Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I downloaded it like 2 hours ago. 100% sure.

Scratch that, apparently putting the latest version folders into the addons folder doesn't guarantee me to have the latest version in game..

I'm new to pcs.. Been on Mac's until tuesday.
    It's all good Jeremy, glad you are fixed!

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kirinoshi View Post
    I have been receiving all of the updates via Curse. No problems on this end. I would just like to thank you for your hard work on completely re-doing this addon. This is addon is an absolute must for me. I was getting worried a few months ago that I wasn't going to be able to use Serenity anymore. Just the basics of this addon helped me learn how to handle my rotation and manage focus. To me, my addons go in this priority: Serenity/JSHB > DBM > everything else. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to updating this addon. Thank you sir!
    Thanks for the kind words!

I have some things I need to look at for JSHB, as the new skills and things need a better way to be handled. I will query everyone here when I have some solid plans on what I want to address first.

But as it stands, I find that something needs to be done to help with the managing of some of these procs and when to stack abilities aside from simple moving timers.

I'm giving it some thought, just have not decided on the best way to approach and handle things, as I don't want this to become spellflash. JSHB was and always will be a "dashboard" for having what you need in front of you as best it can. It will never be a "push this key next to win" type addon.

Before I would ever use spellflash or whatever they are called, I'd write a macro to fully run my rot for me and piss off Blizzard. (Which, even with their secure functions can be done, lol. You just need to think outside the box and I've already tested and done it. But if I were to actually do this and release a one button macro, it would effect everyone as Blizzard would need to take drastic measures to prevent the use) If you don't want to play the game and have a macro do everything for you, why play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    I hope this is the correct place to request a feature or change.

I've always had trouble with the serenity/JS timer bars because I'm much more comfortable with timeline bars. Basically every point on the bar represents a fixed time (like 5sec or 2sec remaining). The advantage of this is that one can see with one glance what cooldown is ready first. A remaining cooldown of 10sec will always come ahead of one of 20sec. If i now cast a cooldown of 5sec, it will be placed ahead of the two others.
    Put everything on a logarithmic scale and you get a very intuitive design that can keep track of dozens of CDs regardless of length on one single bar. It is best to add a upper time limit (ie 30sec) because everything above is usually not very interesting, so longer cooldown will stick to the 30sec mark until they are short enough.

The JS bar works with different icon speeds rather than a timeline, which makes it less straight forward to read. One has to read the timers on the icons to get an idea of what is getting ready next, which is, imho, not possible in a quick glance.

It would be great to see an option like i described. There are a few addons who used to work with timeline bars, like sexycooldown, coolline and fortexorcist. however they all have drawbacks and don't fit as greatly in an hunter's interface llike JS' (which is very well designed overall): sexycooldown, which i've been using up to now has been abandoned years ago and broke completely with 5.0. fortexorcist comes with tons of clutter and unneeded stuff, coolline is for cooldowns only, no debuffs.

I'm sorry if my english was a bit wonky, no native here. anyways, thanks a lot for all the work you've done for us.

Your English is perfectly fine, let me first say.

This has been mention a few times now since I have updated JSHB in replacement of Serenity. I will explore this more in the coming weeks and see what I can come up with.

I'm also working on another new addon that I hope to get done in a week or so.[COLOR="red"]
    i've found a working sexycooldown version over at curse, just in case you want to have a look at it.

now let me say thank you for all the work you put into it. your JS allows to remove many mods thanks to it's condensed layout. it offers exactly everything a hunter needs in their everyday business of shooting support classes in their face. thank you very much. you're one of many reasons why the hunter community is the best. by far.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2012-09-02 at 12:54 PM.

So what addons are good for hunters after patch?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-i...e-enhancements

Is not complete so I can focus on JSHB fully. I need to make decisions about what this addon needs. I was hoping to have come up with come great ideas while working on the other addons, but alas - I have not.

For anyone that used the icon style timers in the past, do i need to re-implement them, just better?

What other thoughts do *you* have?

Deleted
    Did you figure out a way to track A Murder of Crows / Dire Beast durations on JSHB yet?

About the icon style timers, I think they are just fine.
    Overall, excellent idea to add these "enhancements"
    Last edited by mmoc019083e5af; 2012-09-04 at 03:42 PM.

Oh I know how to track it, I just need to write specific routines to track abilities that do not return their cooldowns. This is something planned (actually working on it now).

First I want to thank you for this great addon. I know what a tremendous amount of time and effort it take to make create something like this, make sure it works, fix the bugs and cater to the requests of fans. All I can say is THANKS!

I think the addon is great as it is but for me the moving cooldown icons is distracting. Sometimes the cd's are all moving to the end and stacking on each other and trying to figure them out is too much effort. My personal preference would be static icons with timers.. when time is within x# of seconds of expiring have it flash or text change color type thing. I don't know but what I do know is it's easier for me to look to one spot for the info I need rather than try to find it on that sliding scale.

Only other issue I have right now is the chat announce for md. I am a skinner and the constant whisper spam that I am mding to my pet is terrible. I do like the raid announce for the initial md only not the xfer ending or how much threat was xfered...

Anyway, just my $.02 worth! THANKS AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by RisingWolf View Post
    First I want to thank you for this great addon. I know what a tremendous amount of time and effort it take to make create something like this, make sure it works, fix the bugs and cater to the requests of fans. All I can say is THANKS!

I think the addon is great as it is but for me the moving cooldown icons is distracting. Sometimes the cd's are all moving to the end and stacking on each other and trying to figure them out is too much effort. My personal preference would be static icons with timers.. when time is within x# of seconds of expiring have it flash or text change color type thing. I don't know but what I do know is it's easier for me to look to one spot for the info I need rather than try to find it on that sliding scale.

Only other issue I have right now is the chat announce for md. I am a skinner and the constant whisper spam that I am mding to my pet is terrible. I do like the raid announce for the initial md only not the xfer ending or how much threat was xfered...

Anyway, just my $.02 worth! THANKS AGAIN!
    Both will be addressed soon, was updating another addon today.

:-)

Deleted
    Great changes happening JS.
    Thinking about it, maybe it would be nice to add a way to put the timer icons static, never thought about the advantages that give against a moving timer.
    I guess that's something it could be tried.

Dire Beast and MoC fixes are working great btw

Although I have found a small bug, the currency icons (bottom corner) from the currency vendors disappeared (DS gems, JC, Valor, Justice, etc). This is a bug caused by JS Hunter Enhancements btw.
    Last edited by mmoc019083e5af; 2012-09-12 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wyzzy View Post
    Great changes happening JS.
    Thinking about it, maybe it would be nice to add a way to put the timer icons static, never thought about the advantages that give against a moving timer.
    I guess that's something it could be tried.

Dire Beast and MoC fixes are working great btw

Although I have found a small bug, the currency icons (bottom corner) from the currency vendors disappeared (DS gems, JC, Valor, Justice, etc). This is a bug caused by JS Hunter Enhancements btw.
    I just checked this, and no error... what version? Sorn#1802 is my tag, add me to chat if it's still an issue.

Deleted
    Nevermind, my bad, I did some more testing and more research into this, and it seems to be a game bug rather than an addon causing it.
    My apologies

Is there a way to disable the cooldown/buff timers completely? All I really need is a plain focus bar.

If that's not possible, can anyone recommend an addon that just gives me a focus bar without all the other stuff? I used to use Stay Focused with Hunter Helper, but it hasn't been updated in ages and has been giving me errors since the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Is there a way to disable the cooldown/buff timers completely? All I really need is a plain focus bar.

If that's not possible, can anyone recommend an addon that just gives me a focus bar without all the other stuff? I used to use Stay Focused with Hunter Helper, but it hasn't been updated in ages and has been giving me errors since the patch.
    There are addons out there. But you can disable anything. Timers, just delete them.

There are addons out there. But you can disable anything. Timers, just delete them.
    Forgive my ignorance, but how? The config page does not seem to have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but how? The config page does not seem to have the option.
    Interface-> Addons-> JSHB-> Timers, timer set 1 and 2, expand the timers and click delete.

Interface-> Addons-> JSHB-> Timers, timer set 1 and 2, expand the timers and click delete.
    Thanks, I was looking on the main page.

Hi, I use ElvUI complete UnitFrames replacement and JSHB+JSHMisdirection. I don't know if it's just me but every time I try to MD someone in a party and click on their frame I get that small Menu instead MD. I have to choose them as a target first and right-click on the target frame, then the MD works. Is is a bug or it's intended. I remember when I used Serenity I could simply click any frame in a party or raid and do right-click MD without that small menu poping out? THX.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Hi, I use ElvUI complete UnitFrames replacement and JSHB+JSHMisdirection. I don't know if it's just me but every time I try to MD someone in a party and click on their frame I get that small Menu instead MD. I have to choose them as a target first and right-click on the target frame, then the MD works. Is is a bug or it's intended. I remember when I used Serenity I could simply click any frame in a party or raid and do right-click MD without that small menu poping out? THX.
    I'll have to take a look at it. Elv changed his frames since I last used it. I no longer use ElvUI myself, but I'll take a look.

I'll have to take a look at it. Elv changed his frames since I last used it. I no longer use ElvUI myself, but I'll take a look.
    I use Elv and your MD mod works fine with rightclick JS.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    OK, lets clarify this then. Exactly what frames are not working with Right-Click MD? Player frame, target frame, party1frame, party2frame, etc.

You say it does not work, but as you can see below someone says it does. Glad to fix it, just need to know it's not working for sure first.