Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eminence healing has been 60% of the damage done for a while now on Beta; tooltips not updated.

My use of the word 'duplicated' was just used to emphasize that your when your statue is out, you heal for twice the amount as you would without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    Eminence healing has been 60% of the damage done for a while now on Beta; tooltips not updated.
    Really? Omg that's really sweet.

Oh thats nice if they changed that .) and thanks for the Xuen thing then i really might take it i like the pixels when you use it

I havn't played beta so im just curious how useful exactly is Chi torpedo?

I plan on jumping straight into challenge modes and I see Xuen coming ahead as I doubt Chi torpedo will be as useful as there may be too much down time in having it.

Let's say Xuen is 1 global, 700k damage and 420000 healing while Chi torpedo is multiple globals and 500k healing and damage (Depending on positioning)
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-09-13 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    I'd say that the choice beetween RJW and Chi torpedo will depend on your stuff.

I'm sorry but with low stuff, and hard regen mana, chi torpedo remains a FREE zone heal, whereas RJW + 5 SCK costs a ton.

It's hard to compare those 2 with Xuen, but i think the niche for Xuen will be the boss with +damage on themselves ( Un'sok p3, Garalon legs ).

Nich for Xuen is where there is alot of adds since he has an aoe.

Chi torpedo could be baseline for MWs but that wont happend. Imo chi torpedo is free heals yes, but you need to place you righty and line up with ppl for it to get usefull, RWJ have eminance healing in it and boost to SCK wich heals for alot and you get Chi for Uplift/lvl 30 talents

Xuen is not 'more healing' than the other two by far, but it offers a different way to heal; it's 1 global every 3 minutes and it's completely free.

Chi Torpedo requires you to sacrifice your mobility for healing, however it is not on the GCD. For minimal downtime, you could cast instants, then Chi Torpedo literally straight after, only locking you out from doing anything for the duration of the GCD of the instant. However this still needs planning and still sacrifices your mobility which I really prefer.

But still, for the best 'raw healing', Torpedo/RJW win hands down, there are just circumstances where the Chi cost of RJW, the Mana cost of SCK, the small range of SCK, and also the fact that SCK may not be the best use of your time in fights that could make the others more preferable on other encounters.
    Last edited by Redfern; 2012-09-12 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think Xuen is going to be used for DPSing much at all for AoE, he has a cleave not AoE. RJW on the other hand does a HUGE amount of damage in proper AoE situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Xuen as a talent simply because i prefer having many raid cooldowns for emergency and burst-healing, rather than more short and mid-length cooldowns for constant healing.

I like Xuen, just sad its not a baseline spell for all monks with an extra flavor depending on spec

For challenge modes I just see Chi torpedo having less of a use due to the downtime of moving while rolling making you unable to cast and I havn't seen all the dungeons just yet so unsure if positioning will also be a matter.

Way I see it is Xuen simply will assist in healing while im already casting providing another cooldown, compared to torpedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    For challenge modes I just see Chi torpedo having less of a use due to the downtime of moving while rolling making you unable to cast and I havn't seen all the dungeons just yet so unsure if positioning will also be a matter.

Way I see it is Xuen simply will assist in healing while im already casting providing another cooldown, compared to torpedo.
    Every three minutes...

anyone find a fix for RenewingMistWatcher yet or is someone planning to take the project over? Best addon evarrrr and has some bugs

Quote Originally Posted by reale View Post
    Every three minutes...
    I did state it was a cooldown and a cooldown is called a that for a reason also please don't try to belittle others.

With Chi torpedo being used to it's full potential relies on positioning of players and mobs which will never be consistently perfect. You also have the disadvantage of movement which will only allows instant cast spells to be cast.

I only see Chi torpedo being useful on high mobility encounters.

Let's say in a scenario we are only healing and no movement at all do you see it being ideal to stop hard-casting to roll around? Which will interrupt casting for let's say 1 second each roll.

If you would like please provide me feedback, Chi torpedo for 3 minutes and record how much healing it does including eminence take note of (The # of rolls, damage and healing) Then compare it to Xuen and we'll figure out the average HPS. You have two charges of roll, gaining one charge every 20 seconds, you begin with two charges and over those 3 minutes you will gain 9 charges giving you a total of 11.
    Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing 1671 to 1941 damage to all enemies and 2053 healing to all allies in your path.
    Lets say you hit the entire group with the Chi torpedo, that's only 10265 per roll and 112915 over the 3 minutes, before scaling. Each roll also has 1.1 seconds of movement which will also be 12.1 seconds of no casting. Chi torpedo has a AP scale of 51.8% while I am uncertain on Xuens scaling. This is on a single target scenario, add fights Xuen would win due to the AoE lightning every 6 seconds hitting multiple targets.

Invokes the White Tiger Celestial, summoning an effigy at the command of the caster. The effigy will assist you, attacking your primary target and also inflicting tiger lightning every 6 sec to 3 nearby enemies within 10 yards dealing 1605 damage over 5 sec. Lasts for 45 sec.
    Xuens lightning alone does 963 healing every 6 seconds over the 45 seconds giving us a total of 6755/13510/20265 healing depending on how many targets are nearby 1-3 . As for Xuens auto-attacks I am uncertain on.

This is in a scenario where Chi torpedo is healing everyone due to being stacked which won't always be the case so in less than perfect situations it's easier for Xuen to pull ahead your also going to have to use every roll RIGHT as it comes off of cooldown so it is unlikely you will get those 11 rolls and most likely 10 since 11 rolls is highly unlikely. We will assume this is single target for now.
    From videos that I have viewed it seems Xuen attacks once per second for 1.5k with this example doing 67500 damage (40500 healing) so in this scenario Chi torpedo is ahead by only 65660 healing.

This is ignoring the fact that Xuen's lightning can crit and again Chi torpedo is under perfect circumstances of everyone being stacked hitting all 5 players each time and that you find the time to roll 10 times which I doubt you will, with the 12 seconds of movement due to Chi torpedoes animation and Xuen allowing you to continue casting im certain Xuen will be more beneficial as this scenario is assuming perfect circumstances which is not always the case. Also as I stated this was Chi torpedo vs Xuen for challenge modes which show's a clear winner for me Xuen doing on par healing if not more depending on the fight while also DPSing which is very welcomed in challenge modes.

If your going to post, again don't belittle someone and make it constructive. Im simply comparing the two talents.

TL;dr

Chi torpedo: 20530-102650 healing over 3 minutes assuming you get the maximum amount of rolls, 10.
    Xuen: 47241 healing and 78735 damage over 45 seconds assuming it's single target and no crits occur.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-09-13 at 10:08 PM.

Chi torpedo dont proc eminance healing anymore. All abilities that both heal and dmg at the same time dont proc eminance. Sad but true. It got confirmed from blizz some time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Chi torpedo dont proc eminance healing anymore. All abilities that both heal and dmg at the same time dont proc eminance. Sad but true. It got confirmed from blizz some time ago
    Thanks, I'll change my post accordingly.

Know if Chi torpedo heals the user?

Yes it always hesl the user

Deleted
    anyone find a fix for RenewingMistWatcher yet or is someone planning to take the project over? Best addon evarrrr and has some bugs
    most important question on this thread !!

atm it's bugged, and no not show the real numbers ( in fact he always shows fixed values )

need a fix!!

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    It's quite nice. Someone take up this lovely project, for all of our sakes!

"I did state it was a cooldown and a cooldown is called a that for a reason also please don't try to belittle others." ... excuse me?