Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dunno js but your add on has been steady as a rock since I installed it and the transition from serenity had been smooth. Are you planning to release anymore mods and if so what have you got planned ?

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I dunno js but your add on has been steady as a rock since I installed it and the transition from serenity had been smooth. Are you planning to release anymore mods and if so what have you got planned ?
    Good question.

Things to come to JSHB:
    - Timers as Icons, not moving will be back.
    - Stack bars as squares under or over the focus bar or separate from the bar.
    - DK Support.
    - Logarithmic timer movement.

I keep pushing back updates due to paying work, but it's getting there slowly.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 01:49 PM ----------

OK, so I need some input (again).

Looks like what I am going to do is add an option to timers to make them "stationary". As in, Icons that always stay visible, if active and based on alpha settings.
    This will change the moving timers to stationary timers, for those that wanted this change.

I would like to know if anyone actually uses the flash, spin and grow settings for timers? I'm debating stripping the code out if people do not use this.

I told you that your decision to completely remove Timer Icons was wrong, people will ask for it.
    I would like to know if anyone actually uses the flash, spin and grow settings for timers? I'm debating stripping the code out if people do not use this.
    I think just adding stationary icons will be enough without special effects, but currently I'm using TMW to configure buffs/debuffs/CD, so thats not that important for me.
    Thanks for addon, keep up your good work.

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Good question.

Things to come to JSHB:
    - Timers as Icons, not moving will be back.
    - Stack bars as squares under or over the focus bar or separate from the bar.
    - DK Support.
    - Logarithmic timer movement.

I keep pushing back updates due to paying work, but it's getting there slowly.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 01:49 PM ----------

OK, so I need some input (again).

Looks like what I am going to do is add an option to timers to make them "stationary". As in, Icons that always stay visible, if active and based on alpha settings.
    This will change the moving timers to stationary timers, for those that wanted this change.

Currently using tell me when for that type of stuff so personally I'd need to see how interactive the icons were before dropping tellmewhen, whether the icons themselves are configurable ( as in change size, moveable ) would also help here. Are you planning to in cooperate buff tracking or ICD tracking in this or another module? Generally don't use animations on my TMW icons but do use sound alot to good affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Currently using tell me when for that type of stuff so personally I'd need to see how interactive the icons were before dropping tellmewhen, whether the icons themselves are configurable ( as in change size, moveable ) would also help here. Are you planning to in cooperate buff tracking or ICD tracking in this or another module? Generally don't use animations on my TMW icons but do use sound alot to good affect.
    The timer bars that move now will have an option to flip them to stationary icons. What features the icons will have I am still working on, but flash and alpha change are for sure. I like the sound idea, but would need info on "good uses" for it, as in, what do you use sound for, examples would help. I partially coded the icons already but left the logic portion till last.

You will also have the ability to make the icon layout horizontal or vertical, reverse it (order of icons) and reorder the icons. Size and backgrounds etc. all supported.

As it stands the icons you put on the bar will be at static positions and have option for a cooldown / duration text counter at any of 5 positions.

Asking questions will help code this the way you guys would like. If things sound good, I may be able to accommodate some things. Right now I am going to be finishing up the ordering change, which will be a slider for position number.

I am actually planning to use this myself instead of the moving timers for some things. Oh, and Cooldown / Duration / ICD will all be supported as the moving timers do now. This is actually a re-write of parts of the timer module to make the two more seamless.

When this is done, I will be working on the retro block stack bars feature too.

Edit: Size will be a slider as well. Pick the icon size and it's squared and then the icons will fill based on that chosen size. You will move the whole block of icons as a singe unit (ie: block has 5 icons for spell1 through spell5, you unlock and move all them as a single entity that you set the size of based on that single configurable size). Hope that helps.

Think I just finished the update with the new timer option for icons. I think i like it better than the moving, to be honest. Going to test for a day or two before I release, if anyone wants a preview copy PM me an email address.

best hunter addon EVER !

So, after completing the new timer option, I figured I owed something to the original users of JSHB. This will be in 3.7...

Thank you all for the support over the years!

What exactly does the misdirection bar do? Can anyone explain?

Hey J. just wanted to say thanks for all the work, cant wait for the latest update

Quote Originally Posted by Jagera View Post
    What exactly does the misdirection bar do? Can anyone explain?
    The Misdirection Addon lets you right click a frame to cast misdirection on the unit.

The Misdirection Addon lets you right click a frame to cast misdirection on the unit.
    What frame though...? sorry for my not understanding

never mind i just figured it out. dope!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagera View Post
    What frame though...? sorry for my not understanding

never mind i just figured it out. dope!
    Pet frame, raid frames, raid pet frames, party frames, etc. just not target (unless you enable it) and yourself.

Latest update isn't running at all for me, I disabled all the addons that I have and just had JS hunter bar (without MD module) and it just froze WOW for some reason.

Yes, I think I made a boo-boo. I'm posting an alpha in a few mins, please try that. If 3.71 doesn't work, I can tell you another way to fix it.

Give me 5m.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 07:00 PM ----------

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/js-...cus-bar/files/

Can someone grab a3.72 and see if this resolves you issues?

JS,

I'm good with a3.72 (though didn't have issues with the previous build). I must say, though, really dislike the wall of buff/debuff cooldown icons now. Anyway to revert that to the previous look? Didn't see anything in the release notes that obviously stated how to do that.

Thanks!

Go to timerbar 1. Scroll down to the bottom, click reimport defaults. I will clear your timers and re-add them as defaults. Set up more better too.

If you do not like the style after trying it, you can turn off "Stationary" timers in the collapsed options for timerbar1 (the rest are old style). I will be adding in something to set the icon sizes based on what style you use. I need to fix this bug 1st.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 11:00 PM ----------

Just uploaded the fix.

It's on CurseForge, v3.74. Sorry about that, I caused an event loop with some of my older code. I should have not assumed it was written properly

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 11:01 PM ----------

Tomorrow I'll add the default import update to resize the timers size and font size when re-importing a timer bar (on the bottom). This may make the new icon style seem more appropriate... Well, actually this is in, but if you change back it will keep the new size and not the old. I'll fix it for the reverse tomorrow.

You are the man JS.

Hello, in latest jshb buff times is kind a weird. This screenshot how they looks now
    To be more precise, new cd bar is transparent and when you use some cd buff icon becoming visigle, but still you see all that bar with transparent icons and active buffs didnt stack together.

Is it possible to do them like buff icons where in old jshb ? Buff icons only appears when you use some cd and thous icons was stacking.
    this screenshot is from my old ui with pre serenity jshb.
    Last edited by Krachaboras; 2012-09-20 at 05:59 PM.

Yes, I think I made a boo-boo. I'm posting an alpha in a few mins, please try that. If 3.71 doesn't work, I can tell you another way to fix it.

Give me 5m.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 07:00 PM ----------

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/js-...cus-bar/files/

Can someone grab a3.72 and see if this resolves you issues?
    All working fine now JS, thanks for the quick fix