all, that crying about AV Enabler on MMO will get you no where.

I've been in contact with someone from OR, they're always up to date on Blizz's stance on anything that regards OR or can affect it. And so far there hasn't been any statement from Blizz about using this add-on is "exploiting".

So why don't you post on the official forums, since you clearly aren't interested in discussing (ignoring or twisting words).

In the mean while I'll go back to my premade BG's and have fun.
    i listened to what you said, I didn't agree, I gave my opinion.

If you don't like it that's your problem, not mine. If you can't handle the truth again, your problem not mine.

Taken from blizzard ToS agreement itself:

(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3390?page=5#94

blue post about the addon

(Btw, I've seen you mention OR several times in this thread, what exactly is it?)

It's been posted multiple times in the forums, quick search can net you pages of results of people who hate this addon and what it enables. As I've already said, I only have access to EU forums and nobody takes feedback from the EU forums back to the development team. If I post it here, everyone who plays wow whatever region can see it and comment.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post

And the post right after that one where I said: "I don't care about the method, only that justice was served. I'm sure whoever hacked that account will be punished too"

or words to that effect.

I can remove all your posts out of context and make you sound like whatever I want to as well, but you know we have a name for that: it's called propaganda.