Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Testing Dash after the North American servers restarted, it seems we can. Was fun while it lasted...
    Yeah was very fun while it lasted :P back to wild charge now i guess!

How would one go about min-maxing for leveling?
    Reforging - hit/exp (dodge) cap > haste > crit > mastery?
    Most average quest mobs won't live long enough for mastery to be that good and you won't be aoe'ing much either as the mobs are rather strong.
    What if you're gonna go for 1-2 lvls in instances... Would that switch around mastery and haste? Would it be too much of a timewaste to go to the city for reforging, given addons and whatnot to make it as fast as possible?
    Talents - Tier 1 (FS or WC), Tier 3 (ME or Typhoon) and Tier 5 (likely MB) are personal preference? Tier 2 CW and Tier 4 SotF?
    Glyphs - Cat Form, Savagery, Shred? Maybe something else instead of Cat Form? It's awesome, but we have a lot of utility talents for survival anyway, but the mobs do hit hard...
    Minors - Aquatic Form, Grace and Predator. Nothing else helps you in any way while leveling...
    Gear - For trinkets Vial and Badge or Insignia of Conquest? Or something else? I suppose Wrath's uptime would be too bad to use that. What about rest of the gear? (starting point being BiS DS gear and access to close to everything from before)

I don't intend to go for realm first, but I do plan to go as fast as possible, so I'd like to know if I'm wrong about anything I mentioned myself, what to add there and in general what good tips people might have to make leveling as fast as possible.

Haste/crit reforge is what I'm gonna be running, the more cp's I have the more PS's I get and that means I can get off HT's making chainpulls more efficient, and the more energy regen I have the more abilities I can use. Running Wild Charge Disorienting Roar NS Incarnation and Typhoon.
    As for Glyphs Cat form Savagery Shred is the way to go, as you said.. Vial and any on use trinket(sigil looks sexy). Anything you feel comfortable with tbh heroic kiril is gonna be insanely good..
    Big tip, skip first 2 zones through dungeons so you don't have to hassle with the amount of people in the first zones and skip the crowd- That's it.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Deleted
    So I just had a bit of a thought about displacer beast. Thinking about how useless it is...or not?
    It is definately useless as a threat drop. Or invis. Or any other way one would imagine it to being used.
    But let's think about some other uses for it shall we?

Imagine a fight like raggy (Let's say hc pre a some nerfs at least). What did we do to kill sons of flame fast? Oh yeah right.. we charged them and opened (free ravage!).
    Now how would we do the most dps on them now..? How about a ravage? It's not free but it still crits for 70k. And crits most of the times. 100% atm at lvl 85. You can even put out a pounce if you feel like it.
    Now raggy emerges again. If you did not use Displacer beast on the sons you should have used it before he comes up. Guess what. You are able to open on rag with a ravage. Doesn't that sound nice?
    Now another thing. Since some fights (raggy) have rly big hitboxes you could also use it during combat and still be in melee range. Just make sure there is no AoE pulse going out while you're in stealth.
    Make a macro which is something like this to avoid going out of stealth again due to some melee hit:
    /cast displacer beast
    /stopattack

Then you do a ravage. That should be a 1 sec global cooldown worth of auto attacks lost.

This seems to be something we actually need to use sometimes. Need some fast combo points on that add during elegon fight? No prob, you blink to it and open with a ravage crit.
    I dont know what you guys think but I believe this to be a dps increase at certain fights. It actually makes the stealth glyph a dps increase in some cases.
    Just make sure there is no AoE hit incomming because that will take you out of stealth. And you've got to be behind the target in order to ravage.

Short version: I love ravage buff
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-09-20 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Haste/crit reforge is what I'm gonna be running, the more cp's I have the more PS's I get and that means I can get off HT's making chainpulls more efficient, and the more energy regen I have the more abilities I can use. Running Wild Charge Disorienting Roar NS Incarnation and Typhoon.
    As for Glyphs Cat form Savagery Shred is the way to go, as you said.. Vial and any on use trinket(sigil looks sexy). Anything you feel comfortable with tbh heroic kiril is gonna be insanely good..
    Big tip, skip first 2 zones through dungeons so you don't have to hassle with the amount of people in the first zones and skip the crowd- That's it.
    Sounds good, apart from some talents (at least to me), but that's mostly rather minor.

I wonder if there's any point to having any hit and exp considering the higher you get the more rating you need for also, but at the same time, all you really need in general is to be capped vs your own lvl mobs (if at all).
    Anyone else wanna share what you'll be running to be as efficient as possible ? (in general - reforging, talents, gear etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Obblivion View Post
    Sounds good, apart from some talents (at least to me), but that's mostly rather minor.

I wonder if there's any point to having any hit and exp considering the higher you get the more rating you need for also, but at the same time, all you really need in general is to be capped vs your own lvl mobs (if at all).
    Anyone else wanna share what you'll be running to be as efficient as possible ? (in general - reforging, talents, gear etc.)
    Alright, items changed for the better since the start of the beta, especially for some quest rewards (guess Blizz decided that heroic DS gear being good through lvl 90 was a bad thing). I've been helping guildies out, which entails me to level again... but it helps me answer your question.

Up to and including Kun-Lai (85 through 87), if you're raid-capped for Hit/Exp at 85 you'll be perfectly fine. Even with stats scaling adjustments, the mobs you'll encounter while questing should have you always Hit/Exp capped with those levels. When you hit Townlong Steppes at 88, you'll notice that most of the mobs you encounter are a higher level than you... yes, you'll even be fighting level 90 mobs while you're still 88. However, all is not lost, since the quest rewards should start beating DS gear. Hit rating is not in short supply, however expertise items may be limited... if I recall, there were only expertise shoulders that I found in Townlong. Regardless, with gear upgrades in Townlong Steppes, you'll be capped until 90.

*edit* - Oh, yeah, you wanted talents, too. Well, the talents will start to matter when you hit 88, so it will likely depend on your spec. The ones I used quite often were Nature's Swiftness, Typhoon, and Ursol's Vortex (especially as Guardian). NS is self-explanatory, Typhoon is good for AoE spell-casting interrupts as well as getting large groups out of your face, and in conjunction with Ursol's Vortex this can allow you to get away and/or heal up. I suppose I find Wild Charge nice when you encounter water, since it's basically an underwater sprint in Aquatic Form... though passive run speed is nice, too.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-09-22 at 06:18 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Aight, cool, thnx^^