Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh, well I like the Ranger / Elementalist one which cures Conditions/grants Regeneration. It's an allied buff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Oh, well I like the Ranger / Elementalist one which cures Conditions/grants Regeneration. It's an allied buff too.
    I assume you mean healing seed. I've thought about adding that to the op but I haven't been too impressed by it not that it's bad by any stretch of the imagination I just don't see more than area heal and water combos for point defense

It's a little too straight forward while being a really rare steal (throw tuft/feathers and gunk are all there mostly due to being common)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically just use Steal because I can. Don't even care what it does, I use it right away. Hasn't failed me yet!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I only really use it as a shadowstep, except against warriors because the whirlwind is OP... steal axe to whirlwind, 3x death blossom and lay down shadow refuge + dagger storm = MANY DEAD + BLEEDING THINGS AND NOT DEAD YOU. If that doesnt kill them another 3 death blossoms (which will be up by then if you have the ini from heal trait due to shadow refuge) and you're laughing. It doesn't work against more then 2 people ofc due to the way finishers work (you will die before you finish them off, and if any of them die too long from the others he will get ressed) but as a 1v2 strat it is golden.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Is there a thief not using a glass cannon build in PvP? I mean really... 2 dodge rolls after their burst and they just run away with shortbow....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is there a thief not using a glass cannon build in PvP? I mean really... 2 dodge rolls after their burst and they just run away with shortbow....
    I wouldn't use one, but I also don't care to pvp just yet. :3

Remember that most Thief users are probably far too familiar with being an all-DPS Rogue in that-other-game.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

in that-other-game.
    In several games....

10+ Year Old Account
    In several games....
    Yeah, but we're talking about the "main" game that everybody knows and everybody has played, whether they're willing to admit it or not. :P

I'm speccing balanced, but I sure as hell don't even try to get into close combat in WvW, unless it's an accidental 1v1 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have to admit that I'm not making use of Steal all that much. I've never really understood using any F keys, since they're way out of reach (I find 6 to 0 incredibly annoying as well and I simply cannot grasp the philosophy behind these, ever since I started playing Ragnarok online), so I basically constantly keep forgetting.

So how profitable is it and do you target specific mobs?
    Depending on your traits, Steal can buff your group 3 different boons, stealth you, blind your target and give your 3 initiative back on top of being a shadowstep right to your target.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Depending on your traits, Steal can buff your group 3 different boons, stealth you, blind your target and give your 3 initiative back on top of being a shadowstep right to your target.
    I'm not there yet, though I'm aware those exist, I was actually under the impression that steal worked like in WoW, steal coin I especially like the blind one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I was actually under the impression that steal worked like in WoW, steal coin
    Mistake on your part, there. :P

The effects Steal provides are all useful, but because of it's randomness, I still have yet to find a situation where saving it and NOT using the stolen "item" right away really made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

The effects Steal provides are all useful, but because of it's randomness, I still have yet to find a situation where saving it and NOT using the stolen "item" right away really made a difference.
    Still waiting for some info in the other thread Drake :P

Yeah I figured after reading the comments. It didn't hit me until now though, this is the origin of all those craptastic spells I got instead :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

use it and pay attention to it enough and youll know which enemy types carry what pools of steals

destroyers: lava rock, ecto, gunk
    risen: coral, gunk, ecto (some variants)

in pvp its based on profession

its not random to the point where its unpredictable. each enemy has a small pool of possible steals

some steals can bite you in the ass if you blindly use them, like rifle shot, skull, and any others with 1s cast times
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    use it and pay attention to it enough and youll know which enemy types carry what pools of steals

destroyers: lava rock, ecto, gunk
    risen: coral, gunk, ecto (some variants)

in pvp its based on profession

its not random to the point where its unpredictable. each enemy has a small pool of possible steals

some steals can bite you in the ass if you blindly use them, like rifle shot, skull, and any others with 1s cast times
    I've used those, and they actually have yet to bite me in the ass. I don't really care to memorize what I'm likely to get from everybody, and so far I've yet to find something that's just plain useless.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 12:59 AM ----------

Heartseeker: Reduced damage of the 100%-50% threshold by 20%. Damage thresholds changed. Old: 100%-66%, 66%-33%, 33%-0%. New: 100%-50%, 50%-25%, 25%-0%.
    Mild nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this posted elsewhere, and I kinda like the idea:

F1: Steal Armor: (Applies Several stacks of vulnerability to the target, applies 10 seconds of protection to self) This helps with our survivability, and enables us to weaken a single target, making them more vulnerable to our attacks. Which is what the thief is all about.

F2: Steal Weapon: (Dazes the target for 2 seconds, Applies Might or Fury to self and grants a class specific item just like current
    steal) This allows us to have a bit of a control option, lets us still have that random item.

F3: Shadow Recluse: ( Enters stealth for 10 seconds when not in combat, 3 when in combat) This would help give the advantage of surprise when out of combat, but ensure that it wasn’t too powerful during combat. Allows positioning, and a great gap closer without the target just waiting for you to shadowstep to put you in the ground.

F4: Shadowstep: (Shadowsteps to Target) Shadowstep would be removed from steal, and would be its own class mechanic, so that it wasn’t clustered all onto one skill, giving it it’s own individuality, and making you decide when and how to use it, pairing with a steal independently as it suits the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. steal is steal
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    no. steal is steal
    So stubborn!

I like this steal design better.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not even steal anymore

its "i want to play a mesmer, but not be a mesmer"

let me tell you how broken this is

f3 to stealth, f4 to shs, backstab, f1 f2 cnd backstab grats now you have ~7 stacks of vuln, fury, and got one easy BS and most likely a second crazy powerful BS

this is why im glad designers design games, not players
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-09-25 at 01:12 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    its not even steal anymore

its "i want to play a mesmer, but not be a mesmer"

let me tell you how broken this is

f3 to stealth, f4 to shs, backstab, f1 f2 cnd backstab grats now you have ~7 stacks of vuln, fury, and got one easy BS and most likely a second crazy powerful BS

this is why im glad designers design games, not players
    Frankly, I'd love to see this change implemented, and then change CnD to be something else. Stealth just makes more sense, to me, as a real profession mechanic.