Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    But feeling the need to complete ALL of the Asura areas and ALL of the Slyrvari areas and ALL of the Human areas just so I could reach Orr, wasn't so fun. It was enjoyable, but it felt un-necesairy. I was going to do it anyways, but what about the people that don't care about world completion?
    do these people care about level capping? Because the numbers of the zones are arbitrary. They could just hide the numbers and let you run around until a magical bell sounded, but it could still take the same amount of zones completed. Would this really be better? People are stuck in this mindset that we should pay attention to the level numbers and having to do anything lower than yourself in order to do something higher is insulting.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?????

People should realize that this is a game, one that is designed to be completionist. Take a different game, like Batman:Arkham City, where you don't 'really' level up, but the more things you do -> the more abilities you get. Would the game have been different if sections of the map had levels and as you progressed you got higher than them? No. It would play the same way. This is that exact same concept.

The ENTIRE game is the content and the experience. You are supposed to have to do more than you think you need to level up. This is why I refute people who say this game isn't progressive. It's not a radical or new idea, but the implementation of it was brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I dont understand when I read people having issues being under lvl'd. I have never once had any issue with this and I am constantly over lvl'd for the areas I go too. I can only imagine you either dont craft at all, dont pvp at all or something. Hell I barely pvp really. Sometimes to change things up but not enough for it to be a huge factor and I have no lvling issues.

As for the topic.. no I kinda like lvls. I dont know why but I do and really have no need for them to be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that "level" is an archaic concept, but I don't see why all this drama about being lvl 29 with your personal story at lvl 30...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I dont understand when I read people having issues being under lvl'd. I have never once had any issue with this and I am constantly over lvl'd for the areas I go too. I can only imagine you either dont craft at all, dont pvp at all or something. Hell I barely pvp really. Sometimes to change things up but not enough for it to be a huge factor and I have no lvling issues.

As for the topic.. no I kinda like lvls. I dont know why but I do and really have no need for them to be removed.
    Dunno, might have something to do with the races. My Human at level 57 has 44% Map Completion and had to change areas a lot, my Asura at 56 however only has 30% Map Completion, going from one area to the next without ever having problems. (Even though the problems just started, having to be 59 for the next personal story quest which is in Lion's Arch. If it were in a 55-65 area, it'd be no problem. But .. yeah, guess I'll have to do some starting areas... again.. *cheer*)

And it's not like I played them vastly different. I did professions, I did every event that popped up and gathered every node within a reasonable distance.