Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    There is only one issue with Borderlands 2 and that's the inventory screens, I hate em. They are too messy. They tried to make them simple, but made them worse in my opinion.
    Agreed. I've been super happy with all the changes they made for the PC version, but the inventory UI is not very good : /

Much prefer the style used in BL1 (unless I'm remembering them incorrectly). Not the worst I've seen, but not great either.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Agreed. I've been super happy with all the changes they made for the PC version, but the inventory UI is not very good : /

Much prefer the style used in BL1 (unless I'm remembering them incorrectly). Not the worst I've seen, but not great either.
    Just don't sort your inventory, it likes to do really whacky things.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

I can honestly say i dont remember dieing this much in Borderlands 1. But i usually dont play shooters (only like playing halo games and Mass effect games) and i played Borderlands 1 on Xbox 360 and im playing Borderlands 2 on PC. And im not used to playing shooters with a mouse and keyboard. (only played ME3 with this setup). I do hope they dont change the difficulty but sometimes it is frustraiting when i kill all the enemies and die seconds later cuz of an explosion or im on fire or somthing. I know GW2 took the downed system and rallying from Borderlands 1, But i think Borderlands 2 needs to take the self rez when not getting attacked from GW2. (obviously you can only use when out of combat)

Deleted
    Got a new legendary shotgun for my gunzerker, decided to test it out. I wasn't disappointed, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ23S...ature=youtu.be It's still loading, so might be a while before video is up or in full 1080p quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Got a new legendary shotgun for my gunzerker, decided to test it out. I wasn't disappointed, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ23S...ature=youtu.be It's still loading, so might be a while before video is up or in full 1080p quality.
    Watching someone play with a mouse/keyboard, finally. Tired of all those videos of trying to watch someone aim with a joystick and overshooting, over-correcting, and still missing. Unless, somehow, you ARE on console, then holy crap wtf good aim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I can honestly say i dont remember dieing this much in Borderlands 1. But i usually dont play shooters (only like playing halo games and Mass effect games) and i played Borderlands 1 on Xbox 360 and im playing Borderlands 2 on PC. And im not used to playing shooters with a mouse and keyboard. (only played ME3 with this setup). I do hope they dont change the difficulty but sometimes it is frustraiting when i kill all the enemies and die seconds later cuz of an explosion or im on fire or somthing. I know GW2 took the downed system and rallying from Borderlands 1, But i think Borderlands 2 needs to take the self rez when not getting attacked from GW2. (obviously you can only use when out of combat)
    This I do agree with. Nothing worse than killing all but one enemy, then the last one dies right as you go down. No longer anything left to rez you. That sucks and happens pretty regularly, especially with elemental weapons.

I definitely agree with the inventory problems, if there`s one thing I hate in this game it`s how it`s hard to really tell what is a good upgrade and what isn`t, and then I go into my inventory and I can`t tell the guns apart...of course now I just favorite the ones i`m using and cross out the junk I won`t use to sell. I don`t like how my inventory is so limited that I can`t pick up all the green/grey guns I don`t need so I can sell them because it fills my inventory up. I guess it`s not so bad once you get more eridium and buy more spaces, that`s helped me a lot.

on a side note, I found this cute little guy. I swear I love all the random references and characters, handsome jack and the crazy little girl to name a few, I just *want* them to come on my radio and talk, never have that happen in games.

I think it's cool how if you walk away from someone when they're talking to you, it switches to echo.

I tried to give this game a second shot. After one way fast travel before W4R-D3N I'm done

Totally done its ridiculous.

I already have to put up with enough bs, its stupid to put one way fast travel. I had no way to get this guys shields down, he was spawning robots like crazy, so I thought I'd go back to sanctuary what could be the harm right. I found 2 shock rocket launchers, decided to go back, didn't see it on the fast travel locations. Decided to just port to stronghold maybe the bandits are still dead.

NOPE

I HAVE TO GO BACK AND KILL THEM ALL
    OVER
    AGAIN

I'm done with the game, done. Done!

Explain the reason of one way fast travel? It should be there or shouldn't. If its harm putting it next to the boss put it at the beginning of the level so I don't have to do twice the walking. I was not going to go through stronghold and ramparts again. Those 2 levels are to damn long & annoying to have to do it twice in a row.

I was hating the gunzerker. I gave the commando a shot and really liked it, but this just broke it for me.

The game isn't terrible but it in my book deserves a 4/10.

Theres alot of shit they need to fix before I can consider playing it again. The thinking in this is beyond stupid. I wonder how people even get hired at such places?

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    NOPE

I HAVE TO GO BACK AND KILL THEM ALL
    OVER
    AGAIN
    You don't want to kill things in a game built around killing things?

10+ Year Old Account

Theres alot of shit they need to fix before I can consider playing it again. The thinking in this is beyond stupid. I wonder how people even get hired at such places?
    You know... I'm not one to normally call people out on trolling... but this is either intentional inflammitory posting... or you're legitimately comfortable letting everyone know that you just raged out because you couldn't down an easy boss and didn't want to put in the travel time after you decided to leave.

No disrespect or anything.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Both of you I would like to counter that.

Do you know what its like going back through both of those sets of levels for at least 90 minutes? To do it again? If I wanted to grind on multiple mobs I'd go play a real RPG or MMO. Not some half work rpg/fps. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first borderlands, I was just saddened it didn't have any real pvp in it besides dueling.

@ryngo

No its not intentional flaming, its yeah sure raging. I doubt either one of you had this trouble because you haven't had to play by yourself is my doubt. I've played coop and single player. By far singleplayer is much much tougher. Its much easier with commando or siren as they have ways of pulling damage off yourself with the action skills. Gunzerkers & zero's don't, zero's do I guess but its rather useless if you ask me. Why have a decoy when you can have a turret that shoots and is almost as deadly as yourself?

I bet you had no idea that was one way fast travel until I mentioned it. Please enlighten me how you've had to go through the same situation and then please repeat what you said. I don't mean to disrespect but put yourself in my fancy shoes before walking over them please.

I'll give it another shot with a friend but single player is about over for me, there needs to be a bit more tuning done to it for it to be considered fun when its face roll with coop.

I was just saddened it didn't have any real pvp in it besides dueling.
    Not every game is supposed to have PvP. Borderlands is not such a game, and if you're looking for PvP, no, this game isn't for you. I'm extremely glad the game wasn't ruined with PvP, then we'd have the same crap that happens in WoW, with classes being constantly balanced for PvP and we'd just sit there and be nerfed down, wrecking our single player balance.

No, some games should not be touching PvP with a 10 foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Not every game is supposed to have PvP. Borderlands is not such a game, and if you're looking for PvP, no, this game isn't for you. I'm extremely glad the game wasn't ruined with PvP, then we'd have the same crap that happens in WoW, with classes being constantly balanced for PvP and we'd just sit there and be nerfed down, wrecking our single player balance.

No, some games should not be touching PvP with a 10 foot pole.
    I see potential in this game for pvp but balancing I guess would be an issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of you I would like to counter that.

Do you know what its like going back through both of those sets of levels for at least 90 minutes? To do it again? If I wanted to grind on multiple mobs I'd go play a real RPG or MMO. Not some half work rpg/fps. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first borderlands, I was just saddened it didn't have any real pvp in it besides dueling.

@ryngo

No its not intentional flaming, its yeah sure raging. I doubt either one of you had this trouble because you haven't had to play by yourself is my doubt. I've played coop and single player. By far singleplayer is much much tougher. Its much easier with commando or siren as they have ways of pulling damage off yourself with the action skills. Gunzerkers & zero's don't, zero's do I guess but its rather useless if you ask me. Why have a decoy when you can have a turret that shoots and is almost as deadly as yourself?

I bet you had no idea that was one way fast travel until I mentioned it. Please enlighten me how you've had to go through the same situation and then please repeat what you said. I don't mean to disrespect but put yourself in my fancy shoes before walking over them please.

I'll give it another shot with a friend but single player is about over for me, there needs to be a bit more tuning done to it for it to be considered fun when its face roll with coop.
    I completed a Zer0 playthrough...half solo half co-op (keeping my game public) and I have to disagree. I find it much easier solo (besides the Wilhelm boss and Bunker which I both found easier co-op). Might just be me or my random co-op teammates, but solo was easier for me.

I only ran into one way fast travel once...and that was after fighting to the last boss and realizing my melee focus spec was kinda pointless. After traveling back to sanctuary to respec I realized I had to fight my way all the way back to the boss den. Oh well no biggie. More stuff to kill...more chances for loot.

Obviously not everyone is going to like every game (nor should they) but for someone like you who professed to enjoy the original I have a hard time imagining you not drooling in ecstasy at the sequel. I've found it to be a step up in nearly every way.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo is much easier. Enemies do less damage and have far less health. In Co-op situations, you're not always both tunneling the same enemy. When it's one on one with you and a badass, they're WAY more scaled up then they are on single player.

Seriously, single player is and always will be easier, not just in opinion, but statistically. Sure, if the co-op involved 2-4 incredibly skilled people all talking strat on skype, coordinating attacks and picking targets it may seem easier, but most of the time it's just bullshitting and laughing at dialogue. I normally don't jump on people's cases like this Angarin, but I'm a little tired of the excuses. If you're not going to play the game, don't play it. Do not come here and spread biased, angry points of view that may sway the opinion of potential buyers.

To each their own, but let's at least keep it factual.

Plenty of people have finished the game already, on and offline. It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the difficulty in either.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    4-player co-op... on 360
    Controller ;__;
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-09-22 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice little observation for True Vault Hunter Mode. Well... mobs are scaled really high. So you know those Eridium you got, welp. Here's where your ammo capacity comes into use. Make every shot count, barely any misses, more headshots, etc.
    Mobs will have random resist to certain elements, and may even do elemental damage. There are more armored mobs, like armored psychos, which is annoying as hell.
    Edit - The shield also provide resist against elements, so use a shock, slag or normal weapon to remove it, then you can use whatever element you want.
    Have 4 types of gun with you, you want all the ammo you can get, as me and my brother found out. Any upgrade, no matter how minor, pick it up. It actually gets pretty difficult.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-09-22 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Solo is much easier. Enemies do less damage and have far less health. In Co-op situations, you're not always both tunneling the same enemy. When it's one on one with you and a badass, they're WAY more scaled up then they are on single player.

Seriously, single player is and always will be easier, not just in opinion, but statistically. Sure, if the co-op involved 2-4 incredibly skilled people all talking strat on skype, coordinating attacks and picking targets it may seem easier, but most of the time it's just bullshitting and laughing at dialogue. I normally don't jump on people's cases like this Angarin, but I'm a little tired of the excuses. If you're not going to play the game, don't play it. Do not come here and spread biased, angry points of view that may sway the opinion of potential buyers.

To each their own, but let's at least keep it factual.

Plenty of people have finished the game already, on and offline. It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with the difficulty in either.
    To be honest, I would read his post and it would influence me positively. "Yes, a hard game!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Nice little observation for True Vault Hunter Mode. Well... mobs are scaled really high. So you know those Eridium you got, welp. Here's where your ammo capacity comes into use. Make every shot count, barely any misses, more headshots, etc.
    Mobs will have random resist to certain elements, and may even do elemental damage. There are more armored mobs, like armored psychos, which is annoying as hell.
    Edit - The shield also provide resist against elements, so use a shock, slag or normal weapon to remove it, then you can use whatever element you want.
    Have 4 types of gun with you, you want all the ammo you can get, as me and my brother found out. Any upgrade, no matter how minor, pick it up. It actually gets pretty difficult.
    Yes so far in TVH ive found it best to keep at least one corrosive, electric, and fire gun (preferably different gun types to save ammo) so you can deal with armor, shields, and flesh (super badass bullymongs might have no shield or armor but TVH throws a few at you at a time). And this is all still within the first subzone (Southern Shelf-Bay). I have a feeling it will continue to ramp up.

Biggest drawback I'm seeing so far is that you should be able to put a few more guns on quick swap mode (on PC at least). I know the joypad only has 4 slots for quickswaps, but it would be easy enough to let us PC users hotbind more than 1-4 to guns. Oh well. Clunky inventory UI.
    "Brevity is...wit"