Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Guild Wars 2 Trailer: Our Time is Now

Unsure if I should post this one here but, uhm.. I posted it in the video thread as well. If mods think this thread should be removed, or locked, it's all fine, obviously.

So, what do you think about this one? I think it started out odd, but it was unqiue, in some way.

not the epic trailer I hoped for the last ingame-trailer was much better, epic music, epic scenes,... this is just bland

Deleted
    I think the first part is to show how stale everything have become, the MMO genre that is. Everything is a clone on another, with the same system in everything, but just different art styles.

ArenaNet is making a change, and people are breaking free from the stale state they have been in for a very long time, that's why they do all that stuff in the video, spraying, walking on coal and yeah, swimming in your living room...

I think it's pretty unique done though, it doesn't need to be massive over-blast-hype all the time, this is classy, imo.

They should have just gone with all ingame footage. Was completely confused what i was watching until the last 10 seconds. Liked the last 10 seconds, didn't like the rest of it.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

It was rather odd.

Deleted
    They should have made the trailer more lore driven using ingame footage (which looked pretty good) and maybe even combine with the concept art style that they used in previous trailers.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice trailer, I like the fact they didn't use a lot of ingame footage and tried something new

Really liked it. Shows that Arenanet isn't doing the same trailers as everybody else as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Im sure most people can already guess my response to it.....

I wont be subtle though, its awful, plain awful one of the worst mmo release trailers you could possibly produce. Cliche'd hot gamer chick playing with equally attractive friends leading up to a predictable large dragon roaring at you....I know they try to break moulds but this is hideous.

No doubt the people disliking it are wow fanboys as usual...
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-09-10 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    They should have just gone with all ingame footage. Was completely confused what i was watching until the last 10 seconds. Liked the last 10 seconds, didn't like the rest of it.
    Have to agree. I didn't really like it that much, especially considering that it's rare for a transition from live-action to anything is usually done in a way that seems wrong, to me.

Much preferred the other trailer thing they did.

Wow, I actually really liked it. So much better than a deceiving CGI

So... playing Guildwars 2 is like walking over glowing coals? D:
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Come now, people dont get deceived by CGI, not intelligent people anyway. And it had CGI in it anyway.

Deleted
    Its um awful imo.

Deleted
    horrible, and I thought Mists of Pandaria had bad trailer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Really liked it. Shows that Arenanet isn't doing the same trailers as everybody else as well.
    Live action that morphs into in game footage isn't exactly new... didn't we already have this back in the 90s?

The message is obviously, that the game is different (from other MMOs) and that people should take a bold step forward and try out this game. That's great and all but what the trailer is missing is why the game is different and why we should care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yea but cgi trailers can still tell a story. This is just confusing and if i didnt know what GW2 was and saw this trailer i wouldnt give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    SWTOR just did this....
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I liked it. It was different, and a little 'huh?' worthy, but in a way that I think will draw the attention of a person watching it. A trailer has to have punch and impact and draw you in, be it with music (Borderlands and it's wubwub or DarkSouls2 for example. I heard the music for those and turned around in my chair to see what was happening on my TV) or with amazing gameplay (Mind you, I can't think of a single trailer that pulled me in with it's 'Look at how the game plays' stuff.) or graphics or lore (WoW does a great job on the lore front. Say what you will but their trailers make you lean forward and listen.) and I like that Anet went for something a little trippy, a little different, and then tied it in an eventual look at the game.

Also I am in love with Norn Women, so the sight of that one towering over her fellows made me happy. That's how I feel, standing next to my friends Asura Ranger on my Warrior, just big badass and above it all. /Endoverlywordyanalysis

This is a very fucked up trailer. Sorry but that's all there is to it.

Incredibly creepy and disturbing, and seems more like the ad of a cult, than the ad of a GAME. 75% of it doesn't even have anything to do with the actual game, and the tag "our time is now" is both cocky and presumptuous.

The fact that they were willing to use paid bimbos to promote the game, only cheapens its image. Every other trailer of GW2 was pure awesomeness but this one? yuck.

At least I got to see how Zhaitan actually looks like (for a long time I actually thought that the shatterer on the Manifesto Trailer was Zhaitan)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)