Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So is the cookie cutter levelling setup for a Thief to run Dagger/Dagger + Short bow? I don't understand the fascination with how awesome the Shortbow is, it seems a lot slower than the D/D. Perhaps it's just because it helps with the Thieves weak survivability?

Shortbow is just too good when I comes to dealing with multiple mobs (Auto,2 and 4). As well as it has 2 mode of escapes in it (3 and 5). I find it hard to see P/P better than that.

As far as P/P (Pistol/Pistol). I never really use them so my question would be how good are they compared to D(Dagger)/D, D/P and S(Sword)/D ?

Secondly, As far as stat building. I been running Power/Precision/%Crit Dmg as my stats. Only venom I use is the (spider venom ability not in front of my computer to give accurate name).

Lastly, Is Dagger Storm worth the 30 skill points.
    Last edited by lovecraft; 2012-09-10 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Shortbow is just too good when I comes to dealing with multiple mobs (Auto,2 and 4). As well as it has 2 mode of escapes in it (3 and 5). I find it hard to see P/P better than that.

As far as P/P (Pistol/Pistol). I never really use them so my question would be how good are they compared to D(Dagger)/D, D/P and S(Sword)/D ?

Secondly, As far as stat building. I been running Power/Precision/%Crit Dmg as my stats. Only venom I use is the (spider venom ability not in front of my computer to give accurate name).

p/p has single target ranged damage, the ability to stack vuln to 20-25 over a long time and the control of body shot and black powder, which with p/x allows you to tank by shooting through the cloud for blind combos
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It's also a great gap closer, though, so I find myself using it pretty often.

Gods this took a while, sorry: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQ...OwkgtIYQwmgJBA
    I don't claim to be an expert at builds, but I built this with the idea of keeping initiative as high as you can, blasting away from ranged or melee, then going in for the kill with Heartseeker when they're low on hp.
    Its ok, ended up spending half an hour trying to make one, which turns out is almost the same , with main Trait lines, Full Critical Strikes, 20 in Deadly Arts, but then this is where i change a bit from the one you made, instead of Acrobatics , i took Trickery for the Condition damage (helps when im on my Shortbow) and took 20 points in it, for the 3 ini on Steal , 3 more Ini passives, Thrill of the Crime buff for better utility in a group and "Initial Strike" for a 7% chance to regain Initiative with the auto-attack. Technically would work similiar with what you build id think =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2012-09-12 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Definitely.

It's great for AoE, plus it looks awesome.

Deleted
    Surprised that no one said a word about what stats we'll need to be efficient.

Fact is, we're a high DPS class and being a melee, it makes us more endangered than Elements lists.

So - power/precision/crit. dmg. ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

Fact is, we're a high DPS class and being a melee, it makes us more endangered than Elements lists.

b/c this isnt wow where 1) glass cannoning is almost always a bad idea 2) not all builds use the same stats

if you want to discuss stats, then discuss them in individual builds. anything more specific than discussing vitality over toughness is pretty pointless since different builds are different. even a vit vs toughness argument isnt suited for this thread

speaking of builds. just throwing it out there to everyone in general, no one cares about your genius idea of "ill make a high damage build with shit tons of initiative regen" you arent a brilliant genius for thinking about it, you arent the first, you wont be the last. you arent a special snowflake of awesome for thinking up the same thing everyone else has
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-09-12 at 04:25 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

Straight up damage sounds good on paper but in most instances it ends up being a little less than ideal. To survive a lot of explorer modes and PvP you'll need either some toughness, vitality, or both. It also depends on your build. A build that prioritizes bleeds/poisons may favor condition damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Straight up damage sounds good on paper but in most instances it ends up being a little less than ideal. To survive a lot of explorer modes and PvP you'll need either some toughness, vitality, or both. It also depends on your build. A build that prioritizes bleeds/poisons may favor condition damage.
    thieves arent really that awesome in con damage. the best thing going for us is poison, but after you stack up a minute of it on an enemy its kinda pointless to keep using it
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    thieves arent really that awesome in con damage. the best thing going for us is poison, but after you stack up a minute of it on an enemy its kinda pointless to keep using it
    Death Blossom, Cluster Bomb, and Vital Shot are pretty good at bleed stacking, even though the first two take up tons of initiative.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. It would take a very specific build. For example, I experimented with a build that heavily favored initiative regen, and the idea was to keep up poisons (venom cooldown and stealing) and try to maintain 12+ stacks of bleeding. I didn't really aim for condition damage or anything, but I could see it being a decent secondary stat.

Deleted
    b/c this isnt wow where 1) glass cannoning is almost always a bad idea 2) not all builds use the same stats

if you want to discuss stats, then discuss them in individual builds. anything more specific than discussing vitality over toughness is pretty pointless since different builds are different. even a vit vs toughness argument isnt suited for this thread

speaking of builds. just throwing it out there to everyone in general, no one cares about your genius idea of "ill make a high damage build with shit tons of initiative regen" you arent a brilliant genius for thinking about it, you arent the first, you wont be the last. you arent a special snowflake of awesome for thinking up the same thing everyone else has
    Okay, I'm now 30/10/20/0/10 using D/D and a Shortbow or P/P.

Bought already two exotic daggers lv 80 with power/precision/crit. dmg.

True. It would take a very specific build. For example, I experimented with a build that heavily favored initiative regen, and the idea was to keep up poisons (venom cooldown and stealing) and try to maintain 12+ stacks of bleeding. I didn't really aim for condition damage or anything, but I could see it being a decent secondary stat.
    I'm having an awesome run of things with this build

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...Lompf9MxcsccsR

Focus on bleeds, poisons on the side. Initiative regen is wonderful. Caltrops from the utility slot, caltrops from dodge, and Death Blossom spam all work well on multiple mobs, or single targets. I've focused on condition damage above all other stats on my gear, precision as second priority.

Yes, I realize it's the "glass cannon" everyone gets their knickers in a twist over, but the innate dodge Death Blossom provides has kept me alive longer than other players. Cry about it.

Rune of krait/undead/afflicted on armor

Sigil of bloodlust/corruption on daggers

Sigil of strength or earth on my bow

Try it out; you'll like it.
    Last edited by AwdBawl; 2012-09-12 at 05:46 PM.

D/D bleed thief here, getting ready to craft my exotic set now that I maxed LW
    Was going to go power/precision/condition damage but was wondering if it was worth it dropping one stat for vit.
    I go down like a 2 dollar woman of ill repute after I'm done dancing around. Or is it just me needing to get better?

Dagger/Pistol + SB myself. Shortbow is a miracle worker in large groups (bring me the lootz muahhah). In PvE outside, I just shadow shot the mob and hope they don't have killer abilities such as most of the lvl 31 Pirates. If they don't, I won't get hit at all. If they do, I might have to adapt occasionally . With the Shortbow, I've been killing some champions, solo for the most part. Not doable on all champs, but some are limited in range and just take a long time to down. Usually when I pass the 50% marker, suddenly all sorts of people pop-up out of nowhere and "help"

And so far the P aoe blind is a miracle worker in dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright so this is what I need you lunatics to do
    1) find out exactly in which cases scorpion wire breaks. Up stairs, over gaps find all of them and post
    2) posts which steals are particularly useful do I can add them to op. right now my candidates are stolen axe and rusty scrap
    The Original Ganksta

Alright so this is what I need you lunatics to do
    1) find out exactly in which cases scorpion wire breaks. Up stairs, over gaps find all of them and post
    2) posts which steals are particularly useful do I can add them to op. right now my candidates are stolen axe and rusty scrap
    I have to admit that I'm not making use of Steal all that much. I've never really understood using any F keys, since they're way out of reach (I find 6 to 0 incredibly annoying as well and I simply cannot grasp the philosophy behind these, ever since I started playing Ragnarok online), so I basically constantly keep forgetting.

So how profitable is it and do you target specific mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have to admit that I'm not making use of Steal all that much. I've never really understood using any F keys, since they're way out of reach (I find 6 to 0 incredibly annoying as well and I simply cannot grasp the philosophy behind these, ever since I started playing Ragnarok online), so I basically constantly keep forgetting.

So how profitable is it and do you target specific mobs?
    Stealing is profitable in nearly all situations since you can sit on the stolen item while steal recharges

The only time stealing doesn't work out is on destroyers since you steal lava rocks from them. Tha said their steal table also includes throw gunk and consume ectoplasm

Example of a good steal to sit on is axe in pvp. Fighting a warrior or ranger (who you steal it from) you can save the axe for a kill move or to use instead of finishing them (you evade during it do you can't be dazed by a downed ranger. It deals a lot of damage while evading

Use skull is a good one too to interrupt finishers on allies

One more trick: you can steal while stunned so you can use it to shadow step away from say, a warrior about to 100b you by stealing his ally
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-09-13 at 03:03 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Steal is amazing if you take the Fury/Might/Swiftness buff from the 1st tier of the Trickery trait tree. Paired with Hidden Thief and Hidden Killer, Steal is the ultimate opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking more about the individual stolen abilities not the traits that make steal your bitch
    The Original Ganksta