Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Awesome, ty!

Deleted
    GG for Valithria

This is just facinating, you gave me a reason to play balance (with HC Alysrazor)
    What are your feelings for this encounter? Pleasant and hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    tried Rage Winterchill yesterday as a Guardian (370 ilvl) he enraged on 1 mil hp. Should i try him as cat?
    armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D0%B0/advanced
    I'd suggest trying it as Feral. His melee hits really aren't an issue, so bear doesn't help too much.
    Plus, that weapon is not helping at all, so I'd imagine bear is hitting like a pillow at low vengeance.

Valithria solo! I might try it as resto next week, but we will see. Doable as balance at least.
    Aw, I want to try that now . I'm really liking Balance solo post-5.0.

Currently waiting on Wintergrasp to try E,W,&F again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    GG for Valithria

This is just facinating, you gave me a reason to play balance (with HC Alysrazor)
    What are your feelings for this encounter? Pleasant and hard?
    Feelings for Alys? The fight itself is really easy but it is a gear check and rotation check. If you're slow adapting to the crazy haste and crit, it might take a while. Also I'd guess that Dragonwrath is a must.

I liked the encounter a lot. The rotation is really fun and the buffs make it even more fun! I don't think it's too entertaining for all, but I just like mashing my rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Aw, I want to try that now . I'm really liking Balance solo post-5.0.
    I wouldn't suggest, it was a nightmare getting the last 5% to the boss's hp before the soft enrage hit. >.< Though if you're up for a challenge, go for it!

Feelings for Alys? The fight itself is really easy but it is a gear check and rotation check. If you're slow adapting to the crazy haste and crit, it might take a while. Also I'd guess that Dragonwrath is a must.

I liked the encounter a lot. The rotation is really fun and the buffs make it even more fun! I don't think it's too entertaining for all, but I just like mashing my rotation.

I wouldn't suggest, it was a nightmare getting the last 5% to the boss's hp before the soft enrage hit. >.< Though if you're up for a challenge, go for it!
    I'd have to get help on Gunship, and if the same group helps me I kind of owe them a H-LK kill . I suspect that'll be something I breeze through at 90 for fun later.

But I just knocked out H-Alys (401 equipped, no DW). I mean, yeah, I killed it on the 3rd try (first two wipes to enrage) during the 3rd tornado phase, but the DPS requirement isn't too high. Biggest challenge for me was how much more random the rings are on Heroic, most of the patterns I knew didn't work anymore.

Well, that, and getting used to using starsurge every other cast.

How are Gluth naxx10 post patch? I know it was done as feral, but I cant seem to do it anymore, maybe just one of thoes extreme hard fights.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Waouw, Don't know how to play balance spec is now a shame

MoP arrive in just one week so it's time for doing the lasts ''possibles'' things in lvl 85 soloing.

For soloing ideas : Iron Council HM (80% life for the last [the big], I think it's doable but really a big challenge for the survival).
    Mimiron HM which is the best dps/vengeance gear for me (with the up).
    Yogg-0, I just arrived in P3, and I died
    Auriaya HM : Why not? I have not tried but it's a balance between dps and survival.
    Rotface 25 : I tried him for the fun and seriously... 36% and... enrage ! I survived to the enrage about 30 seconds so 23% finally (three shots !)

Edit : Lana'thel impossible before lvl 90, she waits 15 seconds before the first bite, and the treants are active for... 15 seconds !

Heroic Kiril, it's your last Wednesday so please, do not disappoint me !

For Gluth I'll go to try if i've got the time but impossible to heal you with debuff... = not easy

For gluth, I ended up kiting with Nitro boosts whenever I wanted to drop my debuff stack. I haven't checked if FoN taunts naxx bosses, but that's something worth checking if you're there.
    Otherwise, without nitros, the best bet is probably to get him to eat a ghoul and stampeding roar away in cat form.

Edit : Lana'thel impossible before lvl 90, she waits 15 seconds before the first bite, and the treants are active for... 15 seconds !
    Night elves have done it in the past with shadowmeld. Timed well enough (right as she goes to bite), it gets her to bite a pet or something, then she doesn't bite again for whatever reason. I'd imagine the same is possible with Feral Incarnation and a target dummy (maybe), assuming Feral can survive against her without being a vampire.

And, of course, give us level 90 DPS and the DPS specs should be able to destroy her before the vampire debuff becomes an issue.

But I just knocked out H-Alys (401 equipped, no DW). I mean, yeah, I killed it on the 3rd try (first two wipes to enrage) during the 3rd tornado phase, but the DPS requirement isn't too high. Biggest challenge for me was how much more random the rings are on Heroic, most of the patterns I knew didn't work anymore.
    Oh, ok. Well, I did end with a minute to spare and took like 40% on the first go from Alys. It's not difficult at all now then. I'm bad at estimating things.

I think if I were any lower than I was, killing it would have been a nightmare. I had to do quite a bit of damage during the tornado phases just to scrape by. DMC:V still being part of my boomkin set does kind of hurt, though (though it's been a very good trinket purchase, lasted a long time).

Earth, Wind, and Fire down this week .

For gluth, I ended up kiting with Nitro boosts whenever I wanted to drop my debuff stack. I haven't checked if FoN taunts naxx bosses, but that's something worth checking if you're there.
    Otherwise, without nitros, the best bet is probably to get him to eat a ghoul and stampeding roar away in cat form.
    Thanks Seems like another boss where nitro owns, much like Koralon fire boss in VOA (Trough hes much easiere now days)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    2 days before MoP... and a new encounter defeated, in extremis.

It was hard, really, 98 wipes, more difficult than H LK... But Kiril HM feel Wednesday, and, together, we are better ! (Just 7-8% of gain)

Mimiron HM :

A fabulous dps race, not like the old challenge, but we can survival to an ''eleven minute'' with all the CDs.
    This is due to the boss up with 5.0.4, he won about 80% of life.

A second is a second, and one second can create a win

PS : Lots of bugs have been present during the collection of stones in P3.
    More, there are a lot of tips for gain time.

Maybe Iron Council doable, P3 at 80% for the moment but I have not tried much.

Good call on Iron Council, that was fun and VERY weird figuring out how best to handle vengeance for it. Also, I got very lucky on rune of power timing, killed it my first pull into p3 because I had a rune of power spawn right as it started. 200k on every hit ftw!

I'll get a video up later and talk about what I mean a bit more in depth .

I found taking as much damage as possible early, when I still had CDs, was the best way to do the fight. It gave me enough vengeance to kill them before they could kill me, not to mention buffing my heals up to where I could cope with p2/3 damage.

Lucky moments:

Fusion punch landed while there were still two runes of power up to buff it. This may not sound like a good thing, but it was worth a lot of vengeance to get hit that hard that early, and berserk made healing through it simple.
    Molgeim cast rune of power right before he died, giving me 50% bonus damage for p3. Sure, it buffed Steelbreaker too, but that didn't matter because:
    Steelbreaker's fusion punch was interrupted when molgeim died, and he died moments before he finished another cast. Made p3 healing a breeze, since he only landed 1 fusion punch all phase.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-09-23 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone else having problems with Alysrazor resetting when she swoops down?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Anyone else having problems with Alysrazor resetting when she swoops down?
    That was a pretty common problem pre-patch as well. Just make sure to stay close to her and always be attacking her, particularly when she's about to start molting.

And shoot, now that this is bumped, I suppose I should actually think about updating it .

Combat against Normal 10 - Lord Rhyolith (0%) ended after 7 minutes and 46 seconds.
    QQ.

Gave up on Rhyo, not because it's impossible, but because of damned RNG (oh hai, I spawned 2 of my first 3 volcanoes half a step in front of me and the 3rd way in the back, have a good wipe!)
    Beth down though.

Naturally. Give one shot to rhyolith today, kill it on first go.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-10-14 at 10:59 PM.

Is it just me or did something change for Malygos? I usually rape him in P3 and never drop below 50% health. He raped me ... using 1 1 2 3 as always ... I didn't notice my Drake's health .. maybe a stealth change and it no longer scales?

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logandros View Post
    Is it just me or did something change for Malygos? I usually rape him in P3 and never drop below 50% health. He raped me ... using 1 1 2 3 as always ... I didn't notice my Drake's health .. maybe a stealth change and it no longer scales?
    Ok nevermind, after a restart all seems fixed. Not sure what it was ... ilvl issue or Drake issue but whatever the restart was for this morning, it fixed my Malygos soloing skills..

Any updates on soloing Black Temple at 90, especially RoS?

I'm levelling my druid (87 atm), would love to see the possibilities for soloing old content once I hit 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    Hi,

Just for give a reponse Oneru, I think, RoS will not be doable before 5.2 or more...
    The reason is easy, you've got 10 seconds for 1M6 damages without vengeance (14 with the cs and 18 with cs+ glyph), so for 18 sec your need about 85k+ dps.

- Halfus is doable with a correct heroic stuff (ilvl 458+)
    - Morchok is a little challenge but he's not really difficult.
    - For the Beth, fourth try with nature vigil (I forgot it for 10-15 trys... it's a different world).

- Just thirty minutes ago, I killed Valiona at only 1 second of the enrage. It was really a dps check, the blackout doesn't give vengeance = 15k for all the fight and it's difficult to use Maul... about 20 trys with ilvl 478 (2 trikets and weapon 463n unfortunately...) = 42k918 dps.
    - Tomorrow Ascendant Council maybe *_* one of the brighest encounters of WoW
    - I don't know for the Cho'Gall, but, I think, the treants ''FoN'' could be a way for the gestion of stacks...

theoretically, Al'Akir doable, Atramedes too.

For BWD,I think we need to wait, the boss are really insane with damages (Chimaeron maybe doable but not Magmaw,SDO,Maloriak and Nefarian with this level of stuff)... SDO soon.

Firelands = Beth, Ryo and (maybe for him) Baleroc doable actually. (Shannox hit too hard = big survival/dps check/ Ragnaros is the trophy...)

Dragon Soul is an other world, without vengeance mecanisms, it will not be easy to pass the enrages.

Hello Braindwen.

First off, love the solo vids. Very inspiring to say the least.

Just wanted to fill in the blanks for Sunwell Plateau, since I soloed Brutallis onwards last week:
    *I was in about 459 gear, reforged for dodge on this run, so doable in heroic gear.
    *Also my spec was : 15, FS / 30, Renewel / 45 Typhoon / 60, Incarnation / 75, Ursol's Vortex / 90, HoTW

Brutallus : Medium. If you can survive to about 50% without using any cooldowns, you can solo this boss. Use Berserk and Incarnation late in the fight (50k Vengence was my guide to use these abilities). Pool up at least 60 rage for large burst healing for after Meteor Slash. Use SI and BS later in the fight. MoU and Renewel is nice if you can't use SI or BS. I also used one Brewfest Stamina Trinket, but probably not needed*

Felmyst : Easy. Went feral for this fight to kill her quicker, since I failed on the gas clouds on my first attempt

Eradar twins : Easy. Had no real tactic for this fight. Conflag is annoying but not a huge killer. Kill one twin asap, then kill the other.

Mu'ru: Easy. Kill him

Kil'jaeden: Easy. Kill him

Zul'Gurub
    High Priestess Kilnara: Medium. Kill two packs of Panthers, then kill the second pack of 2 groups of Panthers. Use Berserk on one pack, then Incarnation on the second pack (or vice versa). Took me about 5 attempts to kill her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzDYEsqTtLQ

High prestess kilnara, hehe if you are impatient like me, you can push her to 50% and have all 4 packs at once, pop survival cds and spam aoeeeee
    Wish I had more time to try soloing things and MORE SPECS
    Needing to go resto and dps for raiding leaves me no room for guardian anymore