Shadow bite nerf

From Hotfixes September 18.

Warlock
    Shadow Bite damage has been reduced by 25%.
    Tongue Lash damage has been reduced by 25%.

Was felhunter/observer doing that much more damage then other pets?
    Pets seemed pretty even to me and this would put felhunter/observer far behind, which makes me sad because its my favourite one

10+ Year Old Account
    observer damage for destro wasn't that much greater than shivarra, from what i could tell. looks to me like bladedance does more dps than tongue lash. /shrug

Well GoSac wasn't that much behind before, might be the one to roll with now.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    From Hotfixes September 18.

Warlock
    Shadow Bite damage has been reduced by 25%.
    Tongue Lash damage has been reduced by 25%.

Was felhunter/observer doing that much more damage then other pets?
    Pets seemed pretty even to me and this would put felhunter/observer far behind, which makes me sad because its my favourite one
    It should add up to about a 1% drop in DPS, and it still should be slightly ahead of the Succubus/Shivarra.

Just because our minions (and grimoire talents) are fairly close doesn't mean that they couldn't be closer. Though, it is a tad odd that they went for the Felhuter first instead of GoSac, which appears to have the widest DPS variance by spec (high for Aff, low for Demo).

I guess this nerf it's because mostly of the people were using Felhunter/Observer at the Destruction and I believe wasn't intended by blizzard.

They want we use Imp on Destruction not Felhunter.

Affliction will not be hurted so much since we use GoSAC( best Grimoire for Affli) nstead of GoSUP or GoSER.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    I guess this nerf it's because mostly of the people were using Felhunter/Observer at the Destruction and I believe wasn't intended by blizzard.

They want we use Imp on Destruction not Felhunter.

Affliction will not be hurted so much since we use GoSAC( best Grimoire for Affli) nstead of GoSUP or GoSER.
    No, they said they wanted us to use whatever we want or need. Right now the disparity is such there's not even close to an option, and the Imp is a long way behind the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see they are still itterating on pet damage. The closer it gets to each other the more likely we are to have true freedom in what we choose to bring. Probably also means they are having their eye on GoSac for Affliction. I don't want to get nerfed, but we are top of the pile at the moment and that usually means being on the chopping block >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I don't want to get nerfed, but we are top of the pile at the moment and that usually means being on the chopping block >.<
    Indeed, the intended design of all three mage specs at the top in t14 is currently being undermined by Affliction. expect a 20% dps nerf to compensate mage players.

not only was there a nerf to locks but also a buff to mages go figure :/

Another nail to the coffin as a option to dont use sacrifice for destro/aff

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i used my shivarra all raid except for morchok and she was doing around 800 to 1000 dps more than my observer
    but its weird on targey dummy unbuffed the observer does more
    but in raids when im buffed the shivarra does more
    i thought pets didnt get affected by raid buffs or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Another nail to the coffin as a option to dont use sacrifice for destro/aff
    there are plenty of other reasons not to use sacrifice (AoE, utility while CCd)

i think Blizzard just wanted to bring Felhunter/Observer in line with the other options, which is fine. A teensy little boost to imp i would not mind, but i already use imp for specific fights (Ranged/Target switching) so i guess he's ok for what he is.

I will still use Observer in Dungeons because Interrupt and Purge are the only utilities that i ever seem to need or want in a dungeon.

I wouldnt take simulationcraft that serious since its made for single target fights and in tier 14 heroic mode all fights have multiple targets or somekind of add to kill or aoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mchwxj View Post
    Why always nerfs
    Because Xelnath is taking a clever stance on preferring us to be slightly underpowered rather than overpowered on launch unless I'm mistaken (sorry if I've got that wrong), presumably so we're not the ones getting heavy nerfs at the start and never recovering, whereas if we're underpowered we're more likely to end up in a decent place over the course of the expansion, even if right at the start we're a tad weaker - it'll pay off in the longrun.

I just wish whoever was in charge of mages shared the mindset.