View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Until this game is treated like what it is, a single player game, and users can experience gear upgrades outside of using the GAH and RMAH, there is no future for this game. I think the GAH and RMAH should be 100% totally optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    Until this game is treated like what it is, a single player game, and users can experience gear upgrades outside of using the GAH and RMAH, there is no future for this game. I think the GAH and RMAH should be 100% totally optional.
    It is 100% optional, just faster than doing it yourself. Just like trading was in D2.

I have nearly 9000 elite kills and run with nearly 300MF non-NV, I have never gotten a ilvl63 legendary, I've never gotten a rare ilvl63 that was worth more than a few hundred K. If that is working as intended can you understand why MILLIONS of people have quit the game?

I have nearly 9000 elite kills and run with nearly 300MF non-NV, I have never gotten a ilvl63 legendary, I've never gotten a rare ilvl63 that was worth more than a few hundred K. If that is working as intended can you understand why MILLIONS of people have quit the game?
    First off, that's simply untrue. You'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning, in a plane crash, while a shark attacked you AS YOU WON THE LOTTERY than killing that many elites without getting good yellows. You're either a liar or can't recognize good gear when you find it.

Regarless of the truthfullness of your statement, what's that got to do with the AH? Other than the fact that the AH allowed you to easily convert all the good non-legendary items you found along the way into gold that you were then able to (again, easily) convert into useful items that made up for your own RNG, I don't see how the AH has anything to do with the above comment.

I've never understood people's fascination with blaming the AH for everything. I honestly don't see how the AH can be "bad". It automates what people did manually in D2. Trading in D2 was a nightmare. And let's face it, many many people went outside the game and paid real money for items because it was a thousand times easier and faster than opening game after game titled "10xSoJ 4 perfect X".

I've seen tons of people bitch about how the AH ruined the game, but I can't recall anyone ever actually giving a reason why. The only thing I can think of would be a belief that we see less rewarding loot because Blizzard thinks good loot will be plentifully available through the AH. The shitty ratio between reward and effort is definitely a major problem (THE major problem, imo) with D3. But it's a bit of a stretch to assume the AH caused that. Besides, hasn't Blizzard specifically said that's not the case?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-21 at 08:13 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either. People pay money in so called f2p games on vanity items and whatnot, but the moment Blizzard tries to bust gold selling, introduces a RMAH and takes a cut (like eby) it is devil's work?

I am playing D3 and totally ignore the RMAH. But I also know that a few hundred ppl bitching on forums is NOT equal to the millions who play.
    Well, I, for one, am exceedingly glad that Blizz created the AH. I had my reservations when they announced the RMAH. I was worried that only shitty items would sell for gold and I'd be forced to pay $$$ for all the good stuff. That turned out not to be the case, so I really don't understand what's there to bitch about.

I've not touched the RMAH and have not, in the slightest, felt that my play experience has been diminished. In fact, using the RMAH would actually make the game worse for me since it would remove the accomplishment of having worked for my reward.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Wow, I should NOT have to freaking use the AH to get better gear when spending several hundred hours in a game. I should see rewards INSIDE the game, not outside using a secondary source for gear upgrades.

Wow, I should NOT have to freaking use the AH to get better gear when spending several hundred hours in a game. I should see rewards INSIDE the game, not outside using a secondary source for gear upgrades.
    Seriously, this is the gripe? That's fucking stupid.

I'm glad that when a really good Barb item drops for my Monk, I have a crazy easy way to turn that Barb item into a Monk item. How many times have you DE'd amazing WoW gear because no one in your raid needed it? How many times have you done that while half the raid really really wanted some other drop off the boss? That will NEVER happen in D3. And you're saying it's a bad thing.

I'm all for Blizzard increasing the reward vs expenditure ratio, but to expect just the gear you need to fall from the sky is freaking ridiculous. I had no idea this was the argument being made against the AH. Good god, people are dumb.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Clearly, you're not reading what I said - You should NOT have to kill 9000+ elites and spend HUNDREDS of hours in-game for an upgrade. Did I make it simple enough for you to understand THAT time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    You're right. I'll go back and edit out all the places where I said that. Oh wait... There aren't any.

Seriosuly dude, argue against something someone actually said for once instead of making shit up all the time.
    Uhhhh yeah you did. Your first post. Go read it. Actually, Ill quote it for you, since your having a hard time.

"The real question is whether or not people who have left the game will come back to it. The answer to that question is no."

Would you like me to link and anchor it too, in case I'm "lying"? Y u so mad over being wrong?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-09-21 at 08:49 PM.

Seriously, this is the gripe? That's fucking stupid.

I'm glad that when a really good Barb item drops for my Monk, I have a crazy easy way to turn that Barb item into a Monk item. How many times have you DE'd amazing WoW gear because no one in your raid needed it? How many times have you done that while half the raid really really wanted some other drop off the boss? That will NEVER happen in D3. And you're saying it's a bad thing.

I'm all for Blizzard increasing the reward vs expenditure ratio, but to expect just the gear you need to fall from the sky is freaking ridiculous. I had no idea this was the argument being made against the AH. Good god, people are dumb.
    I don't expect to get $$$ drops all the time, or even drops for the toon I am running. But when you kill your 400th Elite pack and only come away with 1 upgrade for 3 different stat classes, it starts to make the game less and less interesting.

Clearly, you're not reading what I said - You should NOT have to kill 9000+ elites and spend HUNDREDS of hours in-game for an upgrade. Did I make it simple enough for you to understand THAT time?
    Totally agree. Good thing that's not the fucking case.

Beyond that, the above ridiculous lie of a personal experience has NOTHING to do with your assertion that the AH is ruining the game. Make up your damn mind. If you disagree with the reward vs effort ratio in the game, that's one thing. Your ridiculous lie of a personal experience aside, I actually agree with that fact. D3 needs to give more shineys per hour for sure. If you're trying to blame the AH for your ridiculous lie of a personal experience then, well, I've got nothing left but to just laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Would you like me to link and anchor it too, in case I'm "lying"? Y u so mad over being wrong?
    No, but feel free to quote the next line as well. Wait, no, don't. I'm good with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm "lying
    We don't need no context 'round here!

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I don't expect to get $$$ drops all the time, or even drops for the toon I am running. But when you kill your 400th Elite pack and only come away with 1 upgrade for 3 different stat classes, it starts to make the game less and less interesting.
    Totally agree with this. My point is that this is not a valid reason why "zomg teh ah runed the gam".
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account

Beyond that, the above ridiculous lie of a personal experience has NOTHING to do with your assertion that the AH is ruining the game. Make up your damn mind. If you disagree with the reward vs effort ratio in the game, that's one thing. Your ridiculous lie of a personal experience aside, I actually agree with that fact. D3 needs to give more shineys per hour for sure. If you're trying to blame the AH for your ridiculous lie of a personal experience then, well, I've got nothing left but to just laugh at you.

No, but feel free to quote the next line as well. Wait, no, don't. I'm good with this.

Totally agree with this. My point is that this is not a valid reason why "zomg teh ah runed the gam".

LOL !!! Thats your rebuttal? You contradict yourself 3 times in one post and you want to call that context. LOL. Thanks random Blizzard hater #24789273. Thank you for proving my point. Well done sir.

Too late, too little. D3 is flawed to the core, It can't be fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should add Ladder and reset the ladder each 4 month orso as in D2 and hopefully it will be better in the near future
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Too late, too little. D3 is flawed to the core, It can't be fixed.
    Not only that, my other big issue with D3 (and that's why I stopped playing it) is that Blizz keeps changing builds every patch. D3 is not WoW, it doesn't even have PvP yet. You can't really build a character with uber gear, because the next morning it could be next to useless...

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Not only that, my other big issue with D3 (and that's why I stopped playing it) is that Blizz keeps changing builds every patch. D3 is not WoW, it doesn't even have PvP yet. You can't really build a character with uber gear, because the next morning it could be next to useless...
    Welcome to D2, the game that took years to balance and where you couldn't even reallocate your skill points and stats.

I will bring in your 2nd sentence.
    Your question is useless. Who cares how good they make the game at this point? The real question is whether or not people who have left the game will come back to it. The answer to that question is no.

There are no changes that they can make that would bring any significant numbers of players back to the game. That ship has sailed. The people who left have moved on to other games.
    You did contradict yourself. You asked the people who left will come back, you said no. Then in the next sentence you said there isn't anything they can do to bring significant numbers back. Hold on, you just said in your first sentence that the people who left won't return. Which is it, people who left won't return OR they won't return in significant numbers? You can't say they won't bring back people and then say your next sentence they won't bring in any significant numbers back. Yes I understand your "context" and what you meant is overall they won't bring in any big numbers back, but it doesn't change the fact you did contradict yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Because I have spent hundreds of millions gearing in the the fact that Force Armor with Prismatic rune increases by a percentage, hence the better values you had to begin with the better effect you got from it. So it is a very valid complaint, especially the better gear you had as it not only diminishes the returns you get by also changes your overall gearing strategy, perhaps I could have spend half or more of what I spent on my current gear getting much more dps instead of armor that will lose more than half it's value to me after the patch.

You see I don't get the choice in just keeping my build or go a higher dps route, I geared enough to do both, I have 100k+ dps with 1100+ AR and 7k+ armor before I push Archon, hence extremely expensive but well worth it pre patch, after I might as well have aimed for 250k+ raw dps and not worry to much about defense, quite different.
    You will still come out with more mitigation than you ever had before by default of the monsters doing less damage than your reduction of abilities. It's honestly no different than them simply nerfing the damage monsters do. Are you angry about that because you could have geared for more damage if the balance had been the same the whole time? At this point, it's just complaining.

You can keep your same gear, same abilities, and have an even easier time than you've ever had. OR, you can switch abilities and/or gear how you please and have an easier time than you've ever had.

On another angle, I finished Inferno with only 20k dps and 600-650 resists unbuffed. Not sure where the problem could even be with your stats if it made your gear slightly worse, which it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You will still come out with more mitigation than you ever had before by default of the monsters doing less damage than your reduction of abilities. It's honestly no different than them simply nerfing the damage monsters do. Are you angry about that because you could have geared for more damage if the balance had been the same the whole time? At this point, it's just complaining.
    Perhaps you see it as only complaining, although I don't see you sitting here with 1k hours invested and around half a billion in gear that is bought with the sole intent of taking advantage of the armor and all resist increases, if you had then you might have seen it differently.

You can keep your same gear, same abilities, and have an even easier time than you've ever had. OR, you can switch abilities and/or gear how you please and have an easier time than you've ever had.
    Yes I should be grateful as well that I can replace my 500m+ gear just because Blizzard can't make their fucking minds up right? Just so you get it, I can't change skills for more DPS, there is no possible skill to use, you see the other armor and force weapon effects that's based on Attacks have a chance or On hit don't work with Archon which leaves only 5% crit and even with the 50% nerfed returns on force armor with prismatic it just can't compete.

In the end the nerf benefits players that didn't spend hundreds of millions but make little to no difference to the once that did besides devaluing their gear yet again.

On another angle, I finished Inferno with only 20k dps and 600-650 resists unbuffed.
    I finished it pre any nerfs, it has nothing to do with the gear perfection end-game.

Not sure where the problem could even be with your stats if it made your gear slightly worse, which it does not.
    It does make my gear worse, a player with 100 AR and 1000 Armor would get 140 AR and 1650 Armor, a player with 1000 AR and 10000 Armor would get 1400 AR and 16500 Armor, simply put, the better gear you have as base the better your return is, they are nerfing the percentages on force armor which give less return for your money. That is the problem, it has nothing to do with finishing the game, hell I have not been in act 4 for surely a month.

But hey I'm sure you would be fine with One With Everything being changed to only give 50% to the other resists, right?
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-21 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post

Yes I should be grateful as well that I can replace my 500m+ gear just because Blizzard can't make their fucking minds up right? Just so you get it, I can't change skills for more DPS, there is no possible skill to use, you see the other armor and force weapon effects that's based on Attacks have a chance or On hit don't work with Archon which leaves only 5% crit and even with the 50% nerfed returns on force armor with prismatic it just can't compete.

In the end the nerf benefits players that didn't spend hundreds of millions but make little to no difference to the once that did besides devaluing their gear yet again.
    ?
    Look at some point you were gonna have to accept that your gear was gonna be junk. I mean it should have been evident to you that this game was gonna be balanced like d2 was but even more than that balanced like an mmo. Considering the level of "testing" that went on before the game was released it should have also been fairly evident that balance was gonna be a problem. Theirfor all that gear you thought was best, well out the fucking window. Look even if you just accept that eventually an xpac will come out with more gear and possibly more levels, then your gear will be junk. Welcome to the new MMO diablo.