Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    I think there's just considerably more stuff to play now in the video game scene than there was before.
    Actually, that's the exact opposite for hardcore gamers.
    There is less and less deep games, due to ever increasing budgets and ever more casual audience.

Deleted
    I quit playing WoW seriously a few months before 4.2 just because it felt like the quality of raiding content had gone down too much, though I must say that tier 11 was VERY well done.
    Currently I'm playing GW2 and I'm really enjoying it at the moment but who knows how interested it can keep me after I reach max lvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I quit playing WoW seriously a few months before 4.2 just because it felt like the quality of raiding content had gone down too much, though I must say that tier 11 was VERY well done.
    Currently I'm playing GW2 and I'm really enjoying it at the moment but who knows how interested it can keep me after I reach max lvl.
    A word of advice for you, if I may, about GW2 - play the game, stop and smell the roses, GW2 isn't designed to reach the cap and only then actually start playing, like so many MMOs. I've seen individuals get 3 characters to level 80 in these 2 weeks that the game was out and they complain that the game is boring (how the hell can it be fun when you rushed through the game 3 times just to sit on your ass on max level???)... it's just baffling... Playing GW2 the same way that WoW is played is like going to a tennis field and playing basketball, and then complaining that the field sucks...

And where are all the gods?
    Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
    Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
    Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore people

A: out grown the game
    B: moved onto another game
    C: got a job, schedule doesnt allow them to raid
    D: got a girlfriend / boyfriend or have a family
    E: dont like the direction the game has gone
    F: many other reasons
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    'My niece is six and achieved gladiator last season.'

I stopped reading there.

Warning: No need large gaps in the post to express the point, tidied it -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-17 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstreamz View Post
    I know this has probably been said already but I can't be bothered to read a 10 page thread to be honest, but Paragon formed mid-wotlk. Granted Blood Legion have been around since vanilla (world 2nd KT), but still, you're wrong about Paragon.
    Paragon formed mid wotlk by a merging of 2 vanilla guilds.
    Basicallly it's a vanilla guild.

Well many are still there....

Deleted
    Epic thread btw!

Your contribution to the thread is un-matched. Please post a constructive reply by adding something? -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-09-18 at 09:20 AM.

1. Burnt out
    2. Less friends playing
    3. Game becoming too causal for them
    4. Instance getting nerfed.

So much on list. Only blizzard kill wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    I realize with wow becoming so easy you can play it with your penis (It's only a few patches away unfortunately I can see the youtube videos now) that it's scaring many of the old core players away. In fact, the only guilds who still exist that existed in vanilla are paragon and blood legion, the rest are gone to bigger and better things (and 70% of blood legion is new members since then).

But with all the negative changes there's millions of good ones too. Classes are extremely balanced now (People QQ about fire mages being OP in pvp still but let's face it, they're killable),

But with these nerfs and balances shouldn't it create MORE good core players and not more bad ones? An easier game should mean that it's easier for people to grasp it and excel at it.

Yet, all we get are casual baddies who don't give a fuck about pvp or pve progression and couldn't progress if they even tried despite blizzard making it so easy a 5 year old can rape pvp. Don't believe me? My niece is six and achieved gladiator last season.

So Why? Why do players not care about progression anymore? Vanilla we lived breathed and shit progression, ditto BC but now all of a sudden all the core players are absent and they're replaced with this puddle of people who don't know their dicks from their assholes?

Now, before you say "roll horde! They're totally different!", no they aren't. Horde is exactly the same amount of casual people who could care less if people down heroic ragnaros pre nerf or not. Or the guilds who have accomplished the impossible and killed twins and c'thun, illidan, heroic lich king, yogg, agalon ... etc.

And then we have all of the "Hardcore wannabe's" don't believe me play on illidan for more than 15 minutes. Blizzard has made the content so where are the players? Come on people down some freaking content or at least get a 2200 rating... it isn't rocket science.
    Probably because PvP in WoW was never intended to be a major feature it isn't difficult to achieve stuff.

Also, Paragon as we know it was formed in August 2008, not at all in vanilla.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-09-18 at 02:45 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

the logical response to this is that they all moved to other games or grew up lol

when everyone flocked to wow all the hardcores became more condensed now times have changed and people are moving away from wow

It's an old game. People's circumstances may have changed. Kids, work or other responsibilities may be preventing them from playing as much as they did in vanilla/BC. There will always be a race to world first, this time it might be a newer, younger generation of gamers.

People that played hardcore before (including myself), got jobs/lives. And new wow players don't see any motivation to raid hardcore. So they're gone.

Deleted
    I'm disappointed. I fully expected someone to say they went to GW2 and I was getting ready to laugh at the fact.

A more important question...Where have all the cowboys gone?

I suggest the hardcore playstyle has burnout problems. Eventually, the reward doesn't match the effort, and they either go casual or stop playing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    i had to play alot of mists beta because my guild was going to try to go for world top 10, the content itself just depressed me, nothing really new, only the same stuff recycled over and over

its not blizzards fault really, their game engine is very limited and they have done a FANTASTIC job of keeping the game interesting for so long. but alas for me its time has come, the content is all well and good but if i dont enjoy the gameplay i wont enjoy new content.

@Nythion aka OP

Can we agree that this is your char?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...taleyes/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They're still there, clearing heroic content several months before it's nerfed and the "casual baddies" can even try it (and still fail)
    this. a thousand times this..

I never got the culture of people online who say the game is easy.. each tier has been harder then the previous one if you do content on heroic WHEN it comes out... 4 months later with better gear and nerfs is not the same fight