Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post

If you're interested in the continued development of this addon ... please head over to its new project page. wowace.com/addons/cool-it/
    Got a forbidden acces on wowace page Seems like your new project is still in moderation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladogor View Post
    Whose version do you use? I could not see anybody's cooldowns except mine on both Remota and virtual versions...
    I use my own version. Since this is the first time i take a deeper look into a wow addons code my biggest problem is to find the relevant part of it. At the moment im still searching the cooldown trigger detection to complete the cross realm support.

Thanks for reminding me about the Monk abilities. I added them in to my version as well. I also included each of the abilities level and specialization requirements.

I'm really hoping that inthedrops/paperplates can transfer the source repository over to me soon. It's becoming tedious having to zip the file up and maintain it like this. If anyone has an idea of which forums he browses? I've been trying to get a hold of him.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    Got a forbidden acces on wowace page Seems like your new project is still in moderation.
    Yeah. They won't let me create a new repository because it is an existing addon; Which is slightly annoying at this point. I just want an easy way to get the addon updated and the addon has been abandoned for over a year ... oh well.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 09:19 AM ----------

I've updated my version of the addon and re-uploaded it to my dropbox account (semi-link below). I apologize for not having a real link, this forum still won't let me paste a link.

Download Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/242776/Hermes.zip

Change Log
    • I added in support for the monk class
    • The code that walks through and calculates talents and specialization information has been re-worked
    • I may have taken a step back as far as performance goes. There is a lot of pre-caching that the Hermes code does in order to cache talent trees and specialization information. Seeing as how the talent trees are much more simplified, I decided to just get it working with the latest patch and then add the caching back in as necessary.

Also, if you're upgrading to my version of this addon: You will most likely need to go to your maintenance tab and do a "Full Reset" on your Spell Monitor cache. You may also want to click the "Show" button on your Default Spells and add in any of the spells that are not currently in your spell list.

If you're using my version I highly recommend that you update. I'm also working on getting access to the actual curseforge addon or finding out a way to get a newly created Update repository. Please be patient as I wait to hear from inthedrops or from a curse administrator.

As always ... let me know if you find any issues with the addon. I would really like to get this thing back to stable.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spoodz View Post
    I'd be willing to donate $$ to someone who is able to fix and update the lua's for MoP cooldowns
    I'll take you up on that offer. Took quite some time to get it working, but it's getting there.
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-15 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Try github

Yeah, I've considered it. I do have it in a local github repository, but I'd like to get it integrated in to the curse repository system. Mostly for the curse client and the visibility that comes along with being a part of that network in the addon community.

If I don't hear from the original author and curse admins won't help me out then I will have to go that route.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by teldaril View Post
    I use my own version. Since this is the first time i take a deeper look into a wow addons code my biggest problem is to find the relevant part of it. At the moment im still searching the cooldown trigger detection to complete the cross realm support.
    If you're just interested in the code you can certainly keep looking around the code. The "Cooldown Trigger Detection" would be in the combat_log_event_unfiltered area. However, from what I've seen ... a majority of that code is pretty solid.

If you're just looking to have a working addon, you should be able to download the version that I've posted to drop box. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Deleted
    Hey Virtual, thanks again for your work.

I got your last version on dropbox and got in a LFR DS.

Hermes didn't activate on join. I add to checkin/checkout Party Support on config tab.
    Then, it didn't scan any members upon me

I got my timers OK but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    Hermes didn't activate on join. I add to checkin/checkout Party Support on config tab.
    Then, it didn't scan any members upon me
    Did you do a "Full Reset" on the Maintenance tab? I'm 90% sure that is required after the 5.0 release and just to clear out your old data and start fresh.

I might be able to put some code in place that does that automatically until people get their cache all cleaned out.

Curse Forge Download Link: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...ntinued/files/

I'm hoping that eventually I can take over ownership of the Official release, but until then ... this should work out.

UPDATE: A new version has been posted to the dropbox. On the initial loading of Hermes I'm going to clear out the spell cache. This will make the addon much more chatty for a while, but I think that's better than having to tell everyone to do a "Full Reset" and having the addon just plain not work.

Please feel free to grab the latest version if you're having issues not seeing other peoples abilities.
    Last edited by virtual; 2012-09-15 at 07:27 PM.

Did you do a "Full Reset" on the Maintenance tab? I'm 90% sure that is required after the 5.0 release and just to clear out your old data and start fresh.
    I did that and it just broke the whole thing - no metadata available, I cannot enter it manually and therefore see my own cooldowns only

I've been super busy being lazy But I did finally see and respond to virtual's request to take over the repository on curseforge. It's not a priority for me but I know it'll make virtual's life easier so I'll get to it soon.

Tygera, thanks for the bump. You're a lovely woman, you!
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Vladogor View Post
    I did that and it just broke the whole thing - no metadata available, I cannot enter it manually and therefore see my own cooldowns only
    That's normal. The metadata will be rebuilt as you group with specific classes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplate View Post
    I've been super busy being lazy But I did finally see and respond to virtual's request to take over the repository on curseforge. It's not a priority for me but I know it'll make virtual's life easier so I'll get to it soon.

Tygera, thanks for the bump. You're a lovely woman, you!
    Much appreciated. I sent you all the relevant information on curse forge and I'm looking forward to getting Hermes back to a working state.

Its nice to see someone else pick up the work.

Eddytheone and I were working on a branch but we kinda halted. @Virtual I sent you a PM with a link to our github where you can see the changes including a up to day cooldown list. Feel free to merge the changes you feel necessary.

Glad to see someone willing to take over maintaining it completely.

Deleted
    [...]

If you're just interested in the code you can certainly keep looking around the code. The "Cooldown Trigger Detection" would be in the combat_log_event_unfiltered area. However, from what I've seen ... a majority of that code is pretty solid.

If you're just looking to have a working addon, you should be able to download the version that I've posted to drop box. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any problems with it.
    Thanks! The combat_log_event_unfiltered is exactly what i am looking for. Now my version works with LFR too. Does yours? My problem was the whole addon works with names but the output of some functions and events is name-realm (for cross realm situations) thus some comparisions and list indices were always wrong, but with my recent changes it seems to work properly.

Deleted
    Virtual: i downloaded your version of hermes at CF. All must have hermes or it doenst work? Or your version just doesnt working corretly yet? It doesnt receiving from other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylli View Post
    Virtual: i downloaded your version of hermes at CF. All must have hermes or it doenst work? Or your version just doesnt working corretly yet? It doesnt receiving from other players.
    My version is coming along. You should not have to make everyone install. You will need to do a 'Full Reset' on your spell cache under the Maintenance tab though.

I managed to get ahold of inthedrops/paperplates as well so I'll be getting Hermes back to a working state and then getting curse.com updated.

Please feel free to download the Alpha versions as I get things back up and running. I could also use as much help testing things as I can get. If you find any issues or something that is not working, please try and post a ticket on CurseForge ticket system (link below).

Thanks.

Curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hermes
    Tickets Page: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hermes/tickets/
    Alpha Downloads: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hermes/files/

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 12:19 AM ----------

UPDATE

I just pushed a new version that is getting much better. I'm not going to call it stable just yet, because there are still some issues I know about ... however, it's getting closer.

it's working good, two issues I've had are:

A. It's not able to differentiate a players spec, meaning if I show a Disc priest only spell like "Power Word: Barrier", it shows that all priests in the raid are able to cast it. Trying to add a talent or spec requirement in the spell options but haven't been able to get it to work.

B: It doesn't seem to work in LFR, just doesn't show up for me, although this isn't a big deal cuz noone will be using this addon in LFR. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

overall really good job so far getting this back in a working state. Now just hoping this spec/talent issue is able to be worked out.

A. It's not able to differentiate a players spec, meaning if I show a Disc priest only spell like "Power Word: Barrier", it shows that all priests in the raid are able to cast it. Trying to add a talent or spec requirement in the spell options but haven't been able to get it to work.
    Yup. I've been working on this problem as it's the last real problem that I can find that is keeping it from being back to stable. I'm hoping to have it resolved early this week.

B: It doesn't seem to work in LFR, just doesn't show up for me, although this isn't a big deal cuz noone will be using this addon in LFR. Maybe I'm doing something wrong
    Yup. Unfortunately, I haven't been in an LFR with it recently. I will need to look at a lot of that, because I'm not sure if LFR was actually around when this addon was maintained last. As soon as I get it back to a working state for a normal raid, I will look in to LFR.

overall really good job so far getting this back in a working state. Now just hoping this spec/talent issue is able to be worked out.
    Thanks so much for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

I'm also working with the curse.com team to get it showing up correctly in the Curse Client. From what I've seen in the Curse Download Client ... it is still showing the old version from a year ago. Has this been the case with anyone else? Would someone care to take a screen shot of their curse client if it's showing the updated version? Perhaps it's just a problem on my end?
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

I'm also working with the curse.com team to get it showing up correctly in the Curse Client. From what I've seen in the Curse Download Client ... it is still showing the old version from a year ago. Has this been the case with anyone else? Would someone care to take a screen shot of their curse client if it's showing the updated version? Perhaps it's just a problem on my end?
    Definitely not just you. It shows as Hermes v2.3 with an update to v2.3.3. I've set it to ignore Hermes until I hear that that issue is resolved.

Deleted
    Hello, I got it working on a guild group yesterday. I got the same results as diablo85 :

- Got SLT for an elem sham / DG for an holy pal (Talent spec list returns 1 or 2)
    - LFR was not working.

Other than that, everything seems to be working

Thanks !

Deleted
    Hermes is showing Pain suppression & pw: barrier for holy & shadow priests (after reset)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Update
    I've pushed v2.3.6 up to the Hermes Project site on Curse. This should address the issue of a party/raid member swapping specs in the middle of the group/raid.

Download the latest version from curse.com: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hermes

I'm still waiting to hear from the curse team on why it isn't updating itself in the curse client. Sorry about that, but there's not much I can do other than keep asking them about it.

Thanks so much for all the error reporting and testing. Please keep it coming.

Other Information

Updating Specialization specific spells and Talent choices
    I still need to go through all of the new and removed 5.0.4 talents. Which talents are specialization specific (Guardian Spirit) and which are Talent specific (Angelic Feather) and get those updated. I'm hoping to do that this week.

UI Management of Spells
    I need to re-work some of the UI code to take in to account some of the data structure changes I had to make around talents and specializations. They changed so much in 5.0 that I was able to simplify the way they are stored. However, managing those requirements through the UI is more of an advanced user thing so I'm hoping a majority of the users out there won't run in to it just yet.

Performance
    Some of the changes I've made could quite possibly be affecting performance. I've had to get accustomed to the code base and in the process I've had to remove quite a bit of "performance" based code. I don't think it's all that bad, but I will eventually get around to making it more performant. At this point my main focus is just getting it back to a working state.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remota View Post
    Hermes is showing Pain suppression & pw: barrier for holy & shadow priests (after reset)
    Thank you! Uploaded an Alpha version of this. Feel free to download it and let me know if it fixes it.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/her...-6-1-ge5facbf/

I will get a "Release" version out as soon as I have time to go through and get all the spells updated correctly. Hopefully tonight.

Feel free to help out with any other specialization spells or talents that I'm missing or have incorrect as well. Might save me some time!
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.