Deleted

Question Convince me to buy GW 2.

Hey there,

I've been playing WoW since 2005 and enjoyed it for the most of the time. PvP is still the thing i enjoy the most and it was only reason for me to raid back then in Vanilla to get great items for pvp (There was no resilence etc).

First, other than WoW, mmo game that brought my attention was GW 2. I saw quite a lot videos and read some articles but I'm still not convinced.
    The things I already like in GW 2 are: massive WvW battles, no flying mounts, great looking armors, jumping puzzles, dynamic events, crafting system, graphics.
    The things I'm lookin for in GW 2 are: ofc PvP and pvp gear grind, achievements, crafting, collecting cool item sets / weapons, and little PvE.
    Im not intrested in playing many characters / alts.

I'd like to ask some questions:
    If i get to lvl 80 in and have all zones completed 100% what options I got in character advancement in GW 2?
    Is there any long term goal in that game, like getting awsome title for PvP or to collect armors?
    Are there any ranked matches, arenas for more advancement PvP?
    Is it possible for very good PvP player to get awesome gear and solo two other players at the same time?
    Are there any legendary items that can be crafted after long term grind?
    Are there many achivements in GW 2 ?

Im just asking if that game can give more than just 80 -140 hrs of gameplay and keep me occupied for months.

Cheers ^^

There's absolutely no reason to play GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    agree, it has no end game, same as D3, it won't last u long enough.2 mil people bough the game, only 400k are playing aka most of them got bored.
    Last edited by Th3D0n; 2012-09-18 at 05:19 PM.

$60 I wish I could have back.

Do not buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyen View Post
    Convince me to buy GW 2.
    Sorry but, no, its up to you to decide,

Oh, what the hell.

Buy GW2!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyen View Post
    I'd like to ask some questions:
    If i get to lvl 80 in and have all zones completed 100% what options I got in character advancement in GW 2?
    Is there any long term goal in that game, like getting awsome title for PvP or to collect armors?
    Are there any ranked matches, arenas for more advancement PvP?
    Is it possible for very good PvP player to get awesome gear and solo two other players at the same time?
    Are there any legendary items that can be crafted after long term grind?
    Are there many achivements in GW 2 ?

Im just asking if that game can give more than just 80 -140 hrs of gameplay and keep me occupied for months.

Cheers ^^
    There's not much gear grind at 80, if that is what you are asking. The best statted gear can for the most part be bought or crafted immediately at 80. There's dungeons to do that reward mostly cosmetic gear. And there's always PVP.

There are titles but I don't know how to get them. There are a lot of cosmetic collections to complete, including armor.

There's no WoW Arena style ranked PVP at the moment, but I believe there's supposed to be a tournament system.

In sPVP, everyone has the same stat balance. You can change which stats, but not how much in total. In WvW you use your PvE gear. Most classes can take on multiple opponents and win if played skillfully depending on matchup.

There are legendary weapons that require legendary time input. They are mostly cosmetic, I believe.

There are achievements.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    ^

Is it a good game overall ? Sure. However there is literally no reason to play it, unless you have friends that play (IRL or from another game) there are so many random people doing their own thing it makes it hard to find people that want to play together outside of WvWvW since pretty much everything is solo (aside from end bosses of quests / dynamic events etc)

A friend of mine just hit 80 and there is basically nothing to do, I am sure there are things that can be done but WvWvW is basically it for any type of "competition"

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    agree, it has no end game, same as D3, it won't last u long enough.2 mil people bough the game, only 400k are playing aka most of them got bored.
    Look who doesn't understand what concurrent means.

These forums aren't here to convince you to purchase a game. If you have questions about the game, there are tons of threads packed full of information (including an amazing sticky). Additionally, if you have specific questions, feel free to find a related thread and ask there, or create a new thread if you haven't found a thread that's appropriate.