Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs down Arathor battle tabard / Battle tabard of the defilers gone!!

Dinged exalted with Arathi basin after 5.0.4 and found it odd there was no quest for the tabard (5bases) browsed some forum posts where ppl said they got gm's to plant the quest, after about 5 tickets got a response like this:

"I investigated the character you linked originally. The Game Master that gave them the quest did so without any approval and appears to have had very little knowledge of the repercussions of what they were doing.

I've informed our management about this situation. We are not starting the quest for players at this time as we have not had the removal of the quest confirmed as a bug. It will remain out of the game until further notice.

Best regards"

So yeah, kinda sucks for people like me who completed the grind just after 5.0.4, and then they take it away with no warnings, find it abit odd though..
    So basically if its not a bug, it means it's gone right? Why didnt they warn us? Its kind of a huge trophy, doesnt go well with their desing philosophy (remember naxx drake)

15+ Year Old Account
    THEY DID WHAT?

God damn it... I was a few wins away of getting it...

Well, that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh well, less reason for me to do pvp now.

Deleted
    Really? It takes absolutely forever to get to exalted with the defilers, it's one of the things I'd still consider a damn good achievement in WoW if you've managed that grind after the token handins were gone. Can't believe they'd remove that if it's not a bug.

Deleted
    Should ask this on either official forums or twitter, and see what they respond with (if anything, I hope). I was planning on getting the tabard during Mists, quite disappointed now.

That's great loss because Defiler's tabard is best looking tabard in game - I brought two horde chars to exalted only for this. It fits to almost every druid tier (as there is a lot of green colour) and skull symbol looks amazing on undead. I hope its some kind of bug and will be fixed soon.

That has to be a bug, it hasnt exactly become easier to grind out the rep. Hell it was easier back when you could hand in tokens.
    What strikes me as odd, is that it has been posted on official forums aswell, yet no official blue has replied up till this point.

Probably to busy in OMGCATPIC posts.

I got the tabard on my rogue. Did they remove it from ppl who got it during wolk??

I cant log in to check atm.

Deleted
    Glad i finished the AB grind last summer, i really hope they reimplement it cause it would suck for ppl to not obtain it anymore.
    imo everyone that got that far with the reputation deserves it, cause it took enough time to get there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I got the tabard on my rogue. Did they remove it from ppl who got it during wolk??

I cant log in to check atm.
    you cant obtain it atm it seems, but they havent removed it from chars who already got it.

It's a bug, ask a GM to put the quest in your quest log. Seen people do this when they said they couldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Ohh well, less reason for me to do pvp now.
    you cant be serious

Glad i got mine years and years ago, still use it on my pvp set
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-09-16 at 08:16 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

This was on my "To-do" list before patch 5.0.4
    i got it done before 5.0 was out and i still have the tabard <3 (EU if that matters)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    It's a bug, ask a GM to put the quest in your quest log. Seen people do this when they said they couldn't get it.
    I guess you didn't read what i wrote, I have asked several GM's to put it in my quest log! I've made 5 tickets in-game and 3 in the account page..
    The GM even commented on planting the quest log "The Game Master that gave them the quest did so without any approval and appears to have had very little knowledge of the repercussions of what they were doing"

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfang View Post
    Should ask this on either official forums or twitter, and see what they respond with (if anything, I hope). I was planning on getting the tabard during Mists, quite disappointed now.
    There has been posts on EU forums but no blue ever answers there, and if they answer its some generic bs :P
    If theres anyone concerned from US please try and post about it in US forums since i would really like to get a confirmation for this, never before saw they taking a tabard out of the game without atleast warning about it first!

That does suck. I was never going to get it, but the tabards were a nice bit of proof that someone spent all that time grinding it.

Wow... I managed to get the quest done (wasn't pvping much after I got exalted) right before patch. I got lucky. Hopefully they fix it in the future.

Good thing I got mine in 2006 or something , I use it on my Field Marshal PVP transmog set and it looks great !

10+ Year Old Account
    damn, that's too bad. my favorite tabard too. I wonder if they're gonna fix it or make it a feat of strength or something.