Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Uhh, yes it did. It had tanks and healers to a certain extent. Not in the sense of your every other mmo but it certainly had specific tanking and healing roles. You couldn't do the harder missions and dungeons without them.
    Not necessarily true. I did plenty of missions over the years sans healers.

There were no actual tanks. There were people who wall pulled and others who body blocked.

The role trinity is in reference to very specific roles which are singular. Not just some guy who took damage, tossed a heal &/or fired an arrow. It's not a broad term- its a very specific one. Which Guild Wars 1 to this day does not have.

Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot?
    Looks like his gor friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.
    Don't make personal attacks, slander, shame or call other users out. Not useful & super rude.

Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-19 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Big mistake to think that I don't consider other people's views and perspectives.

People can come to different conclusions and opinions when having the same information. Just because I'm one-sided, doesn't mean I'm a mindless fanboy who will defend this game against any and all negative opinions, when I already very much loathe the story writing. If you stalked this forums as well as you claim to, you'd know what specific things in this game I hate. But you don't.
    Don't go around claiming you know people just because you see them regularly disagreeing with your opinion.
    Well, I apologize then. It's just from what I've seen. Might be just me today as well, I've been in a very cranky mood and been a little dreary. I don't mean to insult you at the core, so I'm sorry if I offended you.

As other people said, we already know what DrakeWurrum is going to say, no need to talk to him and get infracted by his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what are you talking about, there were healer monks and tanking specs in Gw1.
    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot? I called him fanboy 2 times on this forum and 2 times i got infracted. Meanwhile he's roaming on forum and check every thread for anything bad about his precious game and type his one liners such as "some people would argue" or " Oo I don't agree".
    Looks like he got friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.
    MMo champ subforum mods are the biggest fanbois of the games they are supposed to moderate in an unbiased manner. Not just GW2, it's true for all game subforums.
    Being unbiased and objective is not a requirement to be a mod on MMO champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between being biased and simply enforcing the rules. If he doesn't break the rules and you do? Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who is going to get dinged for it. He is hardly the only one who posts consistently. There are those whose posts cast GW2 in an unfavorable light as well. While he is definitely the most prolific, he also consistently follows the rules. So he doesn't usually get dinged.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This question usually sounds like a loaded subtle poke at GW2 endgame.

It's unfortunate that so many players in all mmos today are so focused on racing to max level asap. They miss a lot of the game. With GW2 especially it's the journey...not the destination. Same for wow or swtor, try reading the quests while leveling an alt instead of just grabbing, seeing the goal, and turning them in asap. I could see maybe racing for a world first or to 90 in mop to gank if you're on a pvp server, but in GW2 with pvp scaling it doesn't matter much. Max level just isn't terribly exciting in most mmos IMHO. That's why I usually end up leveling alts. I have spent enough time running circles in capital cities, in-between the relatively few hours raiding each week.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what are you talking about, there were healer monks and tanking specs in Gw1.
    Btw, why everyone who even remotly says something bad (well it wasnt even calling a name or wahtever, just truth) about DrakeWurrum keeps getting infracted at the spot? I called him fanboy 2 times on this forum and 2 times i got infracted. Meanwhile he's roaming on forum and check every thread for anything bad about his precious game and type his one liners such as "some people would argue" or " Oo I don't agree".
    Looks like he got friends at high places. This subforum starting to look more and more bias everyday.

Protected by ladies, try tell women they could be wrong , ive reduced my visits to this subforum by large margin as it has hugely gone down hill. Watch me getting infracted for this
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post

It's unfortunate that so many players in all mmos today are so focused on racing to max level asap. They miss a lot of the game. With GW2 especially it's the journey...not the destination. Same for wow or swtor, try reading the quests while leveling an alt instead of just grabbing, seeing the goal, and turning them in asap. I could see maybe racing for a world first or to 90 in mop to gank if you're on a pvp server, but in GW2 with pvp scaling it doesn't matter much. Max level just isn't terribly exciting in most mmos IMHO. That's why I usually end up leveling alts. I have spent enough time running circles in capital cities, in-between the relatively few hours raiding each week.
    Definitely the crux of the issue. How many people find endgame in ANY game fun anymore?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Definitely the crux of the issue. How many people find endgame in ANY game fun anymore?
    I think people who have never played mmo's would enjoy this game the most as they would not have been affected by other previous/current games. Those who come from mmo background envision wow endgame without grind. As I saw in other post, constantly fresh content without grind. Which is simply not possible. Since it is not possible - people complain that gw2 is not delivering it...
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post

Uhhh have you hit 80 yet? It really isn't hard to hit max level in this game. With crafting, exploring, DEs, hearts etc etc. It's really easy, you don't have to "race" to max level. A good player can hit 80 in about a week. No ones complaining about the game pre 80. Everyone seems to agree that it has one of the best leveling experiences of any mmo out there. The destination is where it's lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I think people who have never played mmo's would enjoy this game the most as they would not have been affected by other previous/current games. Those who come from mmo background envision wow endgame without grind. As I saw in other post, constantly fresh content without grind. Which is simply not possible. Since it is not possible - people complain that gw2 is not delivering it...
    It's not exactly that, it's unrealistic to think that all grind will be gone from an mmo. It's the amount of grind at the moment to be able to get the best "skins" that's annoying people. Dungeons suck right now, and everything is a heavy in your face grind. If it was masked like in other games, there wouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-20 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    It's not exactly that, it's unrealistic to think that all grind will be gone from an mmo. It's the amount of grind at the moment to be able to get the best "skins" that's annoying people. Dungeons suck right now, and everything is a heavy in your face grind. If it was masked like in other games, there wouldn't be a problem.
    The grind for those skins is intentional. Pretty sure Anet said that if you want the fancy skins, you better be ready to grind for it. It was the same way in GW1 with elite armors. They're the equivalent of Heroic tier gear from WoW in that they require more time and effort to acquire than LFR or normal mode gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot-Nixon View Post
    The grind for those skins is intentional. Pretty sure Anet said that if you want the fancy skins, you better be ready to grind for it. It was the same way in GW1 with elite armors. They're the equivalent of Heroic tier gear from WoW in that they require more time and effort to acquire than LFR or normal mode gear.
    Source please?

I remember them stating that it will take hard work to get the nice skins, never nothing about grinding. That was against their "philosophy".

And hard work does not = mind numbing grind.

Btw, your sig is fucking awesome lol.

Think it depends on who that game is appealing to. There has been some industry talk on podcasts and articles speculating that new MMOs are becoming more specialized in the audience they seek out as a base. Instead of trying to be a theme park in the World of Warcraft model.

Idea being that MMOs can survive and thrive with much smaller player bases these days and less traditional business models.

To some degree this is true now with story, raid focus, PVP focused, et cetera MMOs currently in the marketplace. By next year it seems we'll be seeing even more MMOs that are purposefully going for a niche audience.

With that in mind, I'd say the people for whom Secret World or Rift appeal to are quite happy with the endgame those games offer. Those are just 2 games I am personally familiar with and actively participate in for the sake example. Yet they might be two of the most satisfied player bases I have seen recently.

Whereas SWTOR [WoW theme park approach] was one of the most unpleasant, dissatisfied and angered player bases I experienced. It's still that way in TOR- I logged in last week...

So I don't think the "endgame" of games such as EQ/WoW is fading anytime soon. But do feel we are seeing a lot more variety & in turn satisfaction in what/where differing endgames are offered to player satisfaction.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-20 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Only reason to make a game MMO is to have people sort of create content by playing with other people. GW2 has the pvp but no raids so you miss huge amount of "content" that ppl would create to other people in form of raids. Couldn't anet just do both raids and pvp where players make players more interested in the game.

I don't see any point of mmos where theres not active doing shit with ppl, I could just play a games where u only pvp and a singleplayer rpg which is more interesting than the solo things u can do in gw2. MMOS need player created content and people playing for other people.

That replayability though, why is it so? One LoL match, to me, doesn't feel exceedingly different from another, just because it's different humans using different champions. You're on the same map. The same lanes. The exact same things happen again and again... ganking, minion farming, jungling, team fights, pushing and defending and warding.

The differences between any one LoL match are much the same as the differences between different dynamic events in different parts of the map using different enemies.
    I think you're grasping at straws to defend Guild Wars 2, here

I hate League of Legends. I got to be really good at it, played on a team, etc., but ultimately got way too mad at how horribly imbalanced the heroes are, and instead of balancing the current heroes, they just release a new one every 2 weeks, so I quit playing it

That said, you cannot (simply cannot) say that one match of League doesn't "feel exeedingly different from another". There's a lot of variables in that game, and you can easily play it all night, without having two similar matches. I get that you like GW2, but try not to make inaccurate statements about other games in the process of hyping it up. Again, this is coming from someone that hates League
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    That said, you cannot (simply cannot) say that one match of League doesn't "feel exeedingly different from another". There's a lot of variables in that game, and you can easily play it all night, without having two similar matches.
    Stating subjective feelings as fact again, are you?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Stating subjective feelings as fact again, are you?
    It's not a subjective feeling

Have you played League of Legends at a competitive level? I don't think you have. I don't expect you to get 4 friends and play it all day, either, but you could educate yourself just by watching some pro gameplay of it. The game is simply not a grossly similar experience one match to the next

More to the point, Guild Wars 2 doesn't offer much difference in it's content. The most varied experience in the game is the "dynamic" events, but these are almost always "kill XYZ", "protect XYZ", or "collect XYZ", just like standard quests in any other MMO. That doesn't make Guild Wars 2 a bad game or anything, but you can't really compare that to a game with far more variables, and act like it's giving you more different approaches to gameplay
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-09-20 at 03:25 AM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Sad to admit I'm kinda bored already with endgame. No biggie seeing as I got my 60$ worth and this game is miles ahead of D3 in comparison even though they cost the same. The cosmetic grind is a total turnoff to me and I don't have the time for that shit anymore. Especially when the slot machine's luck is needed with crafting a legendary. Which IMO is retarded. This week WVW is dominated by one server to the point where the other servers don't even have keeps. Now that I think about it I'm not having fun at all.

I love gw2 but honestly I have to say, WvWvW is SO BAD...its so bad. Im not a pvper so its not a big deal im just trying to get my 50 kills for my monthly achieve and its just torture. Pure zerg v zerg, looooong horrible runs from teleporters, my god do I wish this wsg or ab right now

12 more kills to go and ill be free for a month, can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I love gw2 but honestly I have to say, WvWvW is SO BAD...its so bad. Im not a pvper so its not a big deal im just trying to get my 50 kills for my monthly achieve and its just torture. Pure zerg v zerg, looooong horrible runs from teleporters, my god do I wish this wsg or ab right now

12 more kills to go and ill be free for a month, can't wait!
    Hopefully they switch to 2-week battles soon, with people putting up waypoints everywhere. Or else Arena Net finds a way to lessen how much running you have to do (maybe boost out-of-combat speed?)

I refuse to touch WvW until they switch to the longer battles, but I'd personally rather avoid the zergs and find some small skirmishes to participate in at smaller objectives.