Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And also @Buu. I just basically pasted what people were speculating on some of the first comments in the first link that was put up on this page by Nerraw. Let us have our fun.

Deleted
    As long as Aria becomes a temporary companion at least for the duration of the DLC, I'll be a happy Shepard-Commander. Love the quality that Carrie-Anne Moss put into the voicework.

I was trying to make a very bad pun on http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3004

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    As long as Aria becomes a temporary companion at least for the duration of the DLC, I'll be a happy Shepard-Commander. Love the quality that Carrie-Anne Moss put into the voicework.
    I will be happy if there is an option to side with Patriarch. I'd still side with Aria, but I'd like there to be choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, ME3 did have its funny moments. EDI made me chuckle a few times and the shooting contest with Garrus was rather funny
    You forgot the emergency induction port:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    You forgot the emergency induction port:P
    That's a straw, Tali.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    That's a straw, Tali.
    Too me, this is the funniest scene in the whole series:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Too me, this is the funniest scene in the whole series:

[video=youtube_share;fw4mUn--aeU]http://youtu.be/fw4mUn--aeU[video]
    I've never seen this before. Is this the scientist that takes Mordin's place if he dies before ME3?

The answer is propably clear as water, but it's still early for me and I want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I've never seen this before. Is this the scientist that takes Mordin's place if he dies before ME3?

The answer is propably clear as water, but it's still early for me and I want to know!
    Yep, it's the guy you meet on Sur'kesh. He fills in for Mordin if he died in ME2.

Fun fact: He's named after Patrick Weekes (writer) by one of the other writers, John Dombrow. In return, Weekes named a character after Dombrow (Jondum Bau).

Deleted

"Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike

@comicbookguy_UK my point was that we didn't strip anything out of the game and resell as dlc. "
    Like say...
    From Ashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    "Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike

@comicbookguy_UK my point was that we didn't strip anything out of the game and resell as dlc. "
    Like say...
    From Ashes?
    Sometimes the core plot of a game changes during development. Would you rather have had them scrap the character completely?

Deleted
    Sometimes the core plot of a game changes during development. Would you rather have had them scrap the character completely?
    The game was finished in january (count the months to release) and they made from Ashes that "This week, BioWare confirmed that the DLC pack, which was always planned as free content for Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners, will be available immediately for everyone else at $10 (800 Microsoft Points) when Mass Effect 3 arrives on March 6 in the US, and March 9 everywhere else."

There was definatly time to work it into the actual game, but they decided to ignore that and release it as a Day 1 DLC for extra cash.

The game was finished in january (count the months to release) and they made from Ashes that "This week, BioWare confirmed that the DLC pack, which was always planned as free content for Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners, will be available immediately for everyone else at $10 (800 Microsoft Points) when Mass Effect 3 arrives on March 6 in the US, and March 9 everywhere else."

There was definatly time to work it into the actual game, but they decided to ignore that and release it as a Day 1 DLC for extra cash.
    Blame the consoles. Certification generally takes around two months when it has to go through Microsoft and Sony. instead of sitting on their hands in that time, they kept working.

And why do you think we paid more for the CE than the regular game purchasers? We paid for the DLC, just as everyone else did.

Deleted
    Why do you think the CE cost more than the regular game box?
    Because they made From Ashes just to hike up the price.

Deleted
    I'm not sure the collector's edition would have been worth it if all you'd have gotten was an in-game hoodie.

(Okay, it looks cool, but still)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    I'm not sure the collector's edition would have been worth it if all you'd have gotten was an in-game hoodie.

(Okay, it looks cool, but still)
    I think there was a bit more included in the CE than just the DLC and the hoodie... Such things as these.

Collectors Edition includes
    * Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
    * 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
    * Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
    * Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
    * Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
    * A full collection of in-game content that can't be found anywhere else!
    * N7 Arsenal Pack - Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
    * Robotic Dog - A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
    * Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack - New appearances for your favorite squad members.
    * Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
    * Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

I just had to go smartass for a moment. 8D

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I think it was the funniest mass effect game. From prothy the prothean to shooting skeet with garrus on the citadel I was glad to see Bioware got their touch for humor back. Da2 and swtor certainly weren't AS funny as me3 was at any rate.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 03:00 PM ----------

Blame the consoles. Certification generally takes around two months when it has to go through Microsoft and Sony. instead of sitting on their hands in that time, they kept working.

And why do you think we paid more for the CE than the regular game purchasers? We paid for the DLC, just as everyone else did.
    Which is in and of itself absurd. I mean why does it take so long to certify the game? and furthermore you figure by this point EA and MS/SONY would have figured out some sort of deal to streamline this process...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Which is in and of itself absurd. I mean why does it take so long to certify the game? and furthermore you figure by this point EA and MS/SONY would have figured out some sort of deal to streamline this process...
    I haven't got a clue. It sucks, but that's how it is these days.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 09:36 PM ----------

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...XukpSn2HQ2.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

It was worked into the game for collectors editions. Selling something that is only for CE editions of the game as day one DLC isn't the same as stopping it from being part of the game just to sell as day one DLC. Besides who cares is an extra optional side thing that has no impact on the actual mass effect game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. Even after all this time, it's just so amazing.