Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best theoretical S12 RBG makeup.

Hey guys, I've been theorycrafting with the new raidcomp and I've come up with the following RBG make-up which I believe will be a very fierce opponent to face:

Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid -- Symbiosis (hpal) gains Cleanse
    Holy Paladin -- Symbiosis (rdruid) gains Rebirth
    Blood DK (Or whichever FC ends up working the best - I've yet to do any serious research, so this role could change.)
    Shadow priest
    Affliction Warlock
    Fire Mage
    Balance Druid -- Symbiosis (ele) gains Purge
    Ele Shaman -- Symbiosis (boomkin) gains Solar Beam
    Rogue (spec varies, I don't play a rogue so I don't know which works best -- however, the Master Poisoner AND MS debuff are 100% necessary)

Basically, you're looking 5 battle res, 2 bloodlusts, 6 interrupts (including healer interrupts), 4 offensive dispellers, 5 defensive dispels (including Mass Dispel and Cleanse from symbiosis), an MS effect, and every buff you want. And also rediculous damage.

The reason I didn't go with Disc is because they were needed for dispels. Now that dispels have been overhauled, disc is not needed for the dispels. Since shadow still has mass dispel, we will take a shadowpriest.

I personally think the real killer in this comp is the five battle resurrections.

Any thoughts? Anyone else done some theorycrafting yet?

so. what you are saying is that dotcleaves are going to continue being the dominant model for rbgs and anyone who isn't a caster or a dk/rogue can gtfo.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Well aren't you a hostile little one.

I thought it was best due to the symbiosis links and overall what each spec brings. Yes i think that DoTcleave will remain dominant.

Deleted
    Replace 8 of the players with moonkin druids and you got yourself what we call a "win-cleave".

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Well aren't you a hostile little one.

I thought it was best due to the symbiosis links and overall what each spec brings. Yes i think that DoTcleave will remain dominant.
    and here i thought it was their intention to bring a larger variation of specs and comps into pvp with rbgs.

i want a viable model for a melee cleave rbg team, instead of having to watch zero skill casters multidot and aoe pressure their way to ratings. even with out pve gear caster pressure is far too strong and requires far too little skill on the part of the player.

hunters, ret paladins, feral druids, and a few more specs besides are completely left out in the cold. telling a ret or a feral to 'just go holy' or 'just go balance' just doesn't really work, and is completely disrespectful to the skill and effort some one has put into playing their arena viable spec.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    and here i thought it was their intention to bring a larger variation of specs and comps into pvp with rbgs.

i want a viable model for a melee cleave rbg team, instead of having to watch zero skill casters multidot and aoe pressure their way to ratings. even with out pve gear caster pressure is far too strong and requires far too little skill on the part of the player.

hunters, ret paladins, feral druids, and a few more specs besides are completely left out in the cold. telling a ret or a feral to 'just go holy' or 'just go balance' just doesn't really work, and is completely disrespectful to the skill and effort some one has put into playing their arena viable spec.
    youre totally right. ret paladins poppin their little boners and zerging down the closest target is the epitome of skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    youre totally right. ret paladins poppin their little boners and zerging down the closest target is the epitome of skill
    we're talking about wow here, go play sc2 or any other proper game if you want to discuss skill...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if the healing at 90, which seems more potent then Cata seasons, counters dot cleave pressure so a more burst oriented comp wins out.

BM hunters, Arms Warriors, Mages (GOD CLASS).

I will be trying a 5 dps warrior setup, where we will all heroic leap 1 shot macro D roar into any mob we see.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    i dunno man. i never got to do any rbgs as ret because rets were not viable in rbgs!

in other news.

tab targeting dots is apparently really really hard and takes a lot of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'm curious if the healing at 90, which seems more potent then Cata seasons, counters dot cleave pressure so a more burst oriented comp wins out.

BM hunters, Arms Warriors, Mages (GOD CLASS).

I will be trying a 5 dps warrior setup, where we will all heroic leap 1 shot macro D roar into any mob we see.
    Yeah, I don't understand what can stop this. Putting banner and popping Avatar and then leaping on the efc and using DR immediately multiplied by the number of warriors.. Might be countered by popping tank cooldowns but then again, at least DR has lower cds than useful tank cooldowns.
    Hope warriors don't get nerfed for this as if all warriors do group warrior gangbang parties.

On the other hand, if people still haven't learned;
    The more targets there are that you CAN HIT, more damage you will do. The more damage you do, more pressure there is. DoT cleaves can do this aoe in an incredibly easy way in their nature and will keep better than other different setups as long as.. well there are many solutions but none of them are very reasonable, maybe a number limit for the amount of targets that can be dotted with that specific dot.
    Sorry, I am, in no way, saying these to start a nerf dotters! war but since Blizzard claims to be "balancing" the game over 3s, RBGs and maybe 5s, number limit of dots will only affect the dot-cleave domination and not even touch arena at all.

FC: Blood death knight
    Healers: Resto druid, disc priest, holydin
    DPS: 1 rogue, 1 affliction warlock, 1 Frost DK, 1 frost mage, 1 BM hunter, 1 shadowpriest.

If the players are good and not just alt tabbing dots they can land easy kills with good communication. Maybe replace the BM hunter with an arms warrior for dragon roar stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    FC: Blood death knight
    Healers: Resto druid, disc priest, holydin
    DPS: 1 rogue, 1 affliction warlock, 1 Frost DK, 1 frost mage, 1 BM hunter, 1 shadowpriest.

If the players are good and not just alt tabbing dots they can land easy kills with good communication. Maybe replace the BM hunter with an arms warrior for dragon roar stun.
    0.5 second Updated!

Is the stun only 0.5 second now? In that case replace the BM hunter unless he's very good and know when to pop CD's with a ret pally. Stronk burst and very good offheals.

In season 9 in 10 man groups we ran melee heavy groups. Blood DK fc, arms war, ret pal, 2 dks, rogue, feral. Took down anything. However S9 RBG was broken as shit and only good RBG season we've had is Season 10.

I'd be more interested in a comp that wasn't a DoT cleave that worked a different edge.

I hope Enhance Shamans will have a role somewhere in RBGs, I'm tired of going Resto. But I guess if worse comes to worst I could try Ele.

Dotcleave won't excist in MoP due to dispel mechanics. Dot's wont get enough pressure to get kills. Most comps are gonna run a dot/burst hybrid setup.

Personally I'm gonna run something like:

Flag carrier (Not sure which will be good yet)

Healers:

Mistweaver Monk
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid

DPS: Frost DK, Enh Shaman,Rogue, Arms Warrior. 2 slots are left open - I'd probably put a BM Hunter and then either Lock/Mage (pick 1) combination for better CC, or repeat one of the melees.

I think Mistweaver monk is downright amazing for the "big fights" of Rbgs if you have a bunch of melee cleaving around against a Dot Cleave. Monk healers can instantly remove all debuffs ON ALL RAID MEMBERS on a 3 minute cooldown . That is enough to completly turn around one of the major fights of a BG, and many good teams roll their advantage from there to keep themselves on the lead.

There is also a incredible amount of snare and root and CC breaks, making all those melee extremely mobile. Enh Shamans will have Double Tremor, double Grounding, Double Windwalk totem (freedom totem). Paladins with 2 freedoms to provide the melee. Monks can also spec on a 30 sec cooldown root break they can give to party members.

Now that mages or locks can tailor their spec and pick which abilities from "all" talents to make more specialized roles, I see some Fire Mages as pure CC players, as they will be able to have Dragon's Breath, CS, Ring on a 30 sec cd, PoM for instant ring or sheeps, Deep freeze and their novas.

Fuck everything and BLAAAAAAAADDDDEEEESSSSSSTTTTOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Dotcleave won't excist in MoP due to dispel mechanics. Dot's wont get enough pressure to get kills. Most comps are gonna run a dot/burst hybrid setup.
    DoT cleave will be better with new dispel mechanics. Dispel a fear? Full DoTs, fuly poly on someone. Dispel dots? Full fear on someone. Dispel poly? Full fear on someone.

Although things like Combustion will be shit, I'll admit.

I'm fully intending to FC as a prot warrior.

“A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does”

Deleted
    Random FC, 3 strong healers, and 6 BM hunters.

WTF is gonna survive 6 enraged BM pets + 6 lynx rush, while throwing out 6 silence shots and 6 scatter traps

Not to forget the 30x stampeding pets aswell :P