Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    No JP. No jack shit.
    i got 168 jp thats inc the 20% jp guild perk

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    this looks horrible. just aoe the whole instance down and no challenge? i guess wow really is casual now
    scenarios are not meant to be hardcore content.. 3 people tank and healer optional.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it was going to be easy, I mean all 3 of us were 390+ ilvl AND it's meant to be quite doable without tank/healer. But this is a bit undertuned still tbh. No need to look for who's where, which mob is the strongest or anything cos they go down as soon as you look at them.

Which brings me to the main problem: It's just all so short! The story doesn't come alive or anything, nor is there enough dialogue.
    I'd very much like the idea of a scenario where you needn't worry about how well you perform, but where you can just indulge in the story. Theramore is the first, but not the second. And its extreme ease makes that even worse.

If it's a good story, told in a decent fashion, I'll keep coming back to it. I spammed the ICC 5mans months after I was done with collecting gear, just because they were so awesome, especially... I digress.

What I'm trying to say is: Blizz should make Scenario's like those dungeons, but easier (there's a place and time for easy content just as well as challenging content). Bosses could have so much health that they take 5 minutes to kill, as long as they don't do alot of damage. Then they would really have something, Theramore right now is just.. meh.

Well it obviously is an event for players with 353 ilvl. Why this is so I can't explain. At this point 90% of players should at least be somewhere around 380. And since it will only exist this week, it won't even entertain further twinks. Even better, if you are one of the few players with an ilvl between 353 - 360 you are bound to be paired with two 390-410 players, and therefore will be carried anyway.

Why not design this event for ilvl 393 and reach the majority of players instead? If I remember correctly there were epic 420 weapons for lvl 85 and it was assumed they will accompany the modified Theramore event. Something might have changed their minds and I wonder what.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    No you don't get it, scenarios are 3 man heroic dungeons, that's what they are, they surely can't just be queueable group quests.
    No, they ARE just queueable group quests! They are mainly for story progression. A blue described them like this:

Scenarios are going to be (subject to change) short instanced 2-3 player experience that do not require you to have the normal requirements of a dungeon, I.E. Tanks/Healers. If you like, you can consider scenarios as a very quick series of group quests with an option to queue available

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    moar free epix
    ilevel 384, basically useless for most 85 toons. When most have around 400+...
    Scratch "free epix" replace with free vendor gold and maybe transmog items.

Deleted
    so yea is that all the pre xpac event consists of?? theres no story or nothing to connect it to anything or did i miss something? just click a few bombs n kill some easy guards etc? you wouldnt think theres a new xpac out in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    Well it obviously is an event for players with 353 ilvl. Why this is so I can't explain. At this point 90% of players should at least be somewhere around 380. And since it will only exist this week, it won't even entertain further twinks. Even better, if you are one of the few players with an ilvl between 353 - 360 you are bound to be paired with two 390-410 players, and therefore will be carried anyway.

Why not design this event for ilvl 393 and reach the majority of players instead? If I remember correctly there were epic 420 weapons for lvl 85 and it was assumed they will accompany the modified Theramore event. Something might have changed their minds and I wonder what.
    This Scenario will be returning re-tuned for level 90s, so nobody will miss out.

Deleted
    Basically a boring quest for 3 people in place of a world event? Oh Blizzard, when will you learn that you need to up your game.

No you don't get it, scenarios are 3 man heroic dungeons, that's what they are, they surely can't just be queueable group quests.
    read the post under you... where on earth do you get that scenarios are 3man hc dungeons... dense much???

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    If you like, you can consider scenarios as a very quick series of group quests with an option to queue available"[/I]

Seems like that's what we got (except the queuing is messed up just now, I think)
    Except that for my taste, they're too fast cos of ease (as I said, stuff needs to live longer, but no need for stuff to do much damage), and, partly because of that, there isn't enough story to take away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlark View Post
    Which brings me to the main problem: It's just all so short! The story doesn't come alive or anything, nor is there enough dialogue.
    I think this is my biggest gripe - I turned my sound and music on just for the scenario, I think the only thing I heard was the elf at the end when I was handing it in - if they're going for scenarios being story delivery, I think a bit more dialogue is needed - even if it's not voiced.

I entered and got no dialogue - just a quest to blow some ships up.
    I told a goblin I had done that.
    I then told a blood elf that I wasn't going to free him, was surprised and entertained to get an amusing retort, then freed him - got some more nice dialogue and a sweet cutscene.

A voiced intro or some periodic dialogue, text or voice between objectives would have added a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what i seen, MoP Beta is very nice (in my optinion)

But this event/scenario is SHIT, SHITTY DONKEY BULLCRAPSHIT.
    A 12 year old could design better in 20 minutes.
    Sorry Blizzard, no story, no challange no nothing, come in goblins drop the bomb kill everybody, good guy jaina "uhh what do we do, call the nanny for bad orc".

Sorry. It's bad, more mad then guild wars pve and THATS bad.

So if goblins just drop a fucking bomb everywhere without gettin harmed, so why not Stormwind?

You better did no event then this piece of shit

2:55 describes the scenario very well
    Last edited by Florentzia; 2012-09-17 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    ilevel 384, basically useless for most 85 toons. When most have around 400+...
    Scratch "free epix" replace with free vendor gold and maybe transmog items.
    The avg ilvl required to queue is 353 ... anyone around that level will be able to use the upgrades.

There's a very disappointing "if it's not useful to me it's worthless for everyone" mentality ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't care if it was easy or not...
    I don't care about the loot.

I just wanted an awesome story-driven "instance".
    With small cutscenes, characters that I knew going around being nice.
    The story was shit on Horde side, anyway... I really did not get a clue of why/how the Horde had suddenly got hold of the Theramore docks... There was 1 Horde ship and 6(?) Alliance ships...
    I also wonder what the Theramore army was doing, until the ships blew up.
    "Oh well, it's game-mechanics!", oh well, it's boring then. I wanted something simulating war! I didn't get that, I don't know why I expected it... (Wet dreams)

I didn't even get to see Jaina on the Horde side, why were she not defending her port? O'Jaina, where are you?

Deleted
    That was really underwhelming. If that's all the scenarios are then they are a disappointment I feel they could of done better than that.

Was Blizzard actually boasting about scenarios being an brilliant new addition to the game? Id have thought that showing off a new feature along with promoting MoP should have felt more epic than that.

Deleted
    This event sucks ass! Totally boring...

Where the hell did you get THAT idea from?

Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia View Post

A 12 year old could design better in 20 minutes.
    Sorry Blizzard, no story, no challange no nothing, come in goblins drop the bomb kill everybody, good guy jaina "uhh what do we do, call the nanny for bad orc".

So if goblins just drop a fucking bomb everywhere without gettin harmed, so why not Stormwind?
    No, they couldn't. Quit being a drama queen.

I've left in all the parts that make you look like a idiot (Bravo) for not understand why theramore was attacked, or any of the story behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    Where the hell did you get THAT idea from?
    Read as: Sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys.... can't you wrap your head around the facts?

1. It's not a World "event", as we used to have them before.. btw. I remember very very well the bitching orgy about how lame the Cata events have been..
    This time we don't have any event.

2. What we got is nothing but a sneak peek into a new feature, which we get to do more once MOP comes out. And once that's the case we will have more satisfaction from the scenarios, given we do them at the appropriate time of the progress they are meant for.

3. Challenging.. NEVER was any of the launch events challenging, nor ever was any of the holiday bosses, with which it can be compared best.
    For challenges we getting challenge modes, and those will always be challenging, even when we outgear them, because they do scaling and brings us down to an approriate level of gear.

Take it for exactly that. A sneak peek.... Not more, not less.

The question whether we would have wanted a different kind of "launch event" is a whole other story.