Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just report this guy and move on...

10+ Year Old Account
    How does one make the best use of Havoc in various situations?
    The options that present themselves to me are:

1) Cast Havoc on A; cast Chaos Bolt on B;
    2) Cast Havoc on A; cast Immolate>Conflagrate>Incinerate on B;
    3) Cast Rain on Fire over pack around A; cast FnB Immolate pack around A; cast Havoc on A; cast Incinerate three times on B

I generally use method 1) on bosses with adds, i generally use method 2) while soloing/questing, i use method 3 to build up embers on trash.
    am i doing right? or i am missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

3) Cast Rain on Fire over pack around A; cast FnB Immolate pack around A; cast Havoc on A; cast Incinerate three times on B

I generally use method 1) on bosses with adds, i generally use method 2) while soloing/questing, i use method 3 to build up embers on trash.
    Interesting well if its a boss fight with 2 bosses like Morchok heroic would bane of havoc the one i am not mainly attacking and then chaosbolt immolate and conflagrate. Those would be my 3 spell choices because chaosbolt is our hard hitting nuke but at that point in the fight we would only have 1 ember since we used the other in our opener and immolate does anywhere from 40k-60k after all its ticks are over providing constant damage which would equal up to about 80k-120k damage all together. Incinerate would be my last choice since it hits for in the 20ks on the dummies with a none crit which would only be in the 40ks-50ks damage overall. In fact i would use conflagrate over incinerate which does about the same damage but is instant.

Deleted
    Interesting well if its a boss fight with 2 bosses like Morchok heroic would bane of havoc the one i am not mainly attacking and then chaosbolt immolate and conflagrate. Those would be my 3 spell choices because chaosbolt is our hard hitting nuke but at that point in the fight we would only have 1 ember since we used the other in our opener and immolate does anywhere from 40k-60k after all its ticks are over providing constant damage which would equal up to about 80k-120k damage all together. Incinerate would be my last choice since it hits for in the 20ks on the dummies with a none crit which would only be in the 40ks-50ks damage overall. In fact i would use conflagrate over incinerate which does about the same damage but is instant.
    This is gibberish again... Let's imagine you have already 4 embers at that time, please enlighten us what would you do when Kohcrom pops ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    This is gibberish again... Let's imagine you have already 4 embers at that time, please enlighten us what would you do when Kohcrom pops ?
    Stop feeding him. Let's just report him and then don't respond.

chaosbolt spam until out of embers. Stop feeding me? Mop Imp will be the best dps choice you haven't seen the updates blizz has ready for it lol

I have to agree that with the glyph of demon training my fel imp does 10k dps, without he only does 5k dps, that is using recount on a training dummy, I'm not saying it's accurate or that it's meant to be that way but it does seem to double his dps
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    I have to agree that with the glyph of demon training my fel imp does 10k dps, without he only does 5k dps, that is using recount on a training dummy, I'm not saying it's accurate or that it's meant to be that way but it does seem to double his dps
    I underlined the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

1. If you're holding an ember to burn down a short-lived add, then yeah, you might as well squeeze out some additional DPS with Havoc. However, if you're dealing with a pair of longer-lived targets (council/twin bosses), then you're better off using Havoc on cooldown regardless of whether or not you have an ember.

2. For sustained DPS, spending a Havoc charge on Immolate is a bit of a waste. Immo is quick and efficient, and doesn't really gain much through Havoc versus just tab-DoTing. For questing and soloing, where everything dies relatively quick, go with whatever works for you,

3. Sounds about right. If you're dealing with multiple targets, and you don't have embers for F&B Incins, there's no reason not to make use of Havoc for a faster ember.

10+ Year Old Account
    well for soloing Conf>Conf>Inc killers nearly anything.
    I will try to get into the habit of not using Havoc to apply immolate and instead use havoc for more conflagrates and incinerates.

I am looking foward to the reduced cooldown on live.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 10:16 AM ----------

oh yeah, the 25 second cooldown on Havoc is awesome and very nearly lines up with 24 seconds it takes to refresh both charges of Conflagrate. So sweet.

Generally, with Havoc I like to use it on the boss when an add is about to die and use Shadowburn x3. It's... quite effective.

Would you say it's ... super effective ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Only against Psychic and Ghost types.

Deleted
    Generally, with Havoc I like to use it on the boss when an add is about to die and use Shadowburn x3. It's... quite effective.
    Is this still working ? I thought Xelnath said it was a bug earlier in the beta.

Is this still working ? I thought Xelnath said it was a bug earlier in the beta.
    Still working.

And I'm pretty sure it's not a bug as Shadowburn is a single-target spell and havoc says 3 single-target spells or a chaos bolt.

At least I hope it's not a bug as it is way too much fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Would you say it's ... super effective ?
    What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    Interesting well if its a boss fight with 2 bosses like Morchok heroic would bane of havoc the one i am not mainly attacking and then chaosbolt immolate and conflagrate.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if you Havoc something, then cast Chaosbolt on another target, any following spells (in this case, Immolate / Conflag) would not benefit from the Havoc would they? Since your 1 ChasoBolt at the beginning of the Havoc effectively consumes the buff? (one chaosbolt OR 3 single target spells)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if you Havoc something, then cast Chaosbolt on another target, any following spells (in this case, Immolate / Conflag) would not benefit from the Havoc would they? Since your 1 ChasoBolt at the beginning of the Havoc effectively consumes the buff? (one chaosbolt OR 3 single target spells)
    Yeah but he has no clue
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2012-09-14 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn both cost 10/10 Embers so really it is inappropriate for Shadowburn not to consume all three charges of Havoc when Chaos bolt does.

I recognize that it's awesome and super amazing that Shadowburn can be use three times in a row with Havoc at the moment, but that really just breaks all sense of logical consistancy.

Wait...so I can Havoc the boss and Shadowburn a dying add 3 times...and the boss will also get hit three times even if he is NOT in execute range?

I did not know this.

I hope Xelnath does not know this either.

In defense of this mechanic...umm...it's situational and...umm...yeah.