Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

MOP Pre-Raid Gear List

Has one been made yet?

Wish you'd had a question mark in the thread title here : /
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I didn't even think of it

Haha, it's cool ... just, I saw the title, and I was all like, "Whoa, someone's awesome ! Oh, they're asking for one " ... haha :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Haha, it's cool ... just, I saw the title, and I was all like, "Whoa, someone's awesome ! Oh, they're asking for one " ... haha :P
    i was excited 2, someone should do this

What were you looking for? Just a list of pieces we can use or some kind of pre-raid BiS. The former would be easy but as for the later last I knew the stat weights weren't quite figured out yet.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2012-07-26 at 05:08 AM.

Well, the Simcraft pre-raid profile uses the following:

Head: Whitemane's Embroidered Chapeau
    Neck: Pendant of Precise Timing
    Shoulders: Forgotten Bloodmage Mantle
    Chest: Spelltwister's Grand Robe
    Waist: Girdle of Endemic Anger
    Legs: Leggings of Unleashed Anguish
    Feet: Scarlet Sandals
    Wrist: Deadwalker Bracers
    Hands: Spelltwister's Gloves
    Rings: Signet of the Hidden Door & Eye of the Tornado
    Trinkets: Vision of the Predator & Flashfrozen Rosin Globule
    Back: Scorched Earth Cloak
    Weapon: Melted Hypnotic Blade
    Off-hand: Inscribed Jade Fan (incorrectly labeled)

The robes, gloves, and off-hand are crafted epics, and the rest is heroic dungeon blues. It doesn't include any of the available rep/VP gear. If you're looking to pick this stuff up in the beta, the hardest one to get would be the off-hand fan, as scribes aren't very common and AH prices on the beta are just stupid (though I expect when MoP hits live that scribe staffs and off-hands are going to be pretty pricey anyway).

If you're after an alternative OH, there's the Bottle of Potent Potables (which unfortunately lacks hit), or if you'd prefer a staff there's the Wort Stirring Rod (with hit), Staff of Trembling Will, or the Greatstaff of Righteousness. And for completeness' sake, alternative non-crafted chest and gloves would be Robes of Fevered Dreams or Robes of Koegler for the chest, and Gloves of Endless Slaughter.

There's obviously more options beyond that (rep gear, LFR, random scenario bag gear, world drops, world bosses, etc.) but the above should be enough to get you started. Also, just because the pre-raid gear is used by Simcraft doesn't necessarily mean it's BIS or ideal. Gear is still being tweaked some and I'm not sure if stat weights have been finalized for our three specs.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-07-26 at 05:31 AM.

so.. 10 days if you craft your own stuff with tailor + buy the OH....(excluding luck with loot and spirit harmony)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    so.. 10 days if you craft your own stuff with tailor + buy the OH....(excluding luck with loot and spirit harmony)
    Not to mention actually leveling yourself and professions.

But that list looks nice. Mainly Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance. Very glad that I am going to carry my tailor/scribe through to mists.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    This list is the best possible heroic / crafted gear for FIRE spec, from obvious familiar places in MoP, not included in this list are Rep Rewards Purchased with Valor Points. Since Hit is 15% at 90 I.E. 5100. My set up is pretty much aimed at getting as much hit and crit from gear as osible, while hitting the 15% haste breakpoint raid buffed. This is in theory that 15% raid buffed haste is our plateau, and Crit being > mastery. Changes may occur, but at the moment this is what I’ve compiled. Also BoE’s from crafting Scribes and Tailors are a must with this build, they include Gloves, Chest, and Off-Hand.

Helm -
    Whitemane's Embroidered Chapeau - Crit 497/Haste 450/ Socket Bonus: 180 Int (High Inquisitor Whitemane, Scarlet Monastery) ”Burning Primal Diamond, Brilliant Primordial Ruby" ”Unforged”

Neck -
    Pendant of Precise Timing - Hit 358/Crit 293 (Saboteur Kip'tilak, Gate of the Setting Sun) “Unforged”

Shoulders -
    Shoulders of Engulfing Winds - Crit 405/Haste 405/ Socket Bonus: 60 Haste (Raigonn, Gate of the Setting Sun)
    “Greater Crane Wing Inscription, Veiled Imperial Amethyst," "Unforged”

Cloak -
    Scorched Earth Cloak - Hit 277/Mastery 368 (Brother Korloff, Scarlet Monastery)
    "Enchant Cloak - Accuracy" ”Mastery reforged to Crit”

Chest -
    Spelltwister's Grand Robe: (Crafted BoE) Haste 686/ Mastery 474/ Socket Bonus: 120 Int "Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats, Veiled Imperial Amethyst,Potent Vermilion Onyx, "“Mastery reforged to Crit”

Wrist -
    Deadwalker Bracers - Hit 354/Crit 301(Rattlegore, Scholomance)
    "Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect:" ”Unforged”

Gloves -
    Spelltwister's Gloves: (Crafted BoE) Hit 373/ Mastery 532/ Socket Bonus: 60 Int
    "Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste: ,Veiled Imperial Amethyst" “Mastery Reforged to Crit”

Waist -
    Girdle of Endemic Anger - Hit 471/Crit 401(Lorewalker Stonestep, Temple of the Jade Serpent) "Living Steel Belt Buckle. Brilliant Primordial Ruby" “Unforged”

Legs -
    Leggings of Unleashed Anguish - Crit 636/Haste 429/Socket Bonus: 60 Crit (Lilian Voss, Scholomance) "Greater Cerulean Spellthread, Veiled Imperial Amethyst" “Unforged”

Boots-
    Scarlet Sandals - Hit 372/Crit 425/Socket Bonus: 60 Int(Armsmaster Harlan, Scarlet Halls) "Enchant Boots - Greater Precision, Potent Vermilion Onyx" “Unforged”

Ring #1 -
    Eye of the Tornado - Hit 339/Mastery 326(Master Snowdrift, Shado-Pan Monastery) “Mastery reforged to Crit”

Ring #2 -
    Signet of the Hidden Door - Hit 254/Haste 381(Thalnos the Soulrender, Scholomance)
    “Unforged”

Trinket #1 -
    Vision of the Predator - Intellect/Crit on Proc (Striker Ga'dok, Gate of the Setting Sun)
    “Unforged”

Trinket #2 -
    Flashfrozen Resin Globule - Hit 847- On Use Int (Vizier Jin'bak, Siege of Niuzao Temple) “Unforged”

MH Weapon -
    Firescribe Dagger - Crit 276/Haste 225(Xin the Weaponmaster, Mogu'shan Palace)
    "Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit:" “Haste reforged to Hit” = 90 Hit/ 135 Haste/ 276 Crit

OH Weapon -
    Inscribed Jade Fan (Crafted BoE) Hit 377/ Mastery 377
    "Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect:" “Reforge Mastery to Crit”

End Result is 5107 Hit, 3096 Haste

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
    According to this Raid Buffed Combustion(Glyphed), gets 23 ticks with 3056 haste. Nether Tempest also gets a 14th tick at this breakpoint.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...s-of-pandaria/
    This is where I got information on spell hit. At level 90 hit rating’s value is 340 per 1%.
    This is the warlock forum.

The stickies at the top of this forum have pre-raid gear lists in.

Lol does no one read stickies anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    The stickies at the top of this forum have pre-raid gear lists in.
    only downside of your lists is they dont take into account the honor gear ( which in a lot of cases are better than the blues available from heroics ).

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    only downside of your lists is they dont take into account the honor gear ( which in a lot of cases are better than the blues available from heroics ).
    Where do you se PvP gear that is better than the Heroic Blues from PvE? only the higher Ilvl PvP gear is better than Heroic Blues, and you wont be able to buy that the first weeks of MoP untill you get enough rated points.

EDIT: A good comparison is the PvP head slot and PvE head slot, the PvP one has 9 more Int and 27 more secondary stats, BUT, what makes the Heroic PvE one better is the gem slot bonus, 180 PvP Power vs. 180 Int. PvP Power does 0 in PvE, so a clear winner ^^ PvP and PvE items are not all that far from eachother in terms of start, stats only seem to separate more clearly once you get Raid gear vs. Arena gear
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-09-22 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you can possibly get one Valor item before you start your first raid, the question is: which?

If I just look at the Mogu'shan Vaults loot table, there is no competition for the Shado-Pan cloak (hit/mastery), the August Celestials wrists (hit/mastery), the August Celestials feet (hit/crit) and the Golden Lotus ring (hit/haste).

For me it's probably gonna be the ring first as there is only one other ring around without spirit and then the cloak as it will not be replaced until Garalon HC or Protectors Elite/HC, the other items can already be replaced in HoF/ToES normal.

So I will first nerd Golden Lotus to revered, which is quite practical as the tailoring pattern are also on that faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Where do you se PvP gear that is better than the Heroic Blues from PvE? only the higher Ilvl PvP gear is better than Heroic Blues, and you wont be able to buy that the first weeks of MoP untill you get enough rated points.

EDIT: A good comparison is the PvP head slot and PvE head slot, the PvP one has 9 more Int and 27 more secondary stats, BUT, what makes the Heroic PvE one better is the gem slot bonus, 180 PvP Power vs. 180 Int. PvP Power does 0 in PvE, so a clear winner ^^ PvP and PvE items are not all that far from eachother in terms of start, stats only seem to separate more clearly once you get Raid gear vs. Arena gear
    Honor buys 464 epic pvp gear, and due to the sockets ( and slightly higher ilvl ), quite a few pieces are better. Ill post a link to my spreadsheet in a bit once i get it all finished up.

Also yes the helm out of heroics is better than the pvp helm :P
    Last edited by Cebel; 2012-09-23 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    As you can possibly get one Valor item before you start your first raid, the question is: which?

If I just look at the Mogu'shan Vaults loot table, there is no competition for the Shado-Pan cloak (hit/mastery), the August Celestials wrists (hit/mastery), the August Celestials feet (hit/crit) and the Golden Lotus ring (hit/haste).

For me it's probably gonna be the ring first as there is only one other ring around without spirit and then the cloak as it will not be replaced until Garalon HC or Protectors Elite/HC, the other items can already be replaced in HoF/ToES normal.

So I will first nerd Golden Lotus to revered, which is quite practical as the tailoring pattern are also on that faction.
    Pretty sure it's not possible to get revered in the first week, though I might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(-Affliction-) - link to my finished pre-raid gear setup

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Honor buys 464 epic pvp gear, and due to the sockets ( and slightly higher ilvl ), quite a few pieces are better. Ill post a link to my spreadsheet in a bit once i get it all finished up.

Also yes the helm out of heroics is better than the pvp helm :P
    This is from a blue post on MMO-Champ:

"Start Date of Season 12
    There is no official set in stone start date for Season 12, but it should begin approximately 1 week after the release of Mists of Pandaria."

If that will indeed be true, then obviously you cant get any PvP gear the first week O_O, unless they exlude the season 12 Honor gear from that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    This is from a blue post on MMO-Champ:

"Start Date of Season 12
    There is no official set in stone start date for Season 12, but it should begin approximately 1 week after the release of Mists of Pandaria."

If that will indeed be true, then obviously you cant get any PvP gear the first week O_O, unless they exlude the season 12 Honor gear from that statement.
    They have every other expansion to my knowledge, and was available on beta. Still doesnt mean you couldnt have 4k honor and 4k jp saved up to dump into the gear the following tuesday before raid.