Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi guys;

After several hours today training in the lvl 85 dummie stick and spent several golds i have any doubt:

1º.- If im TG warrior, i should get the glyph of raging wind and use WW instead wild strike, leaving wild strike to +100 rage instead heroic strike, correct?
    *** Doing this with 404 ilvl pve im around 37k +/- *** (410 2h mace and gurth 403)

2º.- If im TG warrior but instead the glyph of raging wind i have the glyph of reckleness, i must change WW for Wild strike, using it when the proc starts, leaving WW and use heroic strike when rage is over 100.
    *** Doing this with same gear, im around 38-42k +/- ***

3º.- Suposing that the glyph of raging wind is only optimal in TG, being SMF warrior and without glyph of raging wind, using wild strike when it proc, leaving WW and using heroic when +80, and doing the correct rotation, im allways over 39k. That's correct? im with this!

Also i saw that in SGM the rage generation ratio is higher than the TG warrior, so when more rage, more crits, more raging, more dps.

In term of gems, re-gemming every gem to full crit, the dps climbs up to allways over 40-41k. (2 madness normal mode 1H swords). Around 28-30% crit. I don't tryed to use the raging wind glyph because i dont know if this glyph is only optimal for TG warriors :S

So if i doing this well, i think that when mop will be released the way to the higher dps is SMF from day 1 to hc's, firsts raids etc, and leaving red str gems focussing in the 7,5% caps and full crit gems.

/discuss

sry for my english ¬¬
    Last edited by mmocfb421b3904; 2012-09-20 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb View Post
    Hi guys;

After several hours today training in the lvl 85 dummie stick and spent several golds i have any doubt:

1º.- If im TG warrior, i should get the glyph of raging wind and use WW instead wild strike, leaving wild strike to +100 rage instead heroic strike, correct?
    *** Doing this with 404 ilvl pve im around 37k +/- *** (410 2h mace and gurth 403)

2º.- If im TG warrior but instead the glyph of raging wind i have the glyph of reckleness, i must change WW for Wild strike, using it when the proc starts, leaving WW and use heroic strike when rage is over 100.
    *** Doing this with same gear, im around 38-42k +/- ***

3º.- Suposing that the glyph of raging wind is only optimal in TG, being SMF warrior and without glyph of raging wind, using wild strike when it proc, leaving WW and using heroic when +80, and doing the correct rotation, im allways over 39k. That's correct? im with this!

Also i saw that in SGM the rage generation ratio is higher than the TG warrior, so when more rage, more crits, more raging, more dps.

In term of gems, re-gemming every gem to full crit, the dps climbs up to allways over 40-41k. (2 madness normal mode 1H swords). Around 28-30% crit. I don't tryed to use the raging wind glyph because i dont know if this glyph is only optimal for TG warriors :S

So if i doing this well, i think that when mop will be released the way to the higher dps is SMF from day 1 to hc's, firsts raids etc, and leaving red str gems focussing in the 7,5% caps and full crit gems.

/discuss

sry for my english ¬¬
    isn't this guide for level 90 MoP???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaye223 View Post
    isn't this guide for level 90 MoP???
    Yes, yes it is ;D

And MoP comes out in less than a week. I honestly stopped caring about DS and cata as soon as raids were released on beta.

Deleted
    I just lvled my warrior and I'm curious about the build up phase of rage.

Is it normal that I sometimes only wait for rage to come? (no procs and don't want to use wild strike to be full when CS is off timer)

Also, about Leap. I'm having problems using it during CS debuff since a lot is going on there with the off-cd HS. Am I right to understand that a skilled warrior will use an ability, then HS, then move away and leap back in range in one GCD?

Finally, if Leap comes off CD but CS is not up, one should wait CS, right?
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2012-09-21 at 08:13 PM.

Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
    Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)
    Slam now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%).
    Raging Blow now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%),
    Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%).
    Wild Strike now does 195% weapon damage (down from 220%).
    With these nerfs, is true that WW > WS every time, unless BT is proc'd? For TG at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    With these nerfs, is true that WW > WS every time, unless BT is proc'd? For TG at least.
    WS does ~11% less damage after the hotfix, so it would be safe to assume that you would use WW>WS except for bloodsurge procs, as for SMF its 5% away from using raging wind glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    WS does ~11% less damage after the hotfix, so it would be safe to assume that you would use WW>WS except for bloodsurge procs, as for SMF its 5% away from using raging wind glyph.
    Just gave it a few tests on the dummy, WW does indeed hit harder than WS as TG now.

How does HS fare compared to WW and WS now, Im guessing its better than WS but what about WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Just gave it a few tests on the dummy, WW does indeed hit harder than WS as TG now.
    Quality Blizzard balance. Making a quasi-niche glyph for AOE the superior single target choice.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 02:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    How does HS fare compared to WW and WS now, Im guessing its better than WS but what about WW?
    For at least TG, a few tests with no buffs whatsoever place WW > WS > HS. For SMF, I'd imagine WS > WW > HS or something.

Deleted
    For SMF with 416 nok mh 410 morchok oh with only battle shout up, I'm seeing:

ww: (10180.5 + 8311.5) * 0.85 = 15718.2 damage (17290.02 glyphed) or 523.94 dpr (576.3 glyphed)
    hs: (10180.5 * 1.54) + 935 = 16612.97 damage or 664.5 dpr (with t13 2 piece making it cost 25 rage), 1107.5 dpr with deadly calm up
    ws: (8311.5 * 1.95) + 1694 = 17901.4 or 596.7 dpr, 1790.1 dpr with bloodsurge procs up

so while keeping 2t13 at least for me, it seems with my weapons for smf: bs ws > dc hs > hs > ws > ww

Anyone else see the same thing?

Deleted
    Sorry if i am wrong, but shouldnt stats look like that ?

Exp=Hit (7.5%) > Crit > Hit (27%) > Mastery > Haste

Titan's Grip ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcoin View Post
    Sorry if i am wrong, but shouldnt stats look like that ?

Exp=Hit (7.5%) > Crit > Hit (27%) > Mastery > Haste

Titan's Grip ofc.
    Not anymore Rage generation has changed from cata and fury doesn't rely that much on white hits for rage gen anymore. That's why it's so low in the priority list

Deleted
    a pretty big hole in your guide: what stance should we use, battle or berserker?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    a pretty big hole in your guide: what stance should we use, battle or berserker?
    Both. It depends on how much raid damage is going out. I'll be adding more info to the guide once progression with TM is done that will include an encounter guide and "stance dancing" guide.

Warrior
    Wild Strike damage has been increased by 18%.
    Execute damage has been decreased by 7%.
    Mortal Strike damage has been increased by 5%.
    So we're back to WS (BS) > WW (RW) > WS > WW?

Deleted
    ain't it RB > WS (BS) > WS > WW (RW)?

I was only including filler moves. Of course RB will trump any of those.

Deleted
    What I meant was: is Wild Strike without buff still weaker then Whirlwind with raging wind? Is Wild Strike without buff still weaker then Whirlwind without raging wind?
    From what I noticed (however I did not take that close a look), Wild Strike can hit really hard sometimes now... does whirlwind still trump it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a question about your enchants, isn't Windsong better than dancing steel considering Crit is worth more than Str?

So I just finish my gear with full BiS now i try to use wow reforge for perfect reforge but i have a problem the page told me to reforge Crit in hit and expertise and im not so sure as Furry is very Crit dependable what do u guys think?