Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Is there some sort of top secret, unspoken Warlock Dalaran somewhere in the world? Or, you know... not necessarily even in this particular world?
    I think Warlocks are a bit like cats; there are occasions where we get together, but mostly it's an every man for himself type society. At least when you read Legacy of the Masters that's how it comes across. With that I don't think there's a Dala per se where we'd live together, but maybe a few places like Altar of Storms where we meet on a semi-neutral ground to discuss matters.

But hey! I could be all wrong. With the announced fact of Blizz being busy "cooking up some Warlock stuff" it might be that they have decided to give us just that: a place we can call home. Or well, you know, a place we can call dark, ominous cellar

10+ Year Old Account
    if just 1000 cats all shared the same dream it would come true, but try getting 1000 cats to all do the same thing.

Blood Elven Warlocks. How do they fit in this new "purified" state along with the Reliquary's leader looking for a brighter future free of addiction to Fel Magic?
    Warlocks seemed very prominent in Silvermoon, and haven't really been shunned upon. But now with the new turn that Blood Elves are taking by following Liadrin, it looks like the race is aiming for a more holy way of life. Will it just be some sort of division, similar to the one between Farstriders and Magisters, or will it be something bigger, considering all the new leaders are trying to "free" themselves from their demonic and corrupt past?

Also, what happened to all the cataclysm raid related abilities. We used to have Hour of Twilight, Flames of Ragnaros, etc... Now it looks like we're getting some Blood Magic, and in that case, when will I get my Phoenix?

10+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of blood elves turn to warlockery after the destruction of the Silvermoon and some of them liked being warlocks so much they have no interest in giving it up even though the Sunwell has been restored and made holy.

Some addicts are perfectly functional; certainly their refusal to renounce fel magic could cause some strife in blood elf culture, but since other alliance warlocks are already kind of back-alley practioners, it may slip under the radar.

Yeah, I'd really hate that. Silvermoon actually had an alley (murderer row), along with a building dedicated to Warlocks. The city also relies a lot on Fel Magic to stay functional, so I'd really like to know what's the next step. However, with the bombing of Theramore, which was done by Blood Elves, isn't the Horde supporting more "efficient" and powerful uses of magic? In other words, pro-fel magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Yeah, I'd really hate that. Silvermoon actually had an alley (murderer row), along with a building dedicated to Warlocks. The city also relies a lot on Fel Magic to stay functional, so I'd really like to know what's the next step. However, with the bombing of Theramore, which was done by Blood Elves, isn't the Horde supporting more "efficient" and powerful uses of magic? In other words, pro-fel magic.
    Garrosh seems to not give one single damn where his power comes from these days, as long as he gets what he wants. I mean one of the Q&A questions mentions that someone is "Starting to stir up trouble in the patches" concerning the Sha. That sounds very much like Garrosh, and if he's willing to investigate the Sha I don't see why he would back away from using fel energy/magic

However, with the bombing of Theramore, which was done by Blood Elves, isn't the Horde supporting more "efficient" and powerful uses of magic? In other words, pro-fel magic.
    Well, the mana bomb is technically arcane magic (so more of a mage class thing) and was built by blood elves and delivered by goblins. But I definitely wouldn't discount the Horde supporting fel magic; its tolerance for it seems to be much higher than the alliance - from orcs, forsaken, and blood elves alike.

I would like to know why the Glyph of Shadowbolt's graphic has been changed from that of early/mid beta. It use to look so amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my one question, that I know will probably not be answered, but hey. w/e.

Why can we not Permanently enslave any demon, sorta like hunters and there taming? The reason I ask this, is because it never really made much sense. With the pets as they are, you can easily Classify them as any of the demons that we currently have. As it is, Enslave demon has no use. At least not until a burning legion expansion, and then I doubt that blizz will allow me to enslave certain demons before bosses, as "they would be OP for the fight"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Here is my one question, that I know will probably not be answered, but hey. w/e.

Why can we not Permanently enslave any demon, sorta like hunters and there taming? The reason I ask this, is because it never really made much sense. With the pets as they are, you can easily Classify them as any of the demons that we currently have. As it is, Enslave demon has no use. At least not until a burning legion expansion, and then I doubt that blizz will allow me to enslave certain demons before bosses, as "they would be OP for the fight"
    Or you would be able to enslave them, but the enslave lasts 5 minutes, while the fight lasts 6+ so you have an extra demon to kill when he gets loose + you have no pet for execute. But it's a 2% increase over your normal pet DPS, so you are forced to.

I'd like to be able to permenantly enslave demons like hunters do, and just have them be seperate categories, like bears/wolves/cats we'd get Imps/Succubi/Felguards etc. etc. Would make for an interesting change to Warlock pet variety.

Good question on the WHY though. I suppose it's cause binding a Demon to you is a complex ritual and you have to forcefully subjugate them. Oh, and probably cause in game play terms we'd be stepping on Hunter territory in terms of what Blizz dubs "their kit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I both want and do not want to permanently enslave demons
    i mean we are not hunters even though we are the only other class that has permanent pets for all three specs,

it would be nice to have access to the variety of demon skins, the 5 Grimoire of Supremacy skins were a nice addition and i want more! but i think we should be limited to 5 utlility-categories. instead of the 20 different categories of hunter pet.

On topic: when we 'kill' a demon to get a new demon name at a warlock trainer, are we actually killing that demon? or are we just severing our bond with that demon to get a new one?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-19 at 04:28 PM.

How warlocks learned to summon and gain control over demons... (and Guldan's descent to the dark side)

I think it'd be cool to see a crazy old cooky dark shamman in the mountains, who was the first "shamman" to learn semi-control over demons, having accidentally summoned an imp when trying to summon an elemental.. but was too insane to do anything with it. I'm thinking something like the old man at the bridge in Monty Python's the Holy Grail, but a shamman who could summon and dismiss the personal demons that plagued him.

Excuse my lack of lore knowledge... but possibly a time travel sequence back to Guldan's turn to the dark side. And he stumbled across this cooky man, which led Guldan to desire control over demons, and eventually fel magic, which lead him to meet Kiljaden. Perhaps Guldan stumbling into the "shamman" was an illusion created by Kiljaden to pave the way to Guldan's descent.

From Wowwiki:

Kil'jaeden approached Gul'dan and offered him the chance to become a master of warlock magic, on the condition that he help bring the orcs under his banner. Gul'dan accepted with no qualms whatsoever

As warlocks who are never satisfied with their current arsenal and continue to seek more power, why are we 'satisfied' with the limited control of demons that we have? We currently have the ability to control 5 different demons, and thanks to GoSup a more powerful version of said 5 demons, but any other type of demon we are limited in our ability to control them (5 min with Enslave Demon). One would think that as time goes on and our power grows further we would continue to try to control other and more powerful demons such as Satyrs, Nathrezim, or even Pit Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think Warlocks are a bit like cats; there are occasions where we get together, but mostly it's an every man for himself type society. At least when you read Legacy of the Masters that's how it comes across. With that I don't think there's a Dala per se where we'd live together, but maybe a few places like Altar of Storms where we meet on a semi-neutral ground to discuss matters.

But hey! I could be all wrong. With the announced fact of Blizz being busy "cooking up some Warlock stuff" it might be that they have decided to give us just that: a place we can call home. Or well, you know, a place we can call dark, ominous cellar
    True enough. If there is, I always thought it would be an Undercity-esque den of evil questionable practices, where the most dangerous best and brightest warlocks would commune and do warlocky... stuff.

I don't know; the premise behind a Warlock Dalaran seems unbelievably awesome to me. A really dark take on a shadowy, shrouded-in-myth magical society. I'm sure it exists somewhere, watching and waiting to invite any warlocks of particular note to their secret society...

How can a Warlock become a Demon Hunter?

(I know take the glyph... but I meant in a lore sense)

Kalium

True enough. If there is, I always thought it would be an Undercity-esque den of evil questionable practices, where the most dangerous best and brightest warlocks would commune and do warlocky... stuff.

I don't know; the premise behind a Warlock Dalaran seems unbelievably awesome to me. A really dark take on a shadowy, shrouded-in-myth magical society. I'm sure it exists somewhere, watching and waiting to invite any warlocks of particular note to their secret society...
    And they would work with a secret rogue society when in need of supplies :O

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 03:05 PM ----------

Also Xelnath, if you answer my question(s), I will promise to be less stingy in my next post.

Deleted
    Blood Elven Warlocks. How do they fit in this new "purified" state along with the Reliquary's leader looking for a brighter future free of addiction to Fel Magic?
    Warlocks seemed very prominent in Silvermoon, and haven't really been shunned upon. But now with the new turn that Blood Elves are taking by following Liadrin, it looks like the race is aiming for a more holy way of life. Will it just be some sort of division, similar to the one between Farstriders and Magisters, or will it be something bigger, considering all the new leaders are trying to "free" themselves from their demonic and corrupt past?

Also, what happened to all the cataclysm raid related abilities. We used to have Hour of Twilight, Flames of Ragnaros, etc... Now it looks like we're getting some Blood Magic, and in that case, when will I get my Phoenix?
    I want to know this too please, there are demon crystals all over SM, what's going down? Hope they don't remove them. SM seems (or seemed) to be the only city in Azeroth where warlocks don't have to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddara View Post
    I want to know this too please, there are demon crystals all over SM, what's going down? Hope they don't remove them. SM seems (or seemed) to be the only city in Azeroth where warlocks don't have to hide.
    It's actually quite the opposite; Kael'thas gave Rommath very specific instructions to hide just how involved they and the magisters/warlocks were in fel magic, since he was worried the general populace would turn on him if they knew exactly what he was up to. I assume that's why the warlocks get a rather secluded sanctum, and only bring their demons out a) in cutthroat alley and b) after dark.

The crystals themselves are a plot hole. The very first BE quest says they've always been there. >.<

Is there some sort of top secret, unspoken Warlock Dalaran somewhere in the world? Or, you know... not necessarily even in this particular world?
    There is actually its in Felwood, atlest in pre cata havent been there after cataclysm, was a huge underground area, felguards, a orcs with double succubi, doomguards etc

Alliance had a awsome quest there related with a badass nelf warrior saving his paladin friend, warlocks had quests there related with the class mount quest if Iam not mistaken

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. when i call down my infernal, where exactly was it floating ? and why was it readilly avalable ?

2. why is incinerate red fire ? i thought everyone agrees it should be green.

3. out of all my demons, i only want to know what my fel imp does in his free time.