Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Laugh all you want, but I canceled my subscription due to similar trends. Why do I still post on wow related forums? Because I would very much like to be bought over once again by Blizzard, but so far in the months since I quit they have continued to stray from what I would deem a quality gaming experience with "innovations" like this (yes I also hate on LFD, LFR, flying mounts etc.) that disintegrate the RPG element of the game. It's hard to 'role play' when it is so incredibly difficult to build a character-specific reputation among other players because you never see the same person twice.

I will say that it was a nice thought, because they wanted to bring some 'life' back into the game especially on lower population servers. However, it's definitely the wrong time for a change like this when it's already an abysmally anti-social experience to play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    So you are mad that in a PVP server for an MMO you are getting killed? Seems logical, I too don't understand why you are getting killed after picking to play on a server which keeps you flagged. That's really weird.
    Nope, that's not why. I clearly wrote "It would happen about once a week compared to ten to fifteen times a day with CRZ." I'm on a pretty small pop pvp realm with the majority being alliance. This meant ganks were very few and far between prior to CRZ. The facts that it was a small pop realm and that 90% was made up of alliance were the deciding factors when I made the server swap and to move to my current guild. It was practically a pve realm.

Edited to add the last two sentences.
    Last edited by reef; 2012-09-22 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who firmly believes that the way CRZ behaves now is just Blizzard letting us all in the pool at the same time before implenting it's ACTUAL purpose (which is to populate non-crowded zones).

It's a funny little thing before the release of the expansion, it's not like we're that occupied with anything else at the moment.

There is something many are missing here... CRZ is not optional. There is nothing else in the game that you are really forced into the way this is being forced on everyone.

As for those on PvP servers... well most of those servers didn't have that many people in each zone even when they where populated. What they are facing now is a lot of people in every single zone. I cannot imagine trying to level with that going on.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    There is something many are missing here... .... I cannot imagine trying to level with that going on.
    This is also a very good point, they have done something that is incredibly radical to combat something warranting a more subtle solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving CRZ Molten front has been the greatest lately.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I lead an 80 man warband against a legion of Horde trying to control the Dark Portal spawn point yesterday, the result was a bloodbath the likes of which I haven't witnessed since Vanilla. Everyone involved gained 600-1000 Honourable Kills in little less than an hour.

My relatively low population realm can now easily find a pug for even 25 man raids by simply setting foot outside Stormwind and putting an advertisement in General. New friends have been made, zones are buzzing with activity.

I haven't had this much fun on WoW in years, and MoP isn't even here yet. How in any way, shape or form is CRZ a bad thing, and heaven above, how on earth can you be forced to quit the game over arguably the best addition to any game ever?
    You can't cross realm current tier raids. Dragonsoul is no longer considered current tier.

i'm quitting to join the military, this game has gone stale and I'm opting out todo something more worthwhile with my time. have fun peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    There's a Change.org on this topic? Good lord, really?
    I saw that! It took me five minutes to compose myself enough to type this post.
    My god people are such babies! hahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    For every person who vocally quits, at least 3 others do as well without saying anything, while telling others not to by that product.

Business 101.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It's their $15, if they don't want to blindly give it Blizzard each month, why do you care?
    Personal choice is indeed just that: personal choice. We have no say in what they choose.

But sometimes when someone makes a personal choice for a stupid reason, it's funny. Like this time. This is funny.

Now that that's handled, the OP wanted to make a thread about something that interested him. Why do you care?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Personal choice is indeed just that: personal choice. We have no say in what they choose.

But sometimes when someone makes a personal choice for a stupid reason, it's funny. Like this time. This is funny.

Now that that's handled, the OP wanted to make a thread about something that interested him. Why do you care?
    Who are you to tell someone their choice is stupid in the first place.

Sounds to me like this thread is trying to shore up the obvious insecurities caused by the fact that the feature is indeed widely disliked as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post

I'm actually quite enjoying that I'm not having to deal with a hundred different jackasses anymore... it's helped me realize that there are, indeed, better games out there that are more fun to play, more enjoyable and, most importantly - aren't filled with egomeniacle immature people who believe any reason that's NOT their own s a "stupid" reason. Thus, I have a much more rewarding gaming experience... and that, my friend, is NOT stupid by any length. :P

I was recently reading over the Elder Scrolls Online FAQ and, while I'm still holding SERIOUS reservations about the game itself, there was a beautiful little paragraph I read there that I must share here - and I've underlined/bolded the important bits:

Additionally, many quest objectives are automatically shared with nearby players in the world to encourage cooperation, even if players don’t actually form a group. Furthermore, there are no kill lockouts. If you assist a fellow player in slaying monsters, both of you will recieve experience and quest credit even if you are not grouped. Zenimax wants to discourage competitiveness within ones own faction, and encourage players to work together against common enemies.
    You see... THAT is what an MMORPG should be about! Formation of a community through working TOGETHER! CRZ does not do that (unless you count multiple brainless people camping of lowbie corpses or killing questgivers as "community".) and especially does not do that on a Normal server.

I'm not into arena or ranked battlegrounds, but I love it when the Horde pay a visit to stormwind, and we go visit them for some payback. Its been happening a lot more since the change and I love it. And I'll tell you what - a lot of the others on the server are loving it too judging by the number of players getting involved.

I'm on a PvE server and it's other pve servers forming groups and raiding. I love it! I like my questing and the odd BG to relieve boredom or gain some fun xp but if it's red - it's dead. And that includes me.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Who are you to tell someone their choice is stupid in the first place.

Sounds to me like this thread is trying to shore up the obvious insecurities caused by the fact that the feature is indeed widely disliked as it stands.
    It's been a long while since I ever agreed with the person with the scrunchy-faced Kirmit avatars... but I'm feeling this might actually probably be true. >_<

It's almost as if the PVP players have an organized campaign to fight against anybody who even SEEMS like they're threatening their ability to be perpetual virtual bullies again (and we're not! Honest! You can keep your CRZ! Just get rid of it on Normal realms or give Normal Realms an opt-out option! EVERYBODY WINS then! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    There's a Change.org on this topic? Good lord, really?

That's really, really silly. Change.org should be used for stuff that actually matters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cross-realm zones have breathed new life into my server... Haven't seen this kind of activity since Burning Crusade. Hopefully this will lead to epic battles at the Crossroads and the Gates of Orgrimmar like old times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's been a long while since I ever agreed with the person with the scrunchy-faced Kirmit avatars... but I'm feeling this might actually probably be true. >_<

It's almost as if the PVP players have an organized campaign to fight against anybody who even SEEMS like they're threatening their ability to be perpetual virtual bullies again (and we're not! Honest! You can keep your CRZ! Just get rid of it on Normal realms or give Normal Realms an opt-out option! EVERYBODY WINS then! :P)
    It's just most people for it are trying to cite people's apparent (nonexistant) aversion towards PVP.. When that's just not the case.

The feature has brought far more problems to the table other than ganking, and people need to realize that.

You say they'll be fixed, sure that's a nice thought. I would be inclined to believe that if the very same bugs people claim will be sorted out, haven't been around since the features FIRST bout of testing. Because as it stands, most of these looming issues being fixed are pipe dreams until the next major patch post-release, and even then I doubt we'll have made any significant progress.

And personally, I feel as though Blizzard is going to leave the PvE / PvP overlap in-tact, purposefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellentino View Post
    The cross-realm zones have breathed new life into my server... Haven't seen this kind of activity since Burning Crusade. Hopefully this will lead to epic battles at the Crossroads and the Gates of Orgrimmar like old times...
    Oh my lord, people aren't completely grasping this feature are they?

Your server is NOT ALIVE, you are seeing the populations of OTHER SERVERS, not yours! Your server is still as it was, other than the questionable functionality of this newly reintroduced 'world pvp', your server has gained absolutely nothing from the feature.

I ask for people not to be fooled by this, if only to not get their expectations up.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2012-09-22 at 02:48 AM.

i dont get it this is a mmo the game isnt single player pvp wss implemented for a reason also

Good, pardon me for language, but these kinds of fucking bitches need to get off World of Warcraft. They are the cancer that ruin this game. CRZ is hands down the best feature of MoP, and defines Garrosh's war lorewise.

Also, no offense but is it me, or are these stupid babies Alliance most of the time?