Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So, this forum has now become a blog for it's users...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm just saying, I don't know what you're expecting, when you consider how it's handled in other games, with characters giving you their life story for each and every quest, when all I wanna do is do the quest, get my exp/gold, and move on to the next.
    Well, people told me to talk to NPC if I want story. So I talked to the guy and wanted to know why Logan distrusts him so much. And I get this one-liner. It's not like it was neccessary for the instance or any quest or something. Completely optional to get to know how the story for this place is. And all I get is a big nope.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagasumi View Post
    I like GW2 quite a bit. I'm only level 20 so far, but the gameplay in the early levels is quite amazing. The reason for that is that I can just start wandering, and I will find constant reward. I'll find random encounters and dynamic events. I'll see a herd of players going somewhere, and follow them. This usually leads to something fun. Everything is set up to encourage cooperation, where in WoW most of the time you see a player it is bad. They will steal your ore or steal your mobs, but in GW2 they can't. This has made me pay attention to the gameplay and story more, because I'm not worrying about if I went from A to B to C correctly or not.

Things I would say GW2 doesn't do as good as WoW would be tactical raiding. I've gone on some pretty amazing and fun raids in WoW, which required a solid use of tactics to beat. As much as I LOVE the mayhem and struggle of dynamic events, hearing about chaotic raids just sounds less impressive. I guess I will need to try it for myself, but I did the fire elemental boss and that was a terrible experience. I prefer tactics on a big boss battle, over just throwing bodies at it until we win.

All in all, I love both games but for some different reasons.
    You're level 20. Come back to me after level 70 and after you have some pvp and dungeons under your belt. I felt the same way you did at level 20. At level 72, I can't WAIT for MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Well, people told me to talk to NPC if I want story. So I talked to the guy and wanted to know why Logan distrusts him so much. And I get this one-liner. It's not like it was neccessary for the instance or any quest or something. Completely optional to get to know how the story for this place is. And all I get is a big nope.
    Well actually, that particular "story" is addressed in the level 1-10 personal story for noble humans.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Have to agree. I made it to level 40 and I'm pretty much over it. The game was so fun till level 30!! But then I did my first dungeon... that was it. The downed state in dungeons is just a mess.

Anyways, I agreed with the OP. See you all in MoP!

To those who enjoy GW2, keep rocking it. It's fun, just not for me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TDevine View Post
    Have to agree. I made it to level 40 and I'm pretty much over it. The game was so fun till level 30!! But then I did my first dungeon... that was it. The downed state in dungeons is just a mess.

Anyways, I agreed with the OP. See you all in MoP!

To those who enjoy GW2, keep rocking it. It's fun, just not for me.
    Yeah, I loathe the downed state. 90% of the time I just get up and walk away because it's too annoying to watch my character die slowly when I know I'm going to die. I absolutely hate that, it never should've made it into the game. You should just die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Mounts killed wow world pvp.
    If you get back to the battle 10 seconds after you died then whats the point of killing anyone?
    I dont know am I missing something in WvW but..

I spawn at north citadel. Then I see, ok south has battle going on. I spend like 10-15 minutes travelling there, by foot of course.
    Theres no events/stuff to do between that journey other than gates to go thro. Maybe some outpost to capture by killing one guard.
    So I walk there for 10 minutes. Little swimming in middle maybe.

Get to, a bit laggy, fight with loads of red circles around and 10 enemies there fighting from the walls or outside the gate our 10+ fighters. I go there, die from catapults/explosions and those 10 enemies fighting from walls in arguably less than 10 seconds unless I cower in fear behind where I cant do anything ;s
    Go to downed state. Die. ONLY way to res is at north. I go thro whole map and only waypoint is up there in north. So I res there and end up walking back to battle another 10 minutes.

Am I seriously missing something here? ;s

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Am I seriously missing something here? ;s
    yes you are not supposed to die , you should be defending your teams trebuchet/s far away from enemy catapults firing range not knocking mindlessly at enemy door , i barely ever die in WvW unless sieged enemy sallies out after their reinforcements arrive or while little skirmishes done over dolyaks/supply camps

OT: Almost everything you complained are about design choices/features you dont like yet you blame developers as if they tricked you with promises of delivering much different features
    Last edited by Anaralah; 2012-09-11 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    yes you are not supposed to die , you should be defending your teams trebuchet/s far away from enemy catapults firing range not knocking mindlessly at enemy door , i barely ever die in WvW unless sieged enemy sallies out after their reinforcements arrive or while little skirmishes done over dolyaks/supply camps
    I guess. Just havent seen catapults hardly anywhere. And I just followed the mob too..general chat says just to zerg the gate, we usually have won that way but the whole dying is bit eeeh

Np, you didn't like the game, plenty of others love it find something else to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people dare to say this game lacks any tactics?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my experience has been at the start of any new expansion, heroic and raid there's always people crying about DeadlyBossMods and simply can't do anything without it. Is that really raiding to you? Are those the kind of "tactics" you look forward to? You and your guild having your hands held by a program that tells you when to move.

I've done alot of explore modes so far and most (not all) have been a pain in the butt but we made up tactics and we executed them together. It wasn't all zerging and running around like morons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing WoW, I've had 7 years of decent fun ~ ups and downs but at the end of the day the raiding was never difficult and I've never really faced a challenge that really got me thinking.

All these posts about how bad the game is come from people that apperantly play alone (no other explanation comes to mind) and don't properly interact with others to make life easier, this ofcourse is something you'll find in LFR and WoW heroics where people simply que up and do their thing in silence because it's so easy anyway.

But if you prefer WoW, then here's to ya; I hope you'll enjoy it.

Peace.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2012-09-11 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: "I got to level 80 on the fourth day "

There's your problem. Rushed through. In my opinion.

I play the game at a relaxing pace. No rush. Game is huge. If you think it's about a rush to 80, I think you've missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    OP: "I got to level 80 on the fourth day "

There's your problem. Rushed through. In my opinion.

I play the game at a relaxing pace. No rush. Game is huge. If you think it's about a rush to 80, I think you've missed the point.
    Getting to level 80 takes about 40 hours of normal play, maybe 60 hours if you are slow. Getting to 80 can not be rushing unless you do it within 1 day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Getting to level 80 takes about 40 hours of normal play, maybe 60 hours if you are slow. Getting to 80 can not be rushing unless you do it within 1 day.

Like I said, you missed the point, in my opinion. Too many distractions. My goal, of course was to explore, do each quest, get 100% on the map, personal story, etc.

Basic math. 40 hours = 8 days. Slow = 12 days - and I daresay you will see all the game has to offer in that time - except to level to 80.

Playing from 6pm to 11pm = 5 hours a night = 8 days - minimum. Like I said, "rushed the game"

"Relaxing pace" does not include sitting down in one sitting till it is done.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-09-11 at 01:13 AM.

Only real issue I'm having is the damn broken events 70+. I'm already 80 and all, but pretty much every DE I've come across just flat out doesn't work. This on top of half the skill points being broken really makes the later progression really really flat.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Like I said, you missed the point, in my opinion.
    No, if you think level 80 means something then YOU have missed the point. You still gain experience at level 80, you just get a single skill point when you level up instead of a skill point and a trait. All level 80 does is allow you to enter any PVE dungeon and let you explore any zone, it has no real effect on anything else. This is not a conversation about opinions, so saying in my opinion is meaningless. We are talking about concrete facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    No, if you think level 80 means something then YOU have missed the point. You still gain experience at level 80, you just get a single skill point when you level up instead of a skill point and a trait. All level 80 does is allow you to enter any PVE dungeon and let you explore any zone, it has no real effect on anything else. This is not a conversation about opinions, so saying in my opinion is meaningless. We are talking about concrete facts.
    I think you're arguing with the wrong guy on this point.

I was the one who said "level 80" is not the sole goal of the game. So, yes, you've missed the point - twice.

And, you still haven't grasped the basic math of 40~60 hours = 8~12 days for a person that works/or has family playing every night.

Not all of us are living with mum and dad /or unemployed and have time to sit from 5pm to 12pm or whole day on a weekend.

I would argue that a relaxing pace is not even playing every night - so I would be surprised if some people take a month or two to get to 80 - depending on time they have to play.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-09-11 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So one-liners like this tell the story.

Great storytelling right here. But meh, the gameplay is more important (no sarcasm, I mean it).
    That one liner, combined will all the other information you're given as you deal with that particular character and the other characters involved in those events (note that the events may be found elsewhere, such as through a different origin - no single character will have all the details), tells the story. Kinda like the dialogue of the characters that is still visible (and thus readable if you missed something) in your chat window.

Not to mention that giving a single response to your character's question adds more than just that line to the story, it provides clues to what type of person the Minister is, and that adds to the story just as much as any sort of info dump does.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2012-09-11 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    That one liner, combined will all the other information you're given as you deal with that particular character and the other characters involved in those events (note that the events may be found elsewhere, such as through a different origin - no single character will have all the details), tells the story. Kinda like the dialogue of the characters that is still visible (and thus readable if you missed something) in your chat window.

Not to mention that giving a single response to your character's question adds more than just that line to the story, it provides clues to what type of person the Minister is, and that adds to the story just as much as any sort of info dump does.
    This exactly. I hated some characters at the start for being flat, (Logan especially) but once I started looking around, dabbling a bit in other stories, I came to like the guy. They didn't make it so everything was on a platter for you, the best things are the ones you stumble upon.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In other words, your problem with GW2 is that you don't like most of their design choices. That's fine. You can't please everybody.
    Indeed, most of what the user has posted about is mostly down to personal tastes. It's something people have to accept rather than try to put down to something else eg. "Game's bad" all the time.

Sadly, a lot of people lack this rather healthy mentality.