Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lets try to steer this thread back on topic...

Still a WIP. Lost some addons since patch and some are only temporary until the original is updated / i find a better alternative. Plan to scale the bottom section down a bit and work on a new textured BG for it all. Move the unit frames out from the center a bit more.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2012-09-10 at 01:56 PM.

But anyways, back to the actual topic of the thread, UI's! And don't all start hating on me because mine isn't minimalistic, I like it the way it is :P

EDIT: Normally there would be something happening in chat in the bottom left ... I just have no friends ):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I was just wondering.... looking for some insight... Atm I'm using cheat death, which seems like a better option. PvE and PvP
    Cheat Death is the worst choice out of all of them for PvE. It's silly to take a talent that only activates when you die, you shouldn't be dying in the first place. Every time it activates it's either because your group is already wiping making it a waste, or you screwed up meaning you should work on fixing that mistake instead. Sure if you expect to die once a minute the talent might be a DPS increase but dying isn't something you should be doing constantly, and definitely not something you should be expecting to.

Exceptions are when you use Cheat Death for a specific purpose like soaking a big ball bounce on Zon'ozz. Other than that you're better off with the other two talents.

i like the way you have your buff timers done (overheard). what addon you using for those. i am currently rocking LUI which does a decent job of monitoring them but it went away from the bars, now it just has the pic with a fader on it and a tiny tiny timer. so i would much rather have this kind of buff watcher for most of my classes tbh.

Thank you (:
    The addon is ForteXorcist, but it's been tinkered with A LOT! The default is alright, but yeah, it's taken me a while to get it like this :P
    It's certainly not the most user friendly add on I've ever used.

Anyone with RealUI know which Addon shows which poison it wants you to use? If deadly falls off it shows an icon right under my character and if I use leeching it shows that crippling should be on. And I want it to prioritize leeching over crippling.

Also the combo point part of it, is there any way to make it change colors as they build? I would like 1-3 white, and at 4 they all turn blue and red at 5.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Cheat Death is the worst choice out of all of them for PvE. It's silly to take a talent that only activates when you die, you shouldn't be dying in the first place. Every time it activates it's either because your group is already wiping making it a waste, or you screwed up meaning you should work on fixing that mistake instead. Sure if you expect to die once a minute the talent might be a DPS increase but dying isn't something you should be doing constantly, and definitely not something you should be expecting to.

Exceptions are when you use Cheat Death for a specific purpose like soaking a big ball bounce on Zon'ozz. Other than that you're better off with the other two talents.
    I just like to have that ability incase I need to take something that would normally kill me to prevent a wipe from happening, yes the little self healing that leaching does is nice, but you didn't have leaching when you were clearing heroic ds. So I would hope you wouldn't need it now... unless your healers are that bad. Also now there is practically nothing to heal regardless. Good talk

I miss the UI thread. /vote for a Pve tier 4 (or is it 5) talent thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Anyone with RealUI know which Addon shows which poison it wants you to use? If deadly falls off it shows an icon right under my character and if I use leeching it shows that crippling should be on. And I want it to prioritize leeching over crippling.

Also the combo point part of it, is there any way to make it change colors as they build? I would like 1-3 white, and at 4 they all turn blue and red at 5.
    I'm currently using my own custom aurawatches, they're really, really easy to set up. All you need is the spell ids which you can get from WoWhead.

Unsure on the combo point colour changes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

You can use the NUGCombo Bar if you would like, that has a lot more customisability including being able to change the colours of each individual combo point you receive.

oh also btw there was a rogue ui thread before... here you go http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Your-UI-ROGUE

Alot of clean UI's Im deff going to be borrowing a few ideas to get mine the way I like it.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Overheard View Post
    You can use the NUGCombo Bar if you would like, that has a lot more customisability including being able to change the colours of each individual combo point you receive.
    Ah I might have to use that. There's a perfect spot right under my character for it. The realui works fine but I have to seek it out where nugs you can kinda check out of the corner of your eye.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Overheard View Post
    Ah I might have to use that. There's a perfect spot right under my character for it. The realui works fine but I have to seek it out where nugs you can kinda check out of the corner of your eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a few tips from this thread

Idle / Out of combat

Active / In combat

Would like to be able to move my chat box further into the bottom left corner but there seems to be some UI block from moving it that far (about 1cm from bottom) any suggestions of an addon or a way around this would be great.
    Last edited by Ujio; 2012-09-11 at 07:19 PM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Would like to be able to move my chat box further into the bottom left corner but there seems to be some UI block from moving it that far (about 1cm from bottom) any suggestions of an addon or a way around this would be great.
    Prat or Chatter can do that for you and also move the box were you type up to the top of the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    Prat or Chatter can do that for you and also move the box were you type up to the top of the chat.
    thanks ill take a look at them
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

your action buttons seem cluttered >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    same sh*t, different patch
    Happy on a Classic Realm :P

Haha looks pretty nice Bozzy, but how the hell do you read anything in your chat? :P (Not taking a stab at the language, just the picture behind the chat box)

Seriously thinking of doing the same thing with my cooldown timer like you've got too, just don't know where to put it yet :P

Here's mine:

Pretty much ElvUI with a few extra addons. Mouseover bars on each side of the main action bar.

Edit: Any tips on how to scale the picture down?
    Edit 2: Thank you, Ujio.
    Last edited by Domize; 2012-09-13 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Smaller picture