Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I remember all the gw fan boi lovers saying there would be no grind in gw2.
    None of the "fan boi lovers" were making such statements if they'd actually done their research.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

No, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    None of the "fan boi lovers" were making such statements if they'd actually done their research.
    ACTUALLY the developer ArenaNET was saying this in multiple interviews when they were dissing other mmo's. GW2 fans were just repeating what the developer said.

Deleted
    In the past, we’ve talked about how in Guild Wars 2 we designed the game to avoid a common problem in many MMOs: grinding through chunks of boring, repetitive content
    Kill stuff, follow people, click stuff, kill stuff, click stuff, kill end zone boss

Next zone

Kill stuff, follow people, click stuff, kill stuff, click stuff, kill end zone boss

Next zone

Next zone

You get the idea..........

So much for the unrepetitiveness

And don't even start on level 80 gear and the grind on the same event over and over and over and over just to try and get enough gold and/or mats >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ACTUALLY the developer ArenaNET was saying this in multiple interviews when they were dissing other mmo's. GW2 fans were just repeating what the developer said.
    What they've typically been saying, except apparently for that stupid "end game" article they posted recently which feels way off the mark, is that they want to get rid of those required grinds. They don't want you to have to grind out exp to get to max level and then grind out a bunch of gear in easy faceroll content to only THEN get to play the "real game" in raiding.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

What they've typically been saying, except apparently for that stupid "end game" article they posted recently which feels way off the mark, is that they want to get rid of those required grinds. They don't want you to have to grind out exp to get to max level and then grind out a bunch of gear in easy faceroll content to only THEN get to play the "real game" in raiding.
    These guys could have done instanced raids that required skill over gear and FUNDAMENTALLY changed the mmo genre. Instead it boils down to this:

PvP: Guild needed to really excel
    Pve: Solo

There is a clear mis match between pve and pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead they make the entire game easy?

WvW done at any level, zerg fest.

DE's zerg fest.

5 mans, done easily in masterwork gear.

Deleted
    For those that have already gotten map completion (and I sure hope you mean that you did most of the DE's as well, as otherwize you just kind of missed 90% of the game), how many hours have you put into the game?
    I just can't see how people can have finished all maps, including doing most of the events. You must have put in a bizzare amount of time.

B-but that's exactly what happens except the "real game" raiding thing. In GW2 you grind just for the sake of grinding, and not for the sake of reaching a certain level to start raiding. Is that not so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    B-but that's exactly what happens except the "real game" raiding thing. In GW2 you grind just for the sake of grinding, and not for the sake of reaching a certain level to start raiding. Is that not so?
    You grind for a look (the gear sets for high grinding look shit) which no one will look twice at, apart from you.

The whole game is one huge grind, first 80 levelling experience is very cool though.

What game does this remind me off...

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    For those that have already gotten map completion (and I sure hope you mean that you did most of the DE's as well, as otherwize you just kind of missed 90% of the game), how many hours have you put into the game?
    I just can't see how people can have finished all maps, including doing most of the events. You must have put in a bizzare amount of time.
    A lot of the folks who have 100% map completion haven't actually done many events. Map completion doesn't require you to do events, only renown hearts/points of interest/vistas and the like.

Deleted
    Put it this way, the journey was a lot more interesting than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Considering as a thief I could generally solo 4-7 mobs on my own, I'd be inclined to ask for DEs (where you're with 5-10 other people) to have hoards of 50-100 mobs attacking you. Granted it becomes an AoE-extravaganza, but it should make it more difficult. At the moment it's just la la la la afk~.
    Did an event like that. Everyone was aoeing while I tried my best to tag something. Sadly most things instant died when they spawn to the point they would just spawn dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Did an event like that. Everyone was aoeing while I tried my best to tag something. Sadly most things instant died when they spawn to the point they would just spawn dead.
    This is my experience of DE's or doing it solo and not standing a chance because its not tuned for solo play. I actually didnt vote because I never reached end game, but from what I read on here it doesnt sound like it would entertain me seeing as I disliked the levelling to start with.

Deleted
    So the developers don't know their own game? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    So the developers don't know their own game? :s
    Fortunately, the "real game" still starts at level 2.

1. Stop searching for endgame. It does not exist in this game. PvE is just a story about the GW universe, it doesnt matter which level you are.
    2. Solo content is almost non existant in this game aswell. Almost every activity requires you to have a party or, even better, a guild group. This is Guild Wars, not a solo game some games like WoW has become. The feeling out of doing anything solo is very different from doing the same thing but with your mates.
    3. This is a PvP game. If you are looking to stay you gotta like it.
    4. The game is largely unpolished. Dont try to do everything and then leave, concluding that you have beaten the game and it has nothing else to offer. Take your time, enjoy what you like and wait for them to fix other thing so they get better and maybe you can try them again. In the end, there is no subscription fee.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What there's an end game?

I need to log back in ... I must of missed it
    Last edited by peterpan007; 2012-09-15 at 11:17 AM.

I have decided to play GW2 VERY rarely, ONLY when I feel like doing something else for a few hours when it comes to games, since that means I should get quite a lot of "downtime" out of it. Obtaining all ranger pets (not a real challenge though other than finding them), seeing the de's in each zone and hopefully more world bosses. I will treat it like a single-player game, once it is done it is done and I will possibly get expansions if they add significantly different features. I knew before-hand that there wouldn't be anything keeping me at 80 so why hurry? I have already gotten my money's worth out of it so I'm not exactly crying about this. I have other games as well.

Just because there is nothing of value to do at 80 now to a lot of people, that doesn't mean there never will be. If this game survives, it will see growth and expansions and added features.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    2. Solo content is almost non existant in this game aswell. Almost every activity requires you to have a party or, even better, a guild group. This is Guild Wars, not a solo game some games like WoW has become. The feeling out of doing anything solo is very different from doing the same thing but with your mates.
    Yes, because in WoW is is completely possible to beat the highest endgame alone and nobody striving to see it all gets any of the fun that is playing with a tightly knit group, you're correct there... -_-.

Up to level 30 I didn't need a group once, only random people running up to participate and then ressing them as they failed on the most basic mechanics such as jumping out before the wall of fire hits you.

WoW has BOTH solo AND group content AND content requiring you to be in an organized group. I fail to see how that's somehow only negative and the GW2 model is only positive. To my knowledge, having content catering to a wide range of players is only good for a game. Not everyone plays mmorpgs to rely solely on other players, they want stuff to do when friends and guild ain't online/available.

I feel pretty awesome and content when I solo a boss and obtain a mount at that. Solo is only bad if you lack imagination and motivation.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-09-15 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Put it this way, the journey was a lot more interesting than the destination.
    Pretty much this! Not that at level 80 things are bad, it's just that 1-79 is way better.
    Arukas